S3 Wheels, How much?

T88OMM

Reaction score
I have a set of genuine 2009 S3 wheels that have come off my my new S3, they have done 400 miles at the most, I no longer need them as they were changed within an hour of getting the car, they are just taking up space in the garage. They are absolutely perfect not a mark on them with 4 brand new Continental conti sport contact 2's. I know the tyres are worth are fair bit so I was just looking for advice on what I should be asking for them. I am looking to sell them on e-bay or to someone on here if there are any interested.

Audi-S3_Sportback_2009_800x600_wallpaper_09.jpg

They normally fetch £600 on ebay second hand so i'd expect £650-700 for yours at least.

What wheels have you bought, if not genuine Audi i would keep them ready for when you sell the car.

I would have thought at least £800 if they are mint, considering you have to pay £600ish for a set of reps with fairly basic tyres.

I would have thought at least £800 if they are mint, considering you have to pay £600ish for a set of reps with fairly basic tyres.

I'm with Cameron: these are OEM with extremely good tyres at around £120/130 a touch. I would be thinking £350 for the tyres alone. BTW, I though they were on CSC IIIs now?

I would get a price from Audi (Frenchy, maybe) for the OEM rims and work from there.

Was watching a set on our favourite auction site which started at £650 and were mint like yours. Failed to find a buyer. Dropped to £600 and they sold straight away.

You might get lucky and have a few folk watching but, like others have said the tyres are worth more than the alloys on the 2nd hand market. You might make more money trying to find 4 peeps on here prepared to buy one each as a spare and bumping the price up per unit a little.

If you go for the latter option I'm buyer 1!

...tyres are worth more than the alloys on the 2nd hand market...

Isn't that just madness? IIRC Brucer (the Edinburgh guy anyway) paid nearly two grand for his OEM RS6s - then rubber on top of that.

What is it with the S3s then? I know that they're not as intricate, but applying the value of the tyres what we are saying is the rims are only worth about £300. Sheeit.

It would be interesting to know what they are to buy from Audi though.

Pluves - you fancy full sized spare then? < Edit: scratch that, just seen it in your post :tumble:.

I think the problem with the S3 wheels is that the S-lines come with 18's anyway and IMHO, are a better looking wheel! .......runs and hides! :whistle2:

I think the problem with the S3 wheels is that the S-lines come with 18's anyway and IMHO, are a better looking wheel! .......runs and hides! :whistle2:

Lee, you are probably right. I was just thinking that it is obviously supply and demand. I think I have only seen two cars (on forums) that have fitted the facelift rims. So not in big demand as a whole. Pluves is probably right to split them, either as spares or as replacement to U/S ones. I quite like them, but would be unsure of fitting them for fear of looking like a wanna-be.