18" OZ Alleggerita's - RESULT!

tobycruse

Reaction score
Almost the final piece on my modding list, a set of 18" OZ Alleggeritas. Had the wheels fitted yesterday and filled with nitrogen. To sum up the difference it has made to the car in one word: AMAZING

First lets get the weight saving figures up!

Audi OEM with tyre: 21.9kg
Audi OEM without tyre: 12kg

OZ with tyre: 18.4kg
OZ without tyre: 8.1kg

Weight saving per wheel: 3.5kg

Total weight saving off car: 14kg

This may not sound a lot but its off the unsprung weight so you can really feel the difference.

The car itself feels lighter and more nimble. The steering is sharper and more responsive. The ride feels much more certain through the corners, much more stable. Acceleration and breaking are improved, only slightly though.

I was very excited about having light weight wheels on my car, the difference is truly amazing. It has really improved the handling and feeling of the car, you feel much more involved!

Here are some pics, i apologise as the car is a little dirty but you get the idea!

DSC01412.JPG

DSC01414.JPG

DSC01415.JPG

DSC01432.JPG

Well done ! Weight saving on the wheels is reallly impresive. Would love to have them, but same as evapor8 ... roads around here (Poland) are rubbish.
Really nice colour too :cool:, they are titanium finish, aren't they ?

Cheers

I share your excitement as I went through the same diet and know the difference it makes! Braking, acceleration, and handing are much improved. Every lbs counts!

Congrats on the change! Brilliant Job!!

I understand why you have done it but i prefer the look of your old wheels.

Amazing car though.

I understand why you have done it but i prefer the look of your old wheels.

Amazing car though.

You wait till she is clean. Get some gloss on the tyres and see if you still think so!

Id like a set of light rims to but would of gone for team dynamics 19 inch or if i could afford them 19 inch oz ultraleggeres because you would have they weight loss and a nice look ....if its just weight loss toby was after then :icon_thumright: great

01300.jpg

Mixed views here guys. I love the way they look! The reason i bought them over the ulltraleggras was because these look more chunky. I didn't just buy them for the weight saving.

What confuses me is when people buy 19's, non light weight, adding more weight to the car and loosing handling and performance. All for the same money that you can spend on lighter performance alloys. Odd, but each to their own.

If you love the way they look then that's all that matter's and no way could i get some performance alloys for what i paid for these , If i could i would as it obviously makes sence ..I wanted bbs cks or ultraleggers probably will save for them now i just wanted 19s for the meantime just for looks as couldnt stand the 5 bar 18's on mine and wanted them gone ..
my wheels with tires stood me at 200 quid once i sold my original 18's ....id really love 19 or 20 inch bbs ck polished like rabbits and will get them eventually probably one wheel at a time lol....all in good time though:thumbsup:

Mixed views here guys. I love the way they look! The reason i bought them over the ulltraleggras was because these look more chunky. I didn't just buy them for the weight saving.

What confuses me is when people buy 19's, non light weight, adding more weight to the car and loosing handling and performance. All for the same money that you can spend on lighter performance alloys. Odd, but each to their own.

I agree with that,i certainly would never go larger or heavier on the rim front.

Maybe with a clean and some tyre shine it may set them off, they look quite a jap style rim.

yeah i thought that they look pretty jap i think they look ok im not slagging them toby im just into big rims so each to there own like you say...

I love the way they look!

:scared2:

I didn't just buy them for the weight saving

:undwech:

When people buy 19's, non light weight, adding more weight to the car and loosing handling and performance

I know what your saying, but I would say IMO 95% of people who changes the wheels on their car is for cosmetic reasons. Saying that, I would like to drive my cousin's 340bhp Big Turbo TT on some lightweight 18" rims instead of the 19" CHs.

Its amazing how much weight you've saved. Well done Toby!

I like the colour of the wheels but for me dont like the wheels overall, but hey not my car so who cares.

They're called Imagines from Elitedirect, similar to A8's but alot better.

Hi Toby

Really like the last photo makes the alloys look a lot better and they go with the car. Like the alloy colour aswell. Great write up aswell mate. At first wasnt sure if i was going to like them. But must say they look a lot better than i expected! Can you feel a difference in handling?

Total weight saving quite good aswell! If you dont mind me asking how much did the wheel cost? And what made you go for these over team dynamics as they have quite nice light alloys. Car looks good

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Toby

Really like the last photo makes the alloys look a lot better and they go with the car. Like the alloy colour aswell. Great write up aswell mate. At first wasnt sure if i was going to like them. But must say they look a lot better than i expected! Can you feel a difference in handling?

Total weight saving quite good aswell! If you dont mind me asking how much did the wheel cost? And what made you go for these over team dynamics as they have quite nice light alloys. Car looks good

Thanks

Ashley

The difference in handling if very apparent! So much so the car itself feels a lot lighter, steering is lighter but more responsive. Acceleration through and out of corners is much more stable and certain. All in all I love the way it has changed the feeling of the car.

The wheels cost me £1200 and i didn't go for the team dynamics as i have always wanted a pair of OZ's. Its an inner complex! But the team dynamics are just as good, just a lot cheaper!

Will be posting more pics up when she is cleaned and got gloss on the tyres!

Sounds like a result in terms of the driving improvements. Nice one.

I've always been the sort of person that would rather sacrifice a little handling and ride comfort for better looks!