RE-SET DSG MEMORY (IS IT POSSIBLE)

RGC

Keep on rollin
Reaction score
As per title, is it possible to reset the DSG memory as to re-learn it to a new driving style?

I'm pretty certain that the re-calibaration is NOT what you asked for. -You asked about clearing the 'driver habit' learned part of the transmission. -Be Warned.

The DSG calibration (so far as I recall) is about setting things like the "Bite points" (takeup points) of the clutches etc.

Keith

I'm pretty certain that the re-calibaration is NOT what you asked for. -You asked about clearing the 'driver habit' learned part of the transmission. -Be Warned.

The DSG calibration (so far as I recall) is about setting things like the "Bite points" (takeup points) of the clutches etc.

Keith

maybe yes, is it possible to clear this?

Let me explain this to you again if you perform all of the steps from the ross teck site the DSG will load the "factory defaults" and will re-calibrate it's values with the ones that are currenly given by it's mecatronics sensors.
f you have any other questions let me know.

best regards,
ANdi

Let me explain this to you again if you perform all of the steps from the ross teck site the DSG will load the "factory defaults" and will re-calibrate it's values with the ones that are currenly given by it's mecatronics sensors.
f you have any other questions let me know.

best regards,
ANdi

OK i am not sure how to follow the steps from the Ross tech as it seems mumbo jumbo, i have the full licensed vag-com, how do i do it, just go down the list or just go strait to reset?

Mate please perform all of the steps from the ross tech page in the prescribed order, DON'T jump any of these steps. Also it is wise to perform
Defined Test Drive

Mate please perform all of the steps from the ross tech page in the prescribed order, DON'T jump any of these steps. Also it is wise to perform
Defined Test Drive

when it shows

Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]

what does this want me to do? click on and off and next ????

???? wtf

RGC, click ON and then wait for the adaption, do this for all of the modules mentioned on the ross tech page.

RGC, click ON and then wait for the adaption, do this for all of the modules mentioned on the ross tech page.

Right, i will do this, first i will go for a drive to get the car up to temperature.

RGC when you did the adaption for the first module did you hear a strange noise coming from the dsg box? If you did relax it's perfectly OK :).

BTW: glad that helped you the post ;)

RGC when you did the adaption for the first module did you hear a strange noise coming from the dsg box? If you did relax it's perfectly OK :).

BTW: glad that helped you the post ;)

yw influxsg, :salute:

yes a couple of loud clunks, i had already read this would happen on another post, I thought some one was knocking on my window at first :arco:

I had Audi do the following for me back in Feb:

"Carried out re set of learned values and carried out basic settings for clutches and gear actuator"

What are you hoping to achieve with your reset?

I was trying to improve the responsiveness and smoothness of the ride but I can't say it made any difference for me.

Yeah i have the DSG box, what is this reset meant to do?

Does the box adapt to driving styles or something?

I have a question how did you find the Control Module Software Version?

many thanks

I had Audi do the following for me back in Feb:

"Carried out re set of learned values and carried out basic settings for clutches and gear actuator"

What are you hoping to achieve with your reset?

I was trying to improve the responsiveness and smoothness of the ride but I can't say it made any difference for me.

i was having problems with the dsg box wanting to change gear from 2nd to 3rd and then deciding not to resulting in a blip of no power, it was like i was letting off the accelerator for a split second, this only happened if i was only lightly accelerating, it was not affected when i was heavy accelerating.

i have also noticed since the recalibration the gearbox does not tend to race through the gears when driving slow, it seems to be working allot better than it did before the re-cal,

hope this helps

Richy

I did this re-calibrating but at the final two modules:
Reset Values (Steering Wheel Paddle Installation)

Group 063
and
Reset Values (ESP & Tip Cruise Control Installation)

Group 069

Only the OFF value appeared it never changed to ON, is this OK?

Many thanks,
ANdi

I did this re-calibrating but at the final two modules:
Reset Values (Steering Wheel Paddle Installation)

Group 063
and
Reset Values (ESP & Tip Cruise Control Installation)

Group 069

Only the OFF value appeared it never changed to ON, is this OK?

Many thanks,
ANdi

I don't have the cruise installed so that module was not active but
as long as you don't get any fault codes which wont clear your OK,

Richy

Cool RGC thank you, by the way did you feel something different after you reset the dsg, i mean the driving experience.

Cool RGC thank you, by the way did you feel something different after you reset the dsg, i mean the driving experience.

yes the dsg box seems different, it does not try to get to 6th as fast as it normally would, it tends to sit longer in 4th which is great because the power is there when i want it, ;)

yes the dsg box seems different, it does not try to get to 6th as fast as it normally would, it tends to sit longer in 4th which is great because the power is there when i want it, ;)

Glad it improved things for you. I have the opposite problem to you - mine changes down gear too quick into 3rd and 2nd resulting in some nasty engine braking. It's equivalent to applying the brakes too hard and being lunged forward.

Audi checked it and they seem to think this is normal but I disagree and it's going back to Audi again. I can also sometimes hear a clunk when the clutch disengages when braking.
Not sure if that is normal :uhm:

Glad it improved things for you. I have the opposite problem to you - mine changes down gear too quick into 3rd and 2nd resulting in some nasty engine braking. It's equivalent to applying the brakes too hard and being lunged forward.

Audi checked it and they seem to think this is normal but I disagree and it's going back to Audi again. I can also sometimes hear a clunk when the clutch disengages when braking.
Not sure if that is normal :uhm:

no thats not normal, you should not hear any clunks what so ever, it should have smooth and quiet gear change (up and down), all tho the clunks could be a result of the malfunction.

It sounds like there could be a speed sensing problem, your DSG box may think its travailing at a slower speed than it is resulting in early down shifts.