RNSE Questions

London_jonny

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I finally took delivery of my MY09 audi A3 yesterday and I have a few questions about the navigation plus unit:

1) I have bluetooth phone prep and have downloaded my phonebook so that it shows all entries in the DIS. However my phonebook is not showing in the RNSE - how do i go about doing this?

2) With regards to speech commands I only appear to be able to give commands in relation to the phone book, how do I add commands for Navigation?

3) If i go in to car setup there are no options avaialble. Should there be anything in this section?

Unfortunately my RNSE had to be installed by the dealer instead of by the factory, so I want to check they installed everything correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the site.

If you go to the rns & phone section, then select the top left button around the large dial, this shows you the downloaded phone logs & phone book, calls received, made, missed etc etc, dont get confused with rns directory & actual handset phonebook, rns has option to store a car phonebook, never used it myself as to long winded.

Did you spec SDS when ordering the car?

The issues related to SDS are more than likely because it was dealer fitted & they havnt coded correctly & most likely rewired the microphone so it goes to the rns then onto the bluetooth module, so the mic is still connected solely to the bluetooth module thus only phone voice control, go back to dealer if SDS spec'd & tell them they need to rewire the mic as specified & code accordingly or you could get one of us to help you with this, but Audi (if they know what they're doing) would be free.

Car setup has nothing I consider relevant anyway, so wouldnt worry yourself.