My New A3 :-)

Dines

Ex-Corrado G60 Nut
Reaction score
Thought I'd say hi as I just got my new A3 :yes:

I've been looking for months, but could only find non-body-kit ones in the years/colour/spec I was going for.

It's a 2.0T Quattro S-Line with half leather, Bose, rear parking sensors and auto lights/wipers and I'm very, very pleased with it:

DINES001.jpg

DINES003.jpg

Wouldn't have gone for roof rails if I had the choice, but I understand you can get black ones, so that's on the list.

I had a heavily modified G60 Corrado before the A3, which I sold last night :bye: Loved it for sheer raw power and torque, but the A3 is far more refined, but also carries the speed better through the corners (loving the Quattro!) :
3542908866_4123bc070b_o.jpg

3542909478_69e3c19cc8_o.jpg

Already got the "audi-sport.net" sticker in the rear window and a nice black "S-Line" tax disc holder - so those alone probably add at least 20bhp! :whistle2: So, I will start the real modding soon.

I think I'll start with Black optic front grill, Seat Cupra lower front spoiler/splitter and tinted headlights. Then probably LED rear lights and the black roof rails. I'm going to leave it until the dealer warranty runs out before starting on the power gains.

I try to avoid copying other peoples cars and had made that list when I saw 10blazin's car - love it mate, nice work! I love "OEM+" look cars and want to keep the A3 subtle, but mean looking.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Going to start with the outside first. So probably black grill and lower spoiler. I quite like the lamin-x tint on the headlights, so will do that too. Want to get the front looking imposing...

At that point, the Aluminium roof rails will probably stand out too much, without any front end chrome showing, so I'll probably go for black roof rails then.

I love the rear LED lights so they'll be next. Maybe window tints too? (never had them on any car before, but they look nice on the Lava grey ones I've seen posted here).

Not sure about wheels yet...

It could do with being about 30mm lower too, but that might get put back until after the engine mods start to come in next year!

We've got a baby on the way, so this is now the family car, so my wife has equal say in the mods. Luckily, she's into her cars too and has a seriously nice black MKIV golf, OEM+ style too. I'll find a photo or two...

sounds good, cant wait to see finished product, but the again, i dont think anyone on here will ever finish modding their cars untill they sell it!

That's very nice mate!! Is it Lava grey? Looks like it...

Wouldn't have gone for roof rails if I had the choice, but I understand you can get black ones, so that's on the list.

Hey... I do believe we can help each other out there!! I have the black rails on my Lava grey sportback and want the chrome ones... How do you feel about a swap?

Mods list sounds spot on, Blazin's car is a very fine example of OEM+ love what he's done too. When you do the rear LED's make sure you do the number plate lights too, LED in white, really set the car off.... have had many an Audi driver comment on mine.

Anyway, lemme know about the rails mate...

Cheers pal looks much better in the flesh the wheels do to ..Ive still got a few things to do yet but welcome on board , You will love your car i know i do yours looks nice is it black or lava grey im sat in blinding sun so cant fully make it out ....

6.jpg

4.jpg

sounds good, cant wait to see finished product, but the again, i dont think anyone on here will ever finish modding their cars untill they sell it!

Very true! I was "just starting" on the Corrado, when I sold it... Having said that, I saw one once that the guy should have decided was finished about 25 mods ago... or one of his friends should have taken him to one side and said "time to call it a day" :blink:

"Is it Lava grey?"

Certainly is mate! It's the new black, don't you know ;)

I've replied to your pm - top idea!

"When you do the rear LED's make sure you do the number plate lights too, LED in white, really set the car off.... have had many an Audi driver comment on mine."
Nice tip - like the sound of that; did you use those bulbs that are pre-made in a buld casing with LEDs, to be a straight swap? Have you got details of what you bought? (haven't search the forum yet for this, so apologies if on another thread).

10blazin - love the wheels too mate. My wife was going to put a set on her MKIV Golf. Thought about getting them refurbed in black first - think it would look very nice! Still haven't thought about wheels yet - I might keep the standard S-Line ones for a while, until I get used to the car. Training wheels if you like...

I love lave grey i used to have phantom black but when you black the front and nice wheels and tints lava grey is the dogs..
You wont believe how much medium tints "i got them all round bar the front by the way" totally change the car makes it look so much better.

Dont get the chavvy darks tints though medium is fine if your paranoid about getting a pull get light on the front but you only live once **** em i say ...

Dont get the chavvy darks tints though

Subtle is definitely the way to go! I like to aim for a car than non-enthusiasts will look at and think "ooh, that's nice" but not realise it didn't leave Audi that way.

I went a little away from that with the Corrado, by debadging it; but a van drove into the back of it just after I got it and dented the rear scuttle plate - so it was the perfect opportunity to do it.

10blazin, lovely car mate, bad place to take that pic though, crown point north is just not the background that your car demands :)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/festoon-led-bulbs-c-610.html

i had fitted these LED's to my rear number plate, i had to fit 2 (IIRC) 330 Ohms resistors to each light unit. but looks great at night, really finishes off the rear end.

does anyone know whether it is possible to fit LEDs to the underside of outside door handle. i saw a bloke unlock his new 3 series, interior lights came on, number plate lights and he also had lights under door handle, looked really good and possibly very useful?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwMWheWjdc

obviously is possible!

10blazin, lovely car mate, bad place to take that pic though, crown point north is just not the background that your car demands :)

good work my young apprentice ....

you from denton im from gorton and crown point north is bevery hills compaired to gorton :lmfao: hence the pics

good work my young apprentice ....

you from denton im from gorton and crown point north is bevery hills compaired to gorton :lmfao: hence the pics

im not even that lucky! i live in dukinfield so Denton crown point is pretty upper class for me too :blush:

i had fitted these LED's to my rear number plate, i had to fit 2 (IIRC) 330 Ohms resistors to each light unit.

does anyone know whether it is possible to fit LEDs to the underside of outside door handle.

What size were the bulbs? Were they the 42mm "extreme power" ones (264 LED Extreme Power Festoon Bulbs - 42mm )?

Did you have to fit the resistors to stop the bulb warning light coming on? I'll do this at the same time as the rear LED lights - so will use VAG COM to stop that happening (I'm assuming that does the trick for the nubmer plate lights too).

I like the door handle lights - I may have to have a go at that at some point. I changed all the interior lights on my Corrado to red - so am used to playing around! I've seen flat strips of LEDs just for this purpose (this one's a US site - but gives the idea http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/car-lighting/car-door-handle-lights/ )

Finished the front at the weekend :)
I wasn’t 100% sure about fitting the splitter, but now it’s on, I really like it. I think it’s increased the mean-looking-ness factor by at least 12%
Want to do the Lamin-X tint headlights next and the LED rear lights.

Front_Cnr_Small.jpg

Front_Small.jpg

Think I got it in just about the right place - not too far forward and not too far back.

Last edited:
good job on the splitter i found it quite a pain to fit and get straight did in the end im just very impatient , yours is perfect good job:icon_thumright:

Thanks guys! I took a long time over it, trying to bend it to the right curve. The more I look at it, the more I like it - it really does add a more aggresive look to the front.

I had an old style Cupra splitter on my MKII golf, years ago - Seat obviously have the best splitter designers! Best sub £30 mod yet :)

Looks great :D The Cupra splitter is a great mod on so many cars! Can't wait to get my A3!!

Keep the pics coming!

Looking good dines! Nice work mate.