Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Speed doesn't Kill!

Status

What Colour do I go? Black, Anthracite or Silver?

I have to get my wheels redone, the car is booked in for the 22nd of June to have all 4 redone because they are all fooked. I was going to go anthracite but after photoshopping the car I am having second thoughts and swaying toward matt black. Let me know what you think:

Silver:

Anthracite:

Black:

Let me know!

TIA
    Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure if I'm a minority in this view but the silver look the best because of the contrast they give. Maybe its more the wheel you want to change?
    Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see!
    2008 a5 3.0TDi Quattro. And for when I wanna go fast.... Suzuki B-King (Hayabusa with no fairing, think 0-100 in 5.1 seconds!)

A3 2.0TDI 170bhp PhantomBlack

Status
    I choose Silver, does the bigger contrast!
    2007 Audi A3 | MB POWERED | ECS TAI | Eibach Pro-Kit | 6000k & Leds | Vag-Com Coded
    Custom DeCat Exhaust 2,5'' | Nitroplus | RNS-E w/2010 AN

1st Gear

Status
    In them wheels silver but if you change the type of wheels maybe able to change colour and still look good

Third Gear

Status
    Silver for me.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Status
    silver for me

2nd Gear

Status
    I think different wheels in either anthracite or would like to see RS4's in matt black, maybe you could do a photoshp and post up
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    I don't really want to change the wheels if I can help it. If I had the money I would go for BBS CH's in black they are the nuts.

I'm trying to avoid the standard look without going too nuts. Thought if the wheels need to be done might as well change the colour of them... I like the black but I know what you all mean about contrast.

I think the black looks good though because it doesnt contrast makes the car look meaner if that makes sense.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah i love dark rims on dark cars, but i think on a silver (ish) car black wouldn't suit. Pure white with black looks great, but i don't think Akoya silver will go
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    true, but I dont think silver suits the car either lol its such a hard colour to contrast well... at least the black matches the b pillars etc.

Still undecided.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah i don't think its a bad choice at all, i would love matt black rims as was debating myself. I think if the b pillar was the same tone of black as the wheels it would look good.

3rd Gear

Status
    What about black wheels and have the edges polished, would give a slighter better contrast?

Quattro

Status
    the black for sure !!! nice touch with the matt very sexy its the biggest contrast too i think the silver and anthracite juet look too standard

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

5th Gear

Status
    Id go for anthracite mate, heres a photoshop i did of mine, in the end i went for BBS CK's. Silver looks to standard, black looks to dark. Only my opinion

Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

Neutral

Status
    I'd go for the silver option, looks best...

5th Gear

Status
    What colour is your grill? If your grill is silver I'd stick with the silver, if it's black then I'd go with black.... There's nothing else that's anthracite on your car from what I can see so I think this will look weird. Looks at matts oic above and imagine that with matt/ satin black wheels

Personally I think the black is the way forward! A little vinyl wrap for your grill surround and happy days
    Last edited by ~RS~; 15th June 2009 at 10:01.

6th Gear

Status
    the 2nd one - Antharite :D
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Quattro

Status
    very nice matt i cant wait to get my optics grill on, but deffo black if i had the grill on that car too, i love anthracite mine are anthracite but on any other colour id go matt black and black grill

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    id go with the matt black it looks good with the rest of the black on the car ...

Get medium tints all round and subtle tint lamin x on your lights the car would look really nice all cheap mods that will transform the look of your car

1st Gear

Status
    I'd say go with silver, or if you are going antracite, try to use the colour code for the RS6 Plus wheels keeping it nice and OEM looking.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah the audi code for the darker alloys is 8AU.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Done now, sorry Boys, had to go with my gut, wanted black wheels for so long so it had to be done. They are finished in a Satin Matt effect which means they are slightly glossy but not too much. Powdercoated and four full refurbs cost me 300.00 new valves, and tyres refitted etc.

Joe

4th Gear

Status
    ^^^

Joe, did you take that pic in an eclipse? lol I can't make the wheels out, but then they do say the pron makes you go blind.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Hahahaha, had the same comment from about four people, it was getting dark so couldnt really help it. I will get one up with a flash.

Joe

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Try this one:

Colours are a little off though, but you can see the wheels clearer. I will get better pics of the whole car tomorrow if its sunny.

Joe

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    have to say like them in black, i have an ice silver s-line and im thinkin of gettin mine done in black.

4th Gear

Status
    TY Joe. I like 'em. Have you any plans on going full on stealth? Laminx and window tints?

6th Gear

Status
    I was considering the same for mine (akoya too) but now i've seen yours i'm not really liking them in black at all, sorry!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

2nd Gear

Status
    Silver looked better imo. :/
    S3 (8V) S-Tronic Estoril Blue; A3 2.0TFSI S-Line quattro, Dolphin Grey [sold]

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    naw..... looks good mate get the windows done medium tint all round it will totally weigh it out and transform the look

is lamin x already on them lights or is it me if not subtle tint with the windows done it will look cool trust me ....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    naw..... looks good mate get the windows done medium tint all round it will totally weigh it out and transform the look

is lamin x already on them lights or is it me if not subtle tint with the windows done it will look cool trust me ....
    Agreed. You definately should to finish the look.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    MARMITE MOD!!! :D

I'm having the windows tinted soon by my mate. Also want the front lights laminexed to protect them as well as tint them slightly becuase the factory Xenons arent cheap lol

I might tint the back lights but im not sure, I do like how she looks atm, but deffs needs windows tinting.

Joe

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    Post some pics when its all done... You could do the rear lights ,a guy called rabbit did his s3 rear lights in subtle ,looks nice....

Just try the rears to if you dont like you can always rip it off...
    I think when its all done it will defo finish it off it will look nice mate dont go to dark with the window's though it will look cheap ...

Go for medium tint you can still see in with it i had all my windows done except the front ive not had a pull yet the front window lets the light in you can see the driver and passenger and the car gets darker as you move to the back looks much better than dark rears and light fronts.....

3rd Gear

Status
    i don't think the rs6's can pull off being black, maybe like a titanium colour, something just slightly darker than silver, but the spokes are too big too be black, bbs ch or oz superlegerra (cant remember the exact name) look good in black because the spokes are thin and not so bold! i was thinking bout getting my rs6's done in a titanium colour because when car was dirty, from far away the alloys looked really nice, made the car look that bit meaner.

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Marmite mod!