Air con immediate on/off???

B

bentleyboy

Is there a way to turn your air con on or off without having to repeatedly tap the + or - buttons??

Annoys me when it's on full blast and want to turn it off but have to press the - button 20 times before it finally switches off! And vice versa for when it's off and I want it on full blast.

:confused:

lm sure if you press - for a few seconds it should turn off.

lm sure if you press - for a few seconds it should turn off.

I thought I'd already tried that and it just came down through the blower speeds until it went off.
I want it to just switch off straight from the blower speed that it's at, and switch back on to the same speed.
But cheers, I'll give it a go again.

lf it doesnt work and it isnt in the handbook it might be doable through VAGCOM.

Couldn't see it in the handbook.

Pretty silly IF they haven't given us that function as standard though.
Most things have a simple on/off button, don't they!! :wacko:

The blower speed is dependant on the temp its set at. If you have it on too cold the blower is always on trying to cool it down. Try upping the temp a few degrees and you will notice the blower not going so mental.

The best thing would be to turn AUTO off and then the fan will not go full blast when ever you change the temperature.

The blower speed is dependant on the temp its set at. If you have it on too cold the blower is always on trying to cool it down. Try upping the temp a few degrees and you will notice the blower not going so mental.

The blower speed is only dependant on the temp when you've got it on auto. When not on auto it just blows out air at which ever speed you have it set to, regardless of the temp setting.

Oh well, looks like my FSI is going to give me an RSI because of the amount of times I'll have to press the +/- button.
Audi, very poor!!! :(

Dont dispair, as l said you might be able to do it with vagcom. give iggu, jamiekip or nhn.