Pics of slammed A3's?

Scott

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have a pic of their A3 slammed on coilovers?

Looking to go between 50-65mm down on Weitec's and would appreciate some pics.

Thanks,
Scott

On what size of wheels?

On 19's you will go no lower than really 45-55mm

18's 50-60mm

Depends also on tyre size

Mine: 19" FK Coilovers lowered 40-45mm 235/35/19 tyres

DSC00109.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

American A3

4-1.jpg

DSC_0687.jpg

Main land europe:

A3onSportecs5.jpg

very nice car mate, was just going get lowing springs because dont want to slam it will that be ok ??

audi pricey this is mine on 35 mill h&r springs its not 2 harsh and sits pretty ok

this is on sline with 18s

Photo0618.jpg

and 19s on springs

2.jpg

Thanks - has anyone got their car on 50mm springs? Interested in lowering around that, maybe 65mm would be too much.

with you audi 2.0tdi sport are they lowered as standard

thats nice simon what wheels are they and what you on springs or coils ...

here's mine on KW coilovers wound down to the limit.

also got 10mm spacers on the back

coilover1.jpg

coilover4.jpg

coilover2.jpg

coilover3.jpg

coilover5.jpg

coilover6.jpg

coilover7.jpg

coilover9.jpg

coilover8.jpg

Not sure on exactly how much of a gap there is but this is the front:

Cheers, and I'm assuming you still have no probs with scraping in car parks/speed bumps? I want to go down 65mm, but I've heard people who are down 50mm have probs - could be bad trying to get into car park at work down 65mm..... if I'm right in thinking S Line suspension is -30mm, so an extra 35mm should be fine...

On what size of wheels?

On 19's you will go no lower than really 45-55mm

18's 50-60mm

Depends also on tyre size

Mine: 19" FK Coilovers lowered 40-45mm 235/35/19 tyres

DSC00109.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

I keep looking at this and you've gotta be down more than 40-45mm, unless that's 40mm down from S Line, so 70-75mm in total?

i dont have any problems with rubbing, catching speed bumps etc. it didnt even rub when i filled my boot full of crap from B&Q and i drove round like this for about a week!;

3636413607_2c051ed1cb_b.jpg

got some new rims have to go to birmingham on friday to collect them then go get some tyres fitted to them .

also got my hybrid turbo to fit sometime this weekend , then a new remap for the increase in boost

i dont have any problems with rubbing, catching speed bumps etc. it didnt even rub when i filled my boot full of crap from B&Q and i drove round like this for about a week!;

Haha - nice. Would be interested to know if anyone down 50-65mm from standard has any probs. Also would like to know the gap between arch and wheel down 50 and 65mm. Thanks!

I dunno know if you'll call this "slammed on 19's" but anyway; this is my old car lowered appr. 50mm with 19" ET47...

290408c.jpg

HPIM3420.jpg

Til8Ptrd3.jpg

When I bought my A3 from MarriedBlonde he had the 50mm (from std base A3 height) Eibach Sportsline springs fitted. I did have problems with it rubbing at the rear with anyone sat in the back, it would also do it with only me in the car if there was a dip at MWay speeds.

I raised mine on the Eibach ProSprings (30mm drop from std base A3 height) and although it did look better on the lower springs - I haven't ever had an issues with rubbing, speed ramps or Multi-Storey car park ramps.

Paul

When I bought my A3 from MarriedBlonde he had the 50mm (from std base A3 height) Eibach Sportsline springs fitted. I did have problems with it rubbing at the rear with anyone sat in the back, it would also do it with only me in the car if there was a dip at MWay speeds.

I raised mine on the Eibach ProSprings (30mm drop from std base A3 height) and although it did look better on the lower springs - I haven't ever had an issues with rubbing, speed ramps or Multi-Storey car park ramps.

Paul

Oh really - is that around standard S Line height? Means I can't really go much lower than now... Thanks.

Oh really - is that around standard S Line height? Means I can't really go much lower than now... Thanks.
No it is lower than the S-Line height, I think the S-Line is 12mm lower than a std A3, which makes mine 18mm lower than std S-Line height.

Paul

Here's a couple of pics of mine lowered on V-Maxx coilovers:

a3_1.jpg

a3_2.jpg

a3_3.jpg

The best way to find out how low you are from factory ride height is measuring the distance from wheel centre to bottom of arch. Mine is 320mm all round, which is approx 65mm from factory Audi height.

How about the center caps? do the originals fit or can you gets the Audi ones to fit? :think:

Lambo replicas, 19 inch i would assume, Available on ebay for £450 a set without tyres. I know someone who can get you a set if you want?

Boys, what advantages are there to having your car lower apart from aesthetics (looks)? What cost is involved approx? ;)

Looks good v6 Pete.

I hope to have some pics of my misses's next week once the coilovers are fitted.
I'm waiting to see N8KOW'S on here, i want to see how well his rs4 reps look,and cutting your springs in half can't be safe,but it will look low :lmfao:

How about the center caps? do the originals fit or can you gets the Audi ones to fit? :think:

Don't know if OE Audi center caps will fit? I bought the Hartmann replicas (German) from ACHtuning in the US of A. http://shop.achtuning.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1246

SUPERIOR quality compared to the ****** eBay Lambo rep's. ET 47 so thats perfect considering the width of 8 inches. Came with their own center caps and Audi stickers but I had some Lambo caps costum made from a guy in Greece...

Even on sale now...

spring chop FTW. KW??? WEITEC? Get lost! Ya must be mad.