Wtd: Ibis White 170DPF A3

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys!

I am tearing my hair out at the minute trying to decide what car to buy next!

I cannot stay clear or look away from A3's - In my opinion, when styled to my standard, are extremely hard to beat and the fact that mine is not an S-Line, makes it more appealing to stick with the A3!

I still love my car to bits but approaching 100k within next 4/5 months and I have owned the car 2.5 years now.

I have looked at S3's as well but realistically, the price, tax, insurance and cost to fuel it would be a bit silly for the miles I do (about a full tank of derv every 9/10 days)

So, my hunt continues for an Ibis White 2006+ 170DPF (or even another 140PD) S-Line with RNSE and all the toys - proving very difficult!

On another note, I have been reading up more and more about the 2.0TFSI which is what I really desire but MPG and fuel cost scare me, but I have been seeing on here that people are getting 40+ mpg from their 2.0TFSI and average low/mid 30's which would be do-able!

I would even consider Red or if you can get a 3dr Sprint blue S-line, that would be awesome!!

Budget would be up to £15k which IMO for white is a bit low but you never know what is out there!

Any help and advice appreciated, I probably would have to take out a small loan to pay for another A3. If I didnt take a loan, my budget would be £10k or so but absolutely NOTHING appeals to me which is classy, economical, the right looks, rare etc....

Thanks

Boycie me old china, the 100k mark is nothing man, why waste money on another car thats identical to yours if its running very well & looks good anyway, just update it with a few facelift parts as I have & you'll still love it, why have the onslaught of a new loan & get very little difference over what you have now mate, maybe I'm missing something here but unless the cars running like crap it would seem silly to let her go.

What about a Leon FR TDI 170? I think they look awesome with the BTCC kit on.

I know what you are saying nigel, I am just worrying about re-sale and when I cross the 100k mark I will get F-All for it!

The car is mechanically sound and doesn't owe me a penny - I have contemplated doing a facelift conversion on it - but I do like the "old school" look of it! Will have to talk to you more indepth about it!! Plus I have not seen a facelift A3 in my colour over here (with optics :) )

Lee R - the leon BTCC kitted cars are done to complete death over here in Northern Ireland to the point where they look crap IMO

A standard FR or cupra'd leon is much nicer looking IMO!

I have to say the pre facelift S-Line in Ibis is a stunning car. Pretty rare too.

Audi did a special edition A3 sportback in sprint blue. I bet there aren't many 3 doors ones though.

I still think you should wait and get the S3.

I've gotta agree with what's been said but ultimately it's your choice. If your car is running fine and you still like it, you'll be spending a hell of a lot of money to just change colour. But I guess I can't really talk....

SEAT's have always had a big following in NI, not sure why, you hardly see any where i live!

Leons interior isnt the best either but good value!

to be honest with regards to economy its going to be more your driving style. obviously a diesel is going to be more economic but if there are tight times you can make yout petrol last e.g. i recently got 41mpg on a 200mile trip from my 8l s3. granted i was driving like a granny but it didnt take as much as i thought to be that economic.

i got mine for 14.800 had 26 on the clock spec is massive and its a 20.tfsi...

in a diesel you wont get as good for that price and i wack 50 a week in petrol ....but do love it ..

I recently missed an 06 ibis white 2.0 TFSI. :(

Hope your search goes well.

S3 as we already discussed Andy is just gonna kill you on the total running/purchase costs, yeah give me shout on msn mate & we'll chat more, personally you put to much in the 100k mark & as someone already said its alot of money just for a change in colour, your cars nice already & for small cost in comparison to new car you could see it in a completely different light as I have & not have the huge loan costs per month aswell, keep building up your no claims & the time wil be right for an S3 mate, just bide your time as I did & Matt has, then get one cause from my POV you'd be shooting yourself in the foot to get an s3 right now or change for a newer version of what you've got already.

On another note, I have been reading up more and more about the 2.0TFSI which is what I really desire but MPG and fuel cost scare me, but I have been seeing on here that people are getting 40+ mpg from their 2.0TFSI and average low/mid 30's which would be do-able!
40+ mpg? Hypermiling down a motorway with the artics maybe!
I'm lucky to break 30 in mine; they're not much better than S3s fuel wise, though purchase price and insurance will be lower of course.

GOLF GT SPORTS ARE QUITE NICE, the 170 bhp diesels are lovely, have you looked at them ???

They are similar price to the A3 some of them but I personally prefer the looks and style of the A3!

Facelifting it is appealing but I still like the retroness and original votex kit! But smoothness and optics pack is wild tempting!

Thanks for the advice guys!

Personally mate I would stick with what you have. I think there may be a little regret there if you were to get rid of it. I'd say keep doing the little mods ;)

As you know I've been looking for an A3 for ages now and still not really found one. I'm going to ditch all the toys etc, go for the colour (Mizano Red) s-line then retro fit all the toys as and when ;)

... you could add a full restray to your mod list HAHA :p

Have you thought about wrapping yours in ibis after a facelift and some other power mods? Would be much cheaper! From the pictures they did a nice job on Klausters... A garage near me wrapped an SLR in chrome, tacky but they did a very nice job of it.

Have you thought about wrapping yours in ibis after a facelift and some other power mods? Would be much cheaper! From the pictures they did a nice job on Klausters... A garage near me wrapped an SLR in chrome, tacky but they did a very nice job of it.

how cool is this

:sign_ot:
Chrome-Mercedes-SLR.jpg