front screen

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
does anyone know how much for a front window screen for a 06 sline sportback mines cracked and audi lancaster are saying its not a warrenty issue ...... what a bummer eh ..

Got glass cover on your insurance? Mines f**ked as well, getting a new one on there for a few quid, cheers insurance, useful for something, sometimes :thumbsup:

Claim on your insurance, it should not affect your no claims! And make sure you get the one that can have rain sensors and light pack installed too :)

i claimed twice last year on my insurance once for having our car stolen and then some tit bumped the courtesy car and got off so we cant claim on the insurance as its to high already ...can i get it for nothing on insurance il have to phone them any advice is welcome on this as im broke at the mo

its got sensors and dimming rear view mirror already will al that have to be replaced to

I don't think claiming on glass effects your insurance.... but maybe that's just for repairable stuff.... best to give your insurance a bell

Claiming for new screen doesnt on most reputable policies & any I know of effect the policy, just a small excess to pay the fitter usually about £50 & make sure its got the correct fitment for your mirror/sensor & NO YOU DONT haVE TO REPLACE THESE BUT MAKE SURE YOU ADVISE YOU HAVE RAIN SENSOR & dimming mirror

whoops hit caps & cant be ***** to change now.

Make sure they fit a Genuine Auidi Part & dont take any of there crap, its a new car & still under a manufactures warranty and not only are the replacements utter rubbish quality wise it could invalidate the warranty!

Make sure they fit a Genuine Auidi Part & dont take any of there crap, its a new car & still under a manufactures warranty and not only are the replacements utter rubbish quality wise it could invalidate the warranty!

Who told you that? most screens used by auto windscreens / national windscreens are OEM manufactured and in many cases are gen anyway.

This is not entirely true Lee, none of them are oem manufacturered as far as I know, they use several companies to produce for them, but replacements are usually always manufacturer specification for safety sake cause most are changed through insurance companies anyway so have to be covered otherwise has legal ramifications, so doubt they're cheap copies or **** made, had several screens & they have always been as good as last.

The windscreen companies cant afford to sell **** because of the work they would lose & also bottom line safety guys, legally they'd be seriously fecked if the screens were poor, with the new bonnets mods for euro crash tests etc you can imagine the glass requirements aswell.

So bit like vision express & nhs glasses then, lmao