HELP WITH MY FRONT NOISE IN MY NEW AUDI S3!

awaissmann

Reaction score
Hello, my english is poor. I'm from Argentina.
Good morning. I communicate with you so that they help me. I have a Audi new S3. The car has one week of use and only has a problem. It has a noise to metal in the sector of the right front wheel when there are minimum imperfections of the way. I have a friend who has been having another S3 for two months and he passes the same exactly to him. Here in Audi they do not know that it is but surely as well as it happens to me and east friend problem must be generalized. For that reason I write to them. In order to see if you have antecedents of this noise and if they already know what is the problem generates that it to be able with the guarantee to repair it. Thank you very much, I request excuses by my English and I wait for can help me since I do not like to have a Audi new S3 with one week of use and that she makes east noise so remarkable.
I am of Argentina but they do not find solution here
It would serve much to me if they can help me
:sos:

only when I go by ways that have imperfections like very small wells but when the floor this smooth no. thanks to help and excuses me by my English

hola les cuento mi historia que es unica. me compre un S3 nuevo que me lo entragaron en Marzo. A los pocos dias comence a escuchar un ruido como si fuese en el sector de la rueda delantera derecha. Por supuesto lo lleve a Audi y ahi estuvo, entre idas y vueltas, un mes y nadie me lo pudo arreglar. Vino un ingeniero de Audi y le cambio un amortiguador y la caja de direccion pero el ruido seguia ahi. Por supuesto que hice lio y me cambiaron el auto por otro igual que me lo entregaron hace una semana. Lo increible es que este nuevo S3 el cual tiene 8 dias, hace exactamente el mismo ruido en el mismo lugar y la verdad ya no se que hacer. El anterior lo van a desarmar buscando el problema y si lo encuentran sera facil reparar el actual pero la verdad que si en dos S3 nuevos para lo mismo, en el mundo este problema debe estar repetido y alguien debe saber que es y como solucionarlo. Una historia triste pero real. Ayuda!!

Su Inglés es bastante bueno. Aquí se traduce la versión de estos muchachos.​

Translated
hello I tell them my story is unique.I bought a new S3 handing it to me in March.A few days I began to hear a noise as if it were in the area of the right front wheel.Of course it takes Audi and there was, back and forth
between one month and no one I could fix. An engineer came from Audi and a buffer change and the steering box but the noise was still there. Of course I did mess and I changed the car for another one that I turned it over a week ago.The incredible thing is that this new S3 which is 8 days, does exactly the same noise at the same place and the truth and not to do.The earlier they will seek to disarm the problem and if they find the actual repair will be easy but the fact that if two new S3 for the same in the world this problem has to be repeated and should know that someone is and how to fix it.
A sad but true story. Help!

l havent heard of this, but one guy has had a problem with his steering rack, has been changed more than 3 times. Eventually Audi took the car back. Leon is his nick name

l no han oído hablar de esto, pero un hombre ha tenido un problema con su dirección de rack, se ha cambiado más de 3 veces. Audi tomó finalmente el coche de vuelta.
lm seguro que alguien le dará más información.​

hola el rack a que se refiere?. Digamos, en español como se llamara el estante de manejo. No se que es eso me puedes ayudar?
Muchas gracias nuevamente.

Translation.

hello rack referred to? Say, in Spanish known as the shelf management.Not that I can help?

posiblemente no es la misma razón que tú.
por lo que el ruido es de la rueda derecha?
no conseguir el sonido más fuerte cuando el frenado. no conseguir el sonido más fuerte cuando se va más rápido?
como el coche es nuevo Audi debe resolver este problema.
se puede poner aquí un clip de sonido​

DC - goood effort mate 10/10 :)

Awaissman - As DC has brought to your attention, there have been issues with the Audi S3 steering Rack assembly. Several people ahve suffered from groaning and creaking noises. A handful have suffered from something altogether more serious and closer to what you describe. Metal on metal knocking and scraping.
It's not normal and should be repaired under warranty by your dealer.

Hopefully this translates ok.

Good luck

Pues la C.C. ha traído a su atención, ha habido ediciones con el montaje de estante del manejo de Audi S3. Varias personas han sufrido de ruidos que gemían y de crujidos. Un puñado ha sufrido algo en conjunto más serio y más cercano a lo que usted describe. Metal en el metal que golpea y que raspa. It' el normal de s no y se debe reparar bajo garantía por su distribuidor autorizado.

Nope, speak 6 languages. l used to be a translator in the army.

el rack o estante de manejo es lo que se dice en español: caja de direccion?, esta es la duda que tengo. A ver si alguien me lo traduce. Muchas gracias.

si el ruido es en la rueda derecha y lo hace si voy lento o rapido igual pero solo cuando paso por algun pozo muy chico o alguna imperfeccion en la calle. No cuando paso un lomo de burro ni cuando paso una cuneta, solo en algunas imperfecciones del piso pero ahi en el sector de la rueda delantera derecha.Lo extraño es que me compre el S3 en marzo que tenia este problema y despues de dos meses buscando el ruido y cambiando amortiguadores y caja de direccion exigi un auto nuevo y me lo dieron hace una semana pero cuando me subo me doy cuenta que este S3 tiene exactamente el mismo ruido que el que devolvi. Ya no se que hacer!

el rack o estante de manejo es lo que se dice en español: caja de direccion?, esta es la duda que tengo. A ver si alguien me lo traduce. Muchas gracias.

the rack or shelf management is what is said in Spanish: steering box,
this is the question that I have. See if someone translates.​

si el ruido es en la rueda derecha y lo hace si voy lento o rapido igual pero solo cuando paso por algun pozo muy chico o alguna imperfeccion en la calle. No cuando paso un lomo de burro ni cuando paso una cuneta, solo en algunas imperfecciones del piso pero ahi en el sector de la rueda delantera derecha.Lo extraño es que me compre el S3 en marzo que tenia este problema y despues de dos meses buscando el ruido y cambiando amortiguadores y caja de direccion exigi un auto nuevo y me lo dieron hace una semana pero cuando me subo me doy cuenta que este S3 tiene exactamente el mismo ruido que el que devolvi. Ya no se que hacer!

if the noise is the wheel and makes it right if I go slow or as fast but only when passing through some very small hole or imperfection in the road.

Not one step back when donkey nor a step behind when, only a few imperfections in the floor but there in the area of the right front wheel.

The strange thing is that I bought in March that the S3 had this problem and after two months looking for the noise and changing shock absorbers,

steering box and demanded a new car and gave me a week ago but when I upload this I realize that S3 has the exact same noise as that returned.

No longer do that!

You have mention imperfections in the floor before. What are these. l was thinking shocks, as l get a noise as well but realise that is what it is.
Only joking when l say this, but you really shouldnt need a donkey with your S3.:scared2:

Tiene mencionar las imperfecciones de la palabra antes. Cuáles son estos?
l estaba pensando choques, como l obtener un ruido como bien, pero darnos cuenta de que es lo que es.​

no entendi lo que me preguntas ni decis del todo
Basicamente cuando la calle esta con algun pozo chico o alguna irregularidad el cual logra estirar y retraer los amortiguadores. Es un golpe seco por eso digo que cuando hay un baden por ejemplo no lo hace, solo en irregularidades pequeñas del camino
gracias

Translation.
not understanding what you ask me or any critical.
Basically when the street is well with some guy or some irregularity which achieves stretching and retracting springs.
It is a blow dry so I say that when there is a baden eg it does not, only minor irregularities in the road
thanks

What l feel is that your hearing a noise from the springs or dampeners. l actually hear a noise from my right side as well when driving slow over a bump.

l Qué se siente es que su audiencia un ruido procedente de los manantiales o dampeners.
l oír un ruido de mi lado derecho y en la conducción lenta en un bache.​

Escribo para contar que solucione el ruido insoportable y para contarles que era por si a alguno le ocurre lo mismo. El problema estaba en la pata de motor delantera derecha. Cambiaron la pata del motor y el ruido no esta mas. Lo que si les cuento es que al poner una pata de motor nueva se dieron cuenta que esta nueva tenia un refuerzo de goma en un sector que la otra no lo tenia, solo era chapa en ese sector.
Gracias a todos y espero le sirva esto a alguien tambien que padezca lo mismo.

Translation.
Writing to resolve the unbearable noise and to tell if it was for him a true one.
The problem was in the engine right front leg.
They changed the engine and the leg is no more noise.
What if I tell them is that by putting a new motor leg realized that this was a reinforcement of rubber in a sector that the other had not, it was only sheet in this sector.
Thank you all and hope this will prove to someone that also suffers from the same.

Well looks like we got another satisfied customer. Glad to be of help
awaissmann, enjoy your motor.

Bueno parece que tenemos otro cliente satisfecho. Encantados de ser de ayuda
awaissmann, disfrutar de su motor.​

Well done to those that assisted the OP in Argentina.

Its quite a difficult thread to read/understand but, in summary was the problem and engine mounting or shocker? I'm guessing one of those was the right engine leg? Or was it something else?