08 dual air controls to 04 a3

navnayyar

Reaction score
hi! does anyone know if the newer design 08 dual air control be a direct swap for the older style ir controls?

this is pic of new one:
08%20air%20control.jpg

It will physically fit if you have a double din cage, but i'd only be guessing that the wiring will be fine.

I will let you know next week when mine arrives, lol

They chnaged the setup for the climate control tail end of 07 so its not the same, but I'm hazarding a guess anyone with older style climate but has car newer than end of 07 would be able to just staright swap over given newer wiring.

The pre tail end of 07 has some wiring different with 4 wires less given a temp sensor is not used anymore aswell as 1 less motor, they have changed few parts, the most important ones to me to upgrade to the new version climate are 2 motors now made into one with a cam connection so the motor operates both at the same time, the V71 motor IIRC has been removed, so we are possibly looking at a new motor & intake housing that has the new cam part mechanism on I believe, my new motor arrives tomorrow for testing anyway, but its a £200 upgrade without the climate, but I want the newer climate so feck it gonna get it done.

I'll no doubt write a new thread up on this for all but just to update anyone interested, its not straight swap, I have other ideas but will test 1st.

I have a facelift climate for sale if anyone's interested btw.

Last edited:
Sorry to reserrect an oldish thread, but did you ever finish this? I am looking to do this into my 2005 TDi S-Line. Is it possible?

Cheers,
Joe

I think you would have to change the fronts over.

I changed my 2005 unit to a 2007 unit and it did not fully work. In the end i took it apart and swapped the gubbins.

na mate i never did it, reading from what NHN said, i thought its not really worth it