Alcantara vs Leather

Trev241

Reaction score
I am thinking of changing the S3 for the new S4 but don't know if I should go for the super sports seats in leather / alcantara or pay extra for the full leather.
Does anyone have views on the long term durability of alcantara on the existing S3 or in fact any other audi model.
Test drove the S4 yesterday,must have one just need to finalise the spec.

Trev

full leather, can easily wipe off any mess, alcantara wud stain easier and be harder to remove any marks..

Got to be leather, just easier to keep clean

2 tone, leather with alcantara, reason being & I've had 3 audi's in a row with 2 tone, with leather in summer you stick to it & winter its freezing, alcantara is neither & never had any issues with cleaning alcantara, I even used vanish the other day & its come up as new, couldnt beleive it with the foam spray stuff, alcantara middles & leather outers, cant beat it mate, saw the S4 in dealer today with this exact setup for seats & looked the nads.

I prefer to leave my skin on in the summer, peeling my legs of hot leather isnt exactly nice
Slidey, must be all those hairs mate :undwech:

lmfao now dont get personal VeetHees, lol

hairy.jpg

tell yer though its always the same place, surely by now they would go ****** brown.

I also have Alcantara in my A3 for 2 years + a 5 year old kid... no problems with cleaning or durability. I am pleasantly surprised!!

Had this on my S3 8L, B5 RS4 steering wheels had this, was great man cause winter wasnt cold & summer didnt scald your hands, lol.

alcantara steering wheels go horrible after a while - stop being furry and soft and end up looking like old leather - maybe my hands are too sweaty?

yeah my old alcantara steering wheel ended up like the bog man....lol

060117_bog_photo_big.jpg

I had the alcantara wheel on my S3 for years & it was just as good since day one when I sold the car, so maybe its your sweaty hands, lol.