Main Beam on Facelift 09 A3

pns2007

Moonstone Grey
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm on their 09 A3 that to flash the main beam you pull the stalk towards you and to turn main beam on (with headlights) you push the stalk forward so that it clicks into place. I have just fitted a new stalk with cruise control and the main beam won't stay on (i.e. it doesn't click in the forward position).

Just want to be aware of my facts before I go back to the dealers later today. I have a 58 plate A3 convertible and it clicked on in the forward position before. I think the new stalk is broke.

Thanks in advance

95% sure you're right, but your question has put some doubt in my mind. I'm at work so can't check but this was definately the case on my old car and I'm sure the A3 is the same.

Can anyone confirm on their 09 A3 that to flash the main beam you pull the stalk towards you and to turn main beam on (with headlights) you push the stalk forward so that it clicks into place. I have just fitted a new stalk with cruise control and the main beam won't stay on (i.e. it doesn't click in the forward position).

Just want to be aware of my facts before I go back to the dealers later today. I have a 58 plate A3 convertible and it clicked on in the forward position before. I think the new stalk is broke.

Thanks in advance

Sounds about right :w00t:

Just got back from the dealers and they say that the part for the cruise control/main beam flasher is the correct part (8P0 953 513 F 9B9) according to their computer system.

They checked their available stock of cars and they don't have any A3's with cruise but they did have an A5 which has the same part number.

The A5's main beam worked by pushing the stalk forward but it didn't click in that position it returned and to go back to dipped beam it was pulled forward.

Now the parts guy is saying that it isn't coded properly to the car. Does anyone else have the facelift 09 model with cruise to verify this please.

Edit - Audi guy has just phoned me and said that he has been on to technical dept and they are saying that my chasis is very close to the change of switch. So they are ordering the older version for me to try. Before I take it all apart though it would be great to hear anyone opinions on the matter

I have facelift with cruise but not clear on what it is you'd like to know?

Thanks Igdos,

If you don't mind, push the main beam stalk forward. Does it click in position or is it sprung so that when you push it forward the main beam comes on and the stalk returns to its original position. You may need to have your engine on and the (dipped) headlights on full.

Thanks Igdos,

If you don't mind, push the main beam stalk forward. Does it click in position or is it sprung so that when you push it forward the main beam comes on and the stalk returns to its original position. You may need to have your engine on and the (dipped) headlights on full.

No problem - checked and it clicks into position.

Ah right! I recon I might have the wrong part then!!

Thanks very much

Thanks Igdos for your PM. I've phoned Audi this morning and your part number for the stalk is listed as 8P0 953 513 D 9B9 whereas mine is listed as an 'F'.

The parts guys have agreed to order a 'D' part for me to try so fingers crossed