Bye Bye A3, Hello S3!

T88OMM

Reaction score
I replaced my GTI Edition 30 in January with an A3 2.0 TDI S-Line of this year due to problems at work. I had the car for around four months but could never come to like the thing even though I spent a fortune modding her :unsure: Here is a quick pic:

IMG_0073.jpg

A trip down to the Audi dealer last weekend for a test drive in a new S-Tronic S3 confirmed my suspicions that I needed a KO4 turbo back in my life. The deal was done there and then and I picked her up yesterday.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

The car is preety standard apart from S-Tronic, rear tints and phone prep but its fine for me. Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Looks stunning mate. I have the same car and have been wondering if black alloys would suit Sprint Blue.Suspitions confirmed, they do! Would be nice with black mirror covers though. So what was the car, an ex demonstrator?

It was the sales managers car, it was only registered 3 weeks ago, it's just done 1000 miles. I am nowhere near patient enough to wait for a new build.:(

I was sceptical on the how the wheels would look but im really happy with them, just needs a drop now :idea:

lovely car, nice color (after ibis :whistle2:), and definitely nice combo with those wheels...enjoy it as much as you can :beerchug:

Needs the optics grille and black mirrors now to match the wheels and tints....very nice!

No folks, Im not lost, Just perving over the New S3 :drool:.
Veeerrry nice motor mate, Hopefully be joining you guys soon. Ive been waiting too long now for an S3...:beee:

Needs the optics grille and black mirrors now to match the wheels and tints....very nice!

mirrors maybe, but i think that chrome grille suits it better

im not being funny but thats a lovely colour and think the wheels are ruining it i would stick with silver mate much more glamourous that blue just dosent suit the murdered out look id sell them wheels you will neer enough get your money back and get 19 inch bbs ck pollished it would look a thousand times better and classy ....

BBS%20CK%20polished.jpg

I think the wheel suit it because of that silver ring around them :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Sprint Blue club :beerchug:

Cant fault you mate. You had three nice cars in a row. The 2.0tdi looks good. But your S3! My favourite colour and glad some one finally put black alloys on the a Sprint Blue i think it looks the business i'd also go with the black grill. Once again car looks amazing. Enjoy and get some more photos up please :)

thanks

Ashley

That's very nice mate, great colour! I have to agree with blazin on the wheels... unless you plan to switch mirrors to black, optics the grill and spray wheel lip black then the blue is just crying out for silver wheels...

In the sunlight that thing will look amazing! I'm not too fond of black mirrors on anything apart from Ibis white, even then the car looks like a Panda, Lol... getting flashbacks of Tropic Thunder & Ben Stiller.... I digress, excuse me... Oh yes, Ibis white and black mirrors very nice, your blue with black mirrors.... hmmm not too sure, but that's just my opinion mate... It's your car after all ;)

Great choice, and whatever you choose to wheel wise! (cough silver Ck's, cough, lol :))

Thanks for the comments guys, I am happy with the wheels, I was originally planning to have them done in silver or smoked chrome but I love them the way they are :yahoo:

I may have the mirrors vinyl wrapped gloss black, I think they stick out a bit the way they are. Thr grill is gonna stay how it is, I have promised myself I am not gonna spen too much on this car :keule:

I have a few other plans up my sleeve in the future but im gonna enjoy her the way she is at the mo :thumbsup:

If you wrap the mirrors then wrap the grill surround mate, will look better that way IMHO.

That's very nice mate, great colour! I have to agree with blazin on the wheels... unless you plan to switch mirrors to black and optics the grill & spray wheel lip black then the blue is just crying out for silver wheels...

In the sunlight that thing will just light up. I'm not to fond of black mirrors on anything apart from Ibis white, even then the car looks like a Panda, Lol... getting flashbacks of Tropic Thunder & Ben Stiller.... I digress, excuse me... Yes, Ibis white and black mirrors very nice, your blue with black mirrors.... hmmm not too sure, but that's just my opinion mate... It's your car after all ;)

Great choice, and whatever you chose to wheel wise! (cough Silver Ck's, cough :))

You either love or hate the wheels. I like them because they are a little different, you do not see many sprint blue S3's with darker wheels. Who knows I may decide to change them in the furture but for now they are staying :thumbsup:

I like that - I think it's the silver rim that helps divide up the all black look. The wheels definitely make it stand out from the crowd which isn't a bad thing.

Nice house too :icon_thumright:

i just think the wheels look a bit lost on sprint blue its a wicked colour that screams out and is a colour to be blinged up not toned down ....

2053414336_bac226d4ec.jpg

IMG_6277-1.jpg

DSCF0783.jpg

DSCF0780.jpg

or what about titanium looks the nuts to

I14956.jpg

but on black i just think its to much ...i think it kills the colour sprint blue it for chrome grill wheels etc take a look at this it looks dead

eda70c20740d660da2449bfd6fe14acc.jpg

and im just giving my opinion im not being a cnut im not like that..... love the car though its very nice tom ...lovely colour

Gets a big thumbs up from me (SB FTW) and the rims look great. It is nice to see the dark rims on that colour - first for me.

After you have put it down, some pics of the interior pse? I would like to see the DSG set up in it. :salute:

i like the wheels and the black/blue combo but the silver ring spoils it, deffo go black optics grill but NO WAY would i move on the silver mirrors !!!!! its what stands an S3 out to an A3 on a passing road or behind u etc u see silver mirrors u know what it is immediatley :) im going Stealth all the way but not changing my 'S' mirrors for no1