What Colour do I go? Black, Anthracite or Silver?

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
I have to get my wheels redone, the car is booked in for the 22nd of June to have all 4 redone because they are all ******. I was going to go anthracite but after photoshopping the car I am having second thoughts and swaying toward matt black. Let me know what you think:

Silver:

Anthracite:

Black:

Let me know!

TIA
Joe

Not sure if I'm a minority in this view but the silver look the best because of the contrast they give. Maybe its more the wheel you want to change?

In them wheels silver but if you change the type of wheels maybe able to change colour and still look good

I think different wheels in either anthracite or would like to see RS4's in matt black, maybe you could do a photoshp and post up

I don't really want to change the wheels if I can help it. If I had the money I would go for BBS CH's in black they are the nuts.

I'm trying to avoid the standard look without going too nuts. Thought if the wheels need to be done might as well change the colour of them... I like the black but I know what you all mean about contrast.

I think the black looks good though because it doesnt contrast makes the car look meaner if that makes sense.

Yeah i love dark rims on dark cars, but i think on a silver (ish) car black wouldn't suit. Pure white with black looks great, but i don't think Akoya silver will go

true, but I dont think silver suits the car either lol its such a hard colour to contrast well... at least the black matches the b pillars etc.

Still undecided.

Yeah i don't think its a bad choice at all, i would love matt black rims as was debating myself. I think if the b pillar was the same tone of black as the wheels it would look good.

What about black wheels and have the edges polished, would give a slighter better contrast?

the black for sure !!! nice touch with the matt very sexy its the biggest contrast too i think the silver and anthracite juet look too standard

Id go for anthracite mate, heres a photoshop i did of mine, in the end i went for BBS CK's. Silver looks to standard, black looks to dark. Only my opinion

RS6anthangle.jpg

What colour is your grill? If your grill is silver I'd stick with the silver, if it's black then I'd go with black.... There's nothing else that's anthracite on your car from what I can see so I think this will look weird. Looks at matts oic above and imagine that with matt/ satin black wheels :yes:

Personally I think the black is the way forward! A little vinyl wrap for your grill surround and happy days :rock:

very nice matt i cant wait to get my optics grill on, but deffo black if i had the grill on that car too, i love anthracite mine are anthracite but on any other colour id go matt black and black grill :)

id go with the matt black it looks good with the rest of the black on the car ...

Get medium tints all round and subtle tint lamin x on your lights the car would look really nice all cheap mods that will transform the look of your car

I'd say go with silver, or if you are going antracite, try to use the colour code for the RS6 Plus wheels keeping it nice and OEM looking.

Yeah the audi code for the darker alloys is 8AU.

Done now, sorry Boys, had to go with my gut, wanted black wheels for so long so it had to be done. They are finished in a Satin Matt effect which means they are slightly glossy but not too much. Powdercoated and four full refurbs cost me £300.00 new valves, and tyres refitted etc.

mg4588.jpg

Joe

^^^

Joe, did you take that pic in an eclipse? lol I can't make the wheels out, but then they do say the pron makes you go blind.

Hahahaha, had the same comment from about four people, it was getting dark so couldnt really help it. I will get one up with a flash.

Joe

Try this one:

mg4591.jpg

Colours are a little off though, but you can see the wheels clearer. I will get better pics of the whole car tomorrow if its sunny.

Joe

have to say like them in black, i have an ice silver s-line and im thinkin of gettin mine done in black.

TY Joe. I like 'em. :yes: Have you any plans on going full on stealth? Laminx and window tints?

I was considering the same for mine (akoya too) but now i've seen yours i'm not really liking them in black at all, sorry!

naw..... looks good mate get the windows done medium tint all round it will totally weigh it out and transform the look

is lamin x already on them lights or is it me if not subtle tint with the windows done it will look cool trust me ....

naw..... looks good mate get the windows done medium tint all round it will totally weigh it out and transform the look

is lamin x already on them lights or is it me if not subtle tint with the windows done it will look cool trust me ....

Agreed. You definately should to finish the look.

MARMITE MOD!!! :D

I'm having the windows tinted soon by my mate. Also want the front lights laminexed to protect them as well as tint them slightly becuase the factory Xenons arent cheap lol

I might tint the back lights but im not sure, I do like how she looks atm, but deffs needs windows tinting.

Joe

Post some pics when its all done... You could do the rear lights ,a guy called rabbit did his s3 rear lights in subtle ,looks nice....

Just try the rears to if you dont like you can always rip it off...:o.k:
I think when its all done it will defo finish it off it will look nice mate dont go to dark with the window's though it will look cheap ...

Go for medium tint you can still see in with it i had all my windows done except the front ive not had a pull yet the front window lets the light in you can see the driver and passenger and the car gets darker as you move to the back looks much better than dark rears and light fronts.....

i don't think the rs6's can pull off being black, maybe like a titanium colour, something just slightly darker than silver, but the spokes are too big too be black, bbs ch or oz superlegerra (cant remember the exact name) look good in black because the spokes are thin and not so bold! i was thinking bout getting my rs6's done in a titanium colour because when car was dirty, from far away the alloys looked really nice, made the car look that bit meaner.