Chris NottVolks Autos

View Poll Results: which wheels look better with my s3?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18" OZ ultraleggere, matt graphite

20 25.00%
  • 19" RS6 reps, silver

60 75.00%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By S38P

Thread: Which wheels to go with?

1st Gear

Status

Which wheels to go with?

Hi mates,

As title says i wonder which looks better on the car..

i just wonder about the show side so please keep this in mind...

all comments welcome

18" OZ Ultraleggera

19" RS6 Reps
    Last edited by S38P; 21st June 2009 at 18:30.
    AudiNutta likes this.

APR Stg3 GT2871R|APR HPFP|APR FMIC|Ported&Polished head with +1mm valves|Forged Build Engine|Gredddy catch can|oil filter relocation+oil cooler|Braille Battery|SACHS|SMFW|Forge shortshifter|VF Engineering motor and transmission mounts|APR DP+test pipe+Supersprint rear silencer|HR ARBs|KW V3s|HALDEX Controller|8 pot RS4 Brakes|18x8 ET45 Ultraleggeras (Matt Graphite Silver) |225/40/18 Advan A048|SPARCO Evo2 Seats with 4point harness|rear seat delete+stripped interior|Defi Boost & EGT|AEM AFR|

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I would go with the RS6, im hoping to do the same when i pick up my new motor

4th Gear

Status
    You don't make it easy! The Oz are purposeful and stealthy, but the RS6s have the bling effect. If it is for show I think the RS6s are good. But by the same token, those that know are always going to respect the Oz as being the better rim. Nice to be making that choice though.

Edit: have you chopped the tints on the bottom pic?
    Last edited by AuldReekie; 21st June 2009 at 18:47. Reason: to add

Status

Thumbs up

The ultra's do look good but the arses look so damn good

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    RS6 reps, by 1 million miles.

1st Gear

Status
    really tough choise

APR Stg3 GT2871R|APR HPFP|APR FMIC|Ported&Polished head with +1mm valves|Forged Build Engine|Gredddy catch can|oil filter relocation+oil cooler|Braille Battery|SACHS|SMFW|Forge shortshifter|VF Engineering motor and transmission mounts|APR DP+test pipe+Supersprint rear silencer|HR ARBs|KW V3s|HALDEX Controller|8 pot RS4 Brakes|18x8 ET45 Ultraleggeras (Matt Graphite Silver) |225/40/18 Advan A048|SPARCO Evo2 Seats with 4point harness|rear seat delete+stripped interior|Defi Boost & EGT|AEM AFR|

Neutral

Status
    The Oz are much better imo, as you say more purposeful.

Boycie

Status
    Speedline tourini My mate has a set for sale, un used! forget the above or BBS CH/CK

In pursuit of audiness:)

Status
    rs6 definately sporty and fit that s3 perfectly
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line
    Mods - |Remap | 18" rs6 wheels |
    To be done - 19" wheels | Tints | Sat nav retrofit | RS6 steering wheel

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    I was saying this on another thread about silver for sprint blue black just kills the car's colour....

The rs6's look very nice mate id go with them definatly

Im not into 18s niether 19s will always look better they just fill the arch nicely , gotta be silver all the way for sprint blue ....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    I was saying this on another thread about silver for sprint blue black just kills the car's colour....
    i also think the same especially with window tint...

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    yeah tints look great they totally change the look of the car not to dark of coarse ...

just looked at your pics on a3 pics looks great mate really nice
    Last edited by 10blazin; 21st June 2009 at 21:15.

5th Gear

Status
    RS6 reps all day everyday!!!

They look amazing on your car btw great photography as well

?

Status
    19" ultraleggeras
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

5th Gear

Status
    Ooohh I'm liking those RS6 reps
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

1st Gear

Status
    No No to RS6,relicas no way.To heavy

OZ Ultraleggera is amazing,strong and light,make them shiny silver if you don like the dark style.But dont leave OZ, They will also stay in shape if roads are bad or if you hit a pot on the roads or a track

OZ ALL THE WAY.......
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
    No No to RS6,relicas no way.To heavy

OZ Ultraleggera is amazing,strong and light,make them shiny silver if you don like the dark style.But dont leave OZ, They will also stay in shape if roads are bad or if you hit a pot on the roads or a track

OZ ALL THE WAY.......

youde be suprised there pretty light you know , and ive leathered my wheels accross potholes and they take it just like the originals reps are much better made now and pretty strong .... id take the weight loss for the looks anyday unless i was a serious track nut.....
    Last edited by 10blazin; 22nd June 2009 at 13:03.

1st Gear

Status
    thank you all for your nice comments and compliments...

as for the OZs infact i was expecting much more difference from those wheels but i am not satisfied from the performance... they are very light and in theory you should get better steering response better throttle response better braking etc. but in real life you dont notice any of them.. we tested oz vs rs6 reps and get no difference in side by side accelerations.. also tested them at the track and got no better times...
    may be a prof.race driver can get all out of it but not amateurs...
    i can say it doesnt worth the high price you pay...
    and also light wheels effect the sense of driving in negative way, you get a feeling as if you are driving a cheaper car especially at the bumps and road imperfections...
    the best thing for the ultraleggera is it has good caliper clearence for BBK..

6th Gear

Status
    Quite a hard choice. But i like the colour on the Oz ones an d i do like the RS6 ones. Hmmm if i got the RS6 ones i'd have them in the same colour as the Oz alloys

Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    RS6 reps for me, looks stunning. Where did you get these from,they look really good quality for reps.

1st Gear

Status
    If you didn't notice any difference from the reduction in unsprung weight, I'd go with the RS6 reps without hesitation. They look MUCH nicer in my opinion. The OZs are nice, but as Blazin said, the dark OZs don't suit the sprint blue.
    I reckon they'd look pretty sweet on an ibis white car
    Akoya TDI 140, 18" S4 Rims, VCDS, H&R
    Getting Hybrid treatment

1st Gear

Status
    as of now i bought these RS6 replicas from my friend Olynth.

Quote Originally Posted by remslie20 View Post
    RS6 reps for me, looks stunning. Where did you get these from,they look really good quality for reps.
    you can ask Olynth for details

6th Gear

Status
    As you are more concerned with looks than weight etc I voted for the RS6 reps as they look amazing, in an ideal world you would have 2 sets of wheels, lightweight 18" for track stuff or dodgy winters and the reps for the Wow factor.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

6th Gear

Status
    Just looked at the pics again, definetly RS6 they really suit the car, even though the Oz are an exceptional wheel they make the car look cheaper imo, I am about to sell my spare set for the same reason, I just can't get on with black wheels, the benefits may well be there for my track events but if I hate the look of my car with them on I'd rather do without.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

3rd Gear

Status
    the rs6 look stunning on the car, suit it really well, but the OZ's make the car look mean and make it look like it lives on the track, which i like. personally id have the rs6's tho, it shows off the car more which is what your after!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    As you are more concerned with looks than weight etc I voted for the RS6 reps as they look amazing, in an ideal world you would have 2 sets of wheels, lightweight 18" for track stuff or dodgy winters and the reps for the Wow factor.
    i still have the 18" oz and i may use them for track or snow, i have also oem s3 wheels.. dunno where to store all i may use oz for track oems for snow rs6s for show

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S38P View Post
    i still have the 18" oz and i may use them for track or snow, i have also oem s3 wheels.. dunno where to store all i may use oz for track oems for snow rs6s for show
    id be happy to look after your OZ's for you, would be in a safe place.................. on my car!!!!! lol

Neutral

Status
    The RS6 reps are really killing it for me. the Oz's cheapen the car for me. The 2nd picture looks so nice is any of that photoshopped ????. i like the 1st picture at the Turkish track is that a track day???. Back on subject now if your looking for some lightweight alloys why not try the 0z's Speedlines. I think they look much nicer
    Last edited by Audi_nut; 22nd June 2009 at 22:51.
    Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi_nut View Post
    The RS6 reps are really killing it for me. the Oz's cheapen the car for me. The 2nd picture looks so nice is any of that photoshopped ????. i like the 1st picture at the Turkish track is that a track day???. Back on subject now if your looking for some lightweight alloys why not try the 0z's Speedlines. I think they look much nicer
    photo with rs6 is retouched in PS but not major changes..
    yes 1st photo shot at Istanbul Park F1 track, it was a track day..
    i am not looking for lightweight wheels ultraleggeras do fine for me at the track.. out of track i will use rs6s...

Reverse Gear

Status
    The RS6 reps look good.
    Can you tell me the exact dimensions (wide, et) and post more photos of the car with the 19 wheels
    Audi S3 8P - Phantom Black - milltek turboback, MRC Tuning, Sachs Performance Clutch, Haldex performance controller

1st Gear

Status
    you can find more photos at the pictures thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...131#post759131

as for the dimensions;
    these are 19"x8,5 ET45 with 235/35/19 tyres...
    Last edited by S38P; 23rd June 2009 at 12:23.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can you tell me the price of the rims and who makes them?
    I would like a set but I don't know which ones to buy.
    Audi S3 8P - Phantom Black - milltek turboback, MRC Tuning, Sachs Performance Clutch, Haldex performance controller

4th Gear

Status

rims

rs6! s5 rims are nice too

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Quattro

Status
    @S38P

Thanks for buying wheels mate. I want to invite you for a launch. Just kidding

"yorganda kene var kopar kopar gene var"
    Black B7 RS4 / 20"BBS CK / Cat Delete / Remap
    Gone / 10' A4 2.0T S-Tronic / RS4 BBK / H&R Springs / Custom Full Exhaust System /
    Gone / 08' S3 / APR STAGE 3 / KW V3 / 18x8 OZ Ultraleggera / Sachs clutch & SMFW / B7 RS4 BBK / SuperSprint TBE / much more...

3rd Gear

Status
    rs6 rims are very heavy i have a set on my car which is lava grey , yes they look nice and suit the car well , but there is better looking wheels for this car and they are alot lighter , man these are the heaviest wheels i have had to carry

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Olynth View Post
    @S38P

Thanks for buying wheels mate. I want to invite you for a launch. Just kidding

"yorganda kene var kopar kopar gene var"
    your welcome mate

yeeabbaaa

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hollow View Post
    rs6 rims are very heavy i have a set on my car which is lava grey , yes they look nice and suit the car well , but there is better looking wheels for this car and they are alot lighter , man these are the heaviest wheels i have had to carry

what ??? there's different make of rs6 reps but ive held some also and they were that light they were that light i didnt buy them because i though they would snap at the first pothole ,

maybe you need the gym because they were to light to me thats why i went for the rs4 reps they were much heavyer guess theres a few rep makers making these wheels eh ....

Neutral

Status
    looks awsome on the rs6 rims in my opinion