Just got my 19" CH"s Black Edition...

mrgicm

Phantom black S3/
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got my 19" BBS CHs on and I just love them, gave the car a much more agressive look, at first was a little bit concerned about the 19" and loosing some power, but nothing, its the same as with the OEM.
At this moment im running the Eibach pro spring kit, but last week I orderd the KW V3, and than it will be much better, cause now at the rear the springs are standard and only the front are Eibach (dont know why they make it only for the front)... hope you like it...

P.S. Latley I had a APR update on my stg2+ remap and it is amaizning, the car just feels like a rocket... still have to mount the FMIC for the summer temps...

Since my clutch started to slip more and more, does anyone have some experience with the sachs aftermarket kit???
image974.jpg

image975.jpg

Looks awesome. Well worth any weight increase!

Its a premium hatch, not a stripped out lightweight racer!

It might not feel much different but it will be slightly heavier. Looks good though, glad your enjoying it.

19" CHs weigh less than stock 18" S3 wheels, think its about 0.75kg per wheel lighter. Not sure how much more a 19" tyre weighs - either way there is not much in it, and the 19" CH/tyre combo could possibly be lighter

how much more does a 19" tyre weigh than an 18" tyre of the same width - anyone know?

so a 225/35/19 vs a 225/40/18 ???

Looks lovely mate!

Sounds like you'll be needing the Sachs uprated clutch then - you'll have no problems with it,as it'll handle your power and a fair bit more,no probs. It'll feel heavier,but that's not such a bad thing.Don't forget to have the DMF replaced at the same time - costly now,but it will save the hassle later (someone on here was running way over 400bhp with Sachs and OE DMF without a problem)

225/35 ZR19 Conti sport contact 3 weighs 9.6kg
225/40 ZR18 Conti sport contact 3 weighs 10.8kg

how long have you had the map on mrgicm ? i have stage Revo 2+ and im on the OEM clutch, dont fancy paying until i have to for a sachs

also what effect does the map re-flash have ?
Thanks

how long have you had the map on mrgicm ? i have stage Revo 2+ and im on the OEM clutch, dont fancy paying until i have to for a sachs

also what effect does the map re-flash have ?
Thanks

Well my car has now 55tkm, and I have had the stg2+ remap for around 10tkm now. The OEM clutch handeld quote longer than I tought considering I have been on several track days, and even did around 15laps on the Nurburgring. I also dont fancy paying 1000euro for a new sachs kit, so I managed to change change the clutch on waranty, so I hope I will be good for while now...

Did APR pay you some money or give you free maps etc given they've labelled your car up mate, otherwise if not I'd be taking that **** of tbh, lol, unless I'm paid money to do why would I advertise a company unless something in it for me.

Anyway yeah looks good.

yeah i agree iff you got a free map for it then il stick em on mine for one .....for a week:yes:

thanks buddy, my clutch has just been done under warranty too so lets wait and see, i work offshore and dont do trackdays or boot it round so much so im hoping itl last me a good while :)

PS: on the APR graphics i agree with the guys, it looks good for an event but unless theres something in it for you id get them off ;-) i couldnt ride round with them on all the time....go stealth

225/35 ZR19 Conti sport contact 3 weighs 9.6kg
225/40 ZR18 Conti sport contact 3 weighs 10.8kg

cheers mate

so 19" BBS CH with the same width tyre weighs less than stock 18" S3 wheels by nearly 2kg - good looks and lighter all in one :)

Did APR pay you some money or give you free maps etc given they've labelled your car up mate, otherwise if not I'd be taking that **** of tbh, lol, unless I'm paid money to do why would I advertise a company unless something in it for me.

Anyway yeah looks good.

Well the agreement was that I have to have those decals (which in my opinion look pretty good for 1 month, to various events track days and street races, and in return I got a very very good deal on my BBS, HPFP, KW V3 etc.. so it was well worth it... :) :)

very nice, like the car, call me if you will sell this bbs rims :D
pozdrav

cheers mate

so 19" BBS CH with the same width tyre weighs less than stock 18" S3 wheels by nearly 2kg - good looks and lighter all in one :)

Sounds about right - I've got the same wheels on mine. They are a lightweight wheel, and with the same width and same rolling radius, no reason why they should adversely affect performance.