Sorry - Another Ques Re RNS-E

Leenx

Reaction score
I've gone down the route of listening to my MP3 tracks via the SD card slots. Now am I going mad or not - I am sure there was an option to play 'Playlists' but I've scanned the manual and spent a good deal of time trying to find this option without joy! So question is can you? (i.e. Recently added, played, etc)

Cheers all.

You can play them.

What you will have to do is create the playlist in a m3u format, and then put these files in root of the memory card.

Make sure the music files are linked from the memory card and not the hard drive on your computer.

You can play them.

What you will have to do is create the playlist in a m3u format, and then put these files in root of the memory card.

Make sure the music files are linked from the memory card and not the hard drive on your computer.

****! Way beyond my head mate - How would I do that if you don't mind explaining:faint:

Thanks

lol, put the memory card in your computer, use a program (winamp etc..) and add the songs from your memory card to winamp playlist.
Then all you do is save this playlist at the root of the memory card.

It should be easy.

Or you can do what I did, just put the music you like in certain folders (eg. Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop etc)

Ah ok - well just putting them into folders would be fine for me - so I just create new folders in the memory card and just drag songs from either the memory cards existing track lists or from My downloads laptop? Shame you can't just cant do this from ITunes!

Ok...

1) open itunes!
2) Go to your playlists/songs
3) Open the memory card folder
4) Drag the songs from itunes to the required folder on the memory card
5) Insert into RNS-E and ENJOY!

:)

Ok...

1) open itunes!
2) Go to your playlists/songs
3) Open the memory card folder
4) Drag the songs from itunes to the required folder on the memory card
5) Insert into RNS-E and ENJOY!

:)

You are a legend! Deeply grateful! :yahoo:

Let us know how you get on, and remember the RNS-E will read the file names from the id3 tag, not the file name as you would see on windows!

Let us know how you get on, and remember the RNS-E will read the file names from the id3 tag, not the file name as you would see on windows!

Yikes!!!:ohmy: you've lost me again LOL! Ok think I know what you mean - will let you know tomorrow!

I also wanted to create playlists on the RNS-E and actually produced an application to handle this - go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/rnse-mp3-mgr/ to download. It only works with external USB SD card readers (Windows temporary drives) but does CD ripping, naming and transfers your sounds as playlists on to the card.

This isn't a shameless plug - I haven't supported the application for two years and there are bugs in it - but it seems to work for most Windows users. If you do give it a go, please PM me with any feedback as others have done!

I also wanted to create playlists on the RNS-E and actually produced an application to handle this - go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/rnse-mp3-mgr/ to download. It only works with external USB SD card readers (Windows temporary drives) but does CD ripping, naming and transfers your sounds as playlists on to the card.

This isn't a shameless plug - I haven't supported the application for two years and there are bugs in it - but it seems to work for most Windows users. If you do give it a go, please PM me with any feedback as others have done!

Just out of interest, how does the RNS-e read the SD Card Slots ?? Do the act as "mapped drives" cos when you view an m3u file in notepad, is has references to the drive that the mp3's are stored on locally on your machine ??

Try oddgravity playlist creator 3.6 nice bit of free software

Just out of interest, how does the RNS-e read the SD Card Slots ?? Do the act as "mapped drives" cos when you view an m3u file in notepad, is has references to the drive that the mp3's are stored on locally on your machine ??
If you look carefully, you'll see that they are actually relative links, which means it has the folder name but no drive reference. This way the RNS-E can find the tracks, but Windows will as well if you double-click the M3U file.

I'd really love to get back into the app and make improvements as I think it has more potential - if only because I've seen so many threads like this asking how its done - but I haven't really got the time!