EM TuningSky Insurance
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146

    Sorry - Another Ques Re RNS-E

    I've gone down the route of listening to my MP3 tracks via the SD card slots. Now am I going mad or not - I am sure there was an option to play 'Playlists' but I've scanned the manual and spent a good deal of time trying to find this option without joy! So question is can you? (i.e. Recently added, played, etc)

    Cheers all.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    You can play them.

    What you will have to do is create the playlist in a m3u format, and then put these files in root of the memory card.

    Make sure the music files are linked from the memory card and not the hard drive on your computer.
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sagad View Post
    You can play them.

    What you will have to do is create the playlist in a m3u format, and then put these files in root of the memory card.

    Make sure the music files are linked from the memory card and not the hard drive on your computer.
    FCUK! Way beyond my head mate - How would I do that if you don't mind explaining

    Thanks

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    lol, put the memory card in your computer, use a program (winamp etc..) and add the songs from your memory card to winamp playlist.
    Then all you do is save this playlist at the root of the memory card.

    It should be easy.

    Or you can do what I did, just put the music you like in certain folders (eg. Rap, Hip-Hop, Pop etc)
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146
    Ah ok - well just putting them into folders would be fine for me - so I just create new folders in the memory card and just drag songs from either the memory cards existing track lists or from My downloads laptop? Shame you can't just cant do this from ITunes!

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    Ok...

    1) open itunes!
    2) Go to your playlists/songs
    3) Open the memory card folder
    4) Drag the songs from itunes to the required folder on the memory card
    5) Insert into RNS-E and ENJOY!

    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sagad View Post
    Ok...

    1) open itunes!
    2) Go to your playlists/songs
    3) Open the memory card folder
    4) Drag the songs from itunes to the required folder on the memory card
    5) Insert into RNS-E and ENJOY!

    You are a legend! Deeply grateful!

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    Not a problem mate, just make sure you are using windows and not Mac!
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sagad View Post
    Not a problem mate, just make sure you are using windows and not Mac!
    Yep Windows - Wouldn't even know where to start with a MAC LOL

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    Let us know how you get on, and remember the RNS-E will read the file names from the id3 tag, not the file name as you would see on windows!
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sagad View Post
    Let us know how you get on, and remember the RNS-E will read the file names from the id3 tag, not the file name as you would see on windows!
    Yikes!!! you've lost me again LOL! Ok think I know what you mean - will let you know tomorrow!

  13. #12
    benw123's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,863
    I also wanted to create playlists on the RNS-E and actually produced an application to handle this - go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/rnse-mp3-mgr/ to download. It only works with external USB SD card readers (Windows temporary drives) but does CD ripping, naming and transfers your sounds as playlists on to the card.

    This isn't a shameless plug - I haven't supported the application for two years and there are bugs in it - but it seems to work for most Windows users. If you do give it a go, please PM me with any feedback as others have done!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

  14. #13
    sc00byd00byd00's Avatar
    Frank and Beans...............

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middlewich, Cheshire
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123 View Post
    I also wanted to create playlists on the RNS-E and actually produced an application to handle this - go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/rnse-mp3-mgr/ to download. It only works with external USB SD card readers (Windows temporary drives) but does CD ripping, naming and transfers your sounds as playlists on to the card.

    This isn't a shameless plug - I haven't supported the application for two years and there are bugs in it - but it seems to work for most Windows users. If you do give it a go, please PM me with any feedback as others have done!
    Just out of interest, how does the RNS-e read the SD Card Slots ?? Do the act as "mapped drives" cos when you view an m3u file in notepad, is has references to the drive that the mp3's are stored on locally on your machine ??

  15. #14
    mitch78's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    noun: a particular place or position
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sagad View Post
    Not a problem mate, just make sure you are using windows and not Mac!
    Why? That method works fine for me on a mac.
    Ex 8L S3 driver

    also A3, 320, Golf, Clio, Astra, Focus, Mondeo, Laguna, Escort, Calibra, 220, others and now back to a Focus...

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    Why? That method works fine for me on a mac.
    I was explaining to him to use windows as it would be easier for him, as you can tell from his posts, he's not to sure about the memory cards lol
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

  17. #16
    royjk's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    167
    Try oddgravity playlist creator 3.6 nice bit of free software
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

  18. #17
    benw123's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00byd00byd00 View Post
    Just out of interest, how does the RNS-e read the SD Card Slots ?? Do the act as "mapped drives" cos when you view an m3u file in notepad, is has references to the drive that the mp3's are stored on locally on your machine ??
    If you look carefully, you'll see that they are actually relative links, which means it has the folder name but no drive reference. This way the RNS-E can find the tracks, but Windows will as well if you double-click the M3U file.

    I'd really love to get back into the app and make improvements as I think it has more potential - if only because I've seen so many threads like this asking how its done - but I haven't really got the time!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO