Remap a new S3 straight away?

ferris

Reaction score
New S3 arriving sometime next week to 10 days. Should i get it remapped (thinking GIAC) straight away or run it in for 1000 miles and then get it done?

Its a personal thing really. My own opinion is to run it for a few thousand miles first as the car will loosen up and run nicer with a bit of mileage on it. Then when its loosened up get it mapped. If your only keeping it a short while though get it mapped and dont worry about it.

Got my GIAC put on at 399 miles, not a problem at all, you can still follow your usual run in procedure regardless of mileage, why wait drive the car you want from day one.

I'd make sure there is nothing wrong with the car first..... But once you're sure get it done!

Its a personal thing really. My own opinion is to run it for a few thousand miles first as the car will loosen up and run nicer with a bit of mileage on it. Then when its loosened up get it mapped. If your only keeping it a short while though get it mapped and dont worry about it.

dandle waht do you wreckon about me getting a revo do you think the cluch will handle it im thinking of turbo back exaust , forge air filter and remap should improve the torque do you think ....

dandle waht do you wreckon about me getting a revo do you think the cluch will handle it im thinking of turbo back exaust , forge air filter and remap should improve the torque do you think ....

Yeah i cant see a problem with a remap on your car at all, it'll give it a nice boost in power. Might be worth doing the exhaust first though unless you get it all done at the same time. It was a good engine a didnt use any oil at all from when it was new.

Does the Millitek exhaust give it more power too or just a nicer sound?
If it does make a difference, how much extra BHP asuming GIAC or Revo already done?

All the answers can be found using the search function with the main benefit being you gain lots of info on the way.

But...general opinion is at the very least a new Down pipe is required which will unleash some extra power due to its less restrictive design. A whole system sounds a little louder than standard but not a great deal as is the intention of Milltek, but i would go with the map then add the other items as you go, the GIAC software and your ECU will adapt.

Enjoy the new car :)

I think most of the time you're ok getting it remapped from the beginning, the only problem would be if the car developed a fault you've no idea whether the map may be causing it or whether its a real fault with the car.

I ram mine for 10000miles then got it remapped, that way I knew it didnt have any obvious problems like misfires, so when I did get it mapped, and it started to misfire I could blame it squarely on the map (which was resolved by revo pretty quickly)