Just bought a white 3.2 V6

markmakak

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here, but wanted to join up, say hi, and ask your opinion on something. I bought an A3 sportback yesterday and asked the guys to change the wheels for me. I just wanted to check - are there any other (factory) 18" wheels that would look better on a white car?

VehicleImage.axd

2q3x7ys.jpg

Also - the car has flappy padals but when setting off in 1st I noticed there is a lag before start to move. I got it on all the autos I tested, but wondered if there is a special technique that everyone uses to avoid this lag (other than booting it).

Annnnd finally... Audi offered to scotch guard the car (£400 ish iirc) - is it worth getting done? The seats are leather, but with a baby in the back there may be the odd spillage I guess.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome and congrats, nice looking car.

don't bother with the 400 Audi ripoff, get your self over to polishedbliss.com and have a look at what they have and do it yourself, they offered that to me, and I said no, a few days before pick-up the called me and offered it for 189, i still said no based on what I heard on here and other VAG forums. leather wipes clean easy

I know what you mean about the lag, I have the S3 so have a Turbo to contend with as well, there is a launch control press and hold the ESP OFF button for about 5 secs, then into S or M, foot on the brake (handbrake off) press the gas you will be limited to about 3200, then off the brake. I know you cannot perform this at every set of lights, but that is the quickest start (searh for DSG launch control on youtube), you will need to look into DSG software for any improvements (I am searching at the moment)

black wheels on a white car are a must for posing.
Welcome to the site Mark.

Very nice mate, I haven't seen many pre-facelift cars in Ibis white. Black mirrors and wheels are a must... The Panda look as I like to refer to it as, or if you wanna feel tougher, storm trooper! I'm jealous! 3.2 in a sportback must be fun:)

be different powder coar white some rs4s that would look nice

whiters4small.jpg

Good call! There is a white TT with white wheels near me and looks absolutely stunning!!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thanks too for the advice on the scotch guarding, and giving me the idea of making the door mirrors black for that storm trooper look. Think I might be getting them vinyled up once i collect the car.

Not sure about the white wheels though - it might look a little too white for me. If I had a red car i think it's look great though.