S3 and A3 2.0T Quattro Help/Information

K Wiles

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm bamboozled by the level of curent models and I'm after a little help. After being in the family from new, I've had the old thing 15ys. I've decided it's time for my E reg UR Quattro to go. I've been looking at the S3 and 2.0T A3 Quattro at my local Audi Garage, the only thing that I'm wanting info on is servicing cost, especially cam belt time !. Would a 2.0T 225 BHP be only slighlty cheeper to service. It's just that when I launched out of the Audi Dealer in Leeds in the old UR giving the sales man a demo that a car with 300,000 and FSH has still pleanty of life left in, when I gave the A3 2.0T the same treatment the S3 only seemed to deliver grunt like the UR. I'm only getting rid because I teach people to drive in the UR and I've just got board of it, and it's well and truly paid for it's self !

Any help greatfully recieved.

Cheers

I don't think that the service costs for cambelt change would be different. It is essentially the same engine in a 2.0 TFSi and an S3.

having moved from a 2.0 TFSi quattro to an S3 last Dec, the S3 is much more fun.

The 2.0T A3 isn't 225 BHP - it's only 200 BHP. If service cost is the only thing worrying you, get the S3.