GIAC - Fuel pump software - OEM S3

Whiteatom

Reaction score
I have owned my S3 for over a year now, I had GIAC Hammer map put on at Statller (Autorads), after 1k miles and now I wanted to go up a level but keep the car looking standard ie exhaust / intake. A quick call to Steve jnr at Statller , where I had the hammer put on advised me that Giac had got a map specific for an uprated fuel pump which would work without an exhaust or intake. Next step was to get an uprated fuel pump. Steve advised on the auto tech fuel pump internals. Many hours searching with no joy, no one had got any with weeks / months before new stock arriving. I ended up buying a new APR fuel pump from JKM Performace, in stock, next day del. The APR pump is more expensive but for me was the best option as I could fit myself and have the old pump to fit when I come to sell the car.

I fitted the new pump and went off for a test drive ! First impressions ? (Hammer map still on the car) The car felt smoother at lower rpm with less hesitation, and a little stronger higher up the rev range. Overall slight improvement but could not wait for the new map.

I booked the car in at Statller for the new map. Statller is a family business based in Sheffield which I cannot recommend highly enough. Excellent customer service, knowledge etc. Steve jnr and Craig do the work, always happy to chat and a cupper always offered !

Anyway back to the map, Steve plugged in my car and got to work ! The car was health checked before the new map was flashed on. During the wait Steve was keen to take me out in Craig`s Mk5 Edition 30. The last time I popped in it was running the Fuel pump software cw HPFP, TBE, CAI. Since then a new VF large bore intake had been fitted (which is quieter than the evoms fitted before) and GIAC extreme map. The car is said to be running 370+ BHP. Now the car is really quick ! So smooth with little lagg and a credit to demo Giac software.

Map now installed on my car off for a test drive. A quick lap round the block to warm up before giving it some. First impressions , really impressed ! Bare in mind that the car has standard exhaust / intake. Low revs the car feels like more urgent, it wants to go ! The turbo sounds more like its working , not coasting. Now at just under 3k rpm it pins you back in your seat more, which continues as you go up the rev range. The car feels keener, more driveable and feels faster. MPG has not really been affected , but you do tend to enjoy the new midrange power / torque more !

Overall I an very impressed with the new fuel specific map and would recommend to anyone. The major benefit for me is that the car is as fast / driveable as it can be whilst looks totally standard. The other benefit is that the new map will adapt if and when I decide to go for a exhaust / intake.

Big thanks to Steve Jnr / Craig at Statller

If this review interests you give him a call ! 0800 980 1062

Thanks

Matt

You are best to give Steve a ring for price , tell him you have read my review , I am sure he will sort you a good price out.

Apparantly GIAC have a few more agrresive maps now for cars running HPFP.

Im ordering a KMD pump and getting stattler to fit it and upgrade my software.

Yes GIAC have quite a few new maps for cars with HPFP , they do a extreme map for cars with the big VF intake , TBE etc which removes the torque limiters in 1st and 2nd gear !

Just goes to show my mod shop owner is a ****. Quote "nope dont know nothing about any other maps", but thats another story.:drag:

Agreed that it all depends on the dealer, Steve jnr at Statller is band upto date as has good relationship with Giac in US.