Bucket Seats - Retro Purchase ?

Spin140

Reaction score
Anyone know if these can be purchased officially from anywhere and if so approx cost, been looking for a set for ages now.

I know Recaro CS are a pretty close match but not sure if I would lose heated seats function, not that I use it but I'm a bit OCD and everything has to work.

Spin

Would be very expensive. But if money was no object you could do it. Better off checking out eBay as they come up on there occasionally

Spin you can buy them off ebay brand new.
Here the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280336547273

You will need a specific Recaro baseframe to fit these seats into your vehicle. The price of a pair of baseframes is an extra £300 and you ahve to say if you want airbags or not.
If you want a bit more information email any of the following two guys there prices will be different or probably more than the ebay link. Different companys
Jamie Southam (jamie@crossroadsgarage.co.uk)
Joe Beales (e-commerce@capitalseating.co.uk)

Hope that helps

Ashley

They were once priced up at £2k EACH to buy from Audi. You can't buy them direct from Recaro either.

ebay is the best way.

Spin there has been plenty of them in the last few months. I have actually come to the decision this week that I deffo want a set now. They go between £1000-£1500 on ebay/edition38 forum. How much you looking to spend, I'm pretty sure all audi buckets are heated. I am gonna purchase some this winter I think, got too many unfinished mods on at the moment.

Now I know you want a set, soon as I see/know of a set that is for sale, I'll give ya a pm!

i can hardly live with myself for not gettin the recaros... would have much rather had them than the sat nav! :crying:

Will they have the tilt for rear seat access ? unless they came from a cabrio, maybe thats why he is selling.

They are expensive though and would you want RS4 embossed in a A/S3

Mark

"Achtung nicht klappbar" - Not hinged, so I guess you are right. The Kinder must have complaining about getting in through the boot.

If i were you Spin, i would go for new seats like Recaro CS.They look very classy.Here you can see them retro fitted in an new Scirocco.Dont mind the text under Recaro,its option

untitled2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

I'll have the rocco thanks, seats are not well made, check the creases, not I can do better but pro's should be better than that.

Some VAG seats just cant cope, just look at this edition 30 which has 12k on it!
%21%21qbQ0qQCG0%7E$%28KGrHgoOKkQEjlLmTodMBKN8EhBFfQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

Whoever bought those seats in 1st place was completely blind, ugly as feck, seriously man, may I suggest specsavers, lol.

I think they are standard in the edition 30. There is an optional upgrade to the S3/RS4 buckets but they come in the same tartan cloth!

Why dont the s3 upgrade have the logo embossed into the headrest? We paid enough money for them.

Why dont the s3 upgrade have the logo embossed into the headrest? We paid enough money for them.

Cause us 8P owners like to be different cause we're special, lmao, but yes I agree why wernt they embossed, guess RS4 was considered the dogs so they wanted exclusivity huh.

Spin there has been plenty of them in the last few months. I have actually come to the decision this week that I deffo want a set now. They go between £1000-£1500 on ebay/edition38 forum. How much you looking to spend, I'm pretty sure all audi buckets are heated. I am gonna purchase some this winter I think, got too many unfinished mods on at the moment.

Now I know you want a set, soon as I see/know of a set that is for sale, I'll give ya a pm!

That would be great Nathan, let me know if you spot some. I'd prefer the OEM ones as not sure if the Recaro CS ones would allow for heated seating, I just think the buckets make the interior feel so much more special and sporting.

Once I have completed the following its pretty much where I want the car to be..

Sat Nav
Big Brakes
Buckets.

This one is staying put for minimum 2 years from now as I'm spending far too much money on cars plus the S3 offers pretty much everything I need from a car.

Thanks for all your help Guys..

Well my cousin's got CS's going in his TT and we're swapping the heating elements over! But i just prefer the OEMness of the RS4/TT/S3 buckets.