Extended Warranty

Wai-Fan

Reaction score
Yup, another warranty thread. I've searched through the forum and it seems the other threads are a bit dated and some of them confusing so I've decided to create another thread.

Basically, my warranty expires at the end of next week and I've been trying to find some quotes.

Been to Audi today and they are charging over 800 quid on a 2.0 TDi!!!

Anyways, had a search and tried to get some quotes of some online companies and their prices are a lot cheaper than Audi. But, I'm not sure whether they are any good or not, so just wondering what your opinions are on some of the companies.

At the moment, it seems Warranty Direct is quite popular among some people and they have quoted me around £359 a year on their MajorCare Policy and £447 on their SecureCare Policy.

Ok, for those who have had experience with some of these companies, can you type it in the format below.

Company:

Price Paid:

Comments/Review:
  • What's the claiming process like
  • Any problems with the company not wanting to pay out
  • Blah blah blah, anything else you wanna add
Thanks.

I had a Warranty Direct Policy last year and didn't end up using it, nothing major went wrong.

This year I decided to downgrade and have a Tescos policy this year (costs me £25 a month).

If it wasn't for the porous head issue with the 2.0TDi and the scary cost of a replacement DSG Box I wouldn't have bothered.

If I hang onto it next year, I will probably wing it as there should hopefully be more third party companies that could fix the DSG and possibly more 2nd hand boxes about if it goes wrong.

Paul

Similar to above, I have warranty direct. I pay £380 a year and get luxurycare policy so the whole car is covered. Havent had the policy too long but already had a throttle body go wrong on me (Common fault on the 2.0 TDi) I will update as the claim goes foward.

They seem to be a good company so far, I too was scared by the cost of porous head replacement and DSG failure. This is massive peace of mind for me.

Joe

Warranty Direct just rang me about an hour ago and the guy quoted £430 for 12 months cover with their ExtraCare policy. He explained that it covers everything that the Audi warranty covers apart from the roadside assistance and also wear and tear cover is included?

I don't get how this wear and tear cover thing works?

Also the guy said they would cover 100% of labour costs and I think 80% or 90% of parts cost at a franchised dealer. Did you guys get a similar thing?

I'm with Warranty Direct and they seem alright tbh.

I have the Extra policy paying around £340 I think. I managed to get this at 0% interest and £0 excess so I was happy!

Wear and tear includes moving parts that due to continuous use, would in the end malfunction. e.g Timing belt & clutch. (I'm pretty sure anyway)