My New Turboback Exhaust!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi People :hi:,

As most of you will know I own a 2.0TDI (140), well if you don't read my sig :p. I've had my car for 1 year and 3 months, still loving every minute of course, I'm nearly heading towards a remap! One of the main mods most 140 owners will do is a remap.

Before I did any sort of tuning to the car, I wanted to be sure it was "enough" I've been out in Mattandrew's upsolute'd A3 and also Mikey's 2.0TDI A3 - Turboback Milltek & Custom Code'd Phase 2!!

After going out in Mike's car I was like :scared2: the power and driveability for a diesel is nothing short of shocking, its quicker than his friends Mk5 GTI (Standard). So he had convinced me for the money he spent on the exhaust and map, it was the right level of power for me.

Unfortunately for me, Milltek don't make a turboback exhaust for the 2.0TDI Sportback, I had spoke to them a couple of times, Mr Millington himself, but there customer service was so poor, I decided to go down the custom route!

I used a company called MIJ Performance in Walsall, I had read a few good things about them on various forums, so I booked it in. It was £485 inc. vat & fitting for a full turboback system with no cat.

Heres the first exhaust that Audi supplied me with :lmfao:

DSC02130800x600.jpg

I then changed these to some Wolfrace stainless steel tips at a cost of £100.

Image000800x600.jpg

Image001800x600.jpg

Image002800x600.jpg

DSC03041800x600-1.jpg

Although they look alot better than standard, I still felt afterwards they looked like "PEA SHOOTERS" :scared2:

This is how the new exhaust is looking, fills the valance perfectly imo.

DSC03862800x600.jpg

DSC04055800x600.jpg

DSC04060800x600.jpg

DSC04061800x600.jpg

So thoughts on the exhaust. It really does sound great, it has a really nice low rumble and gives the diesel a more sporty tone! I think the turbo spools up faster, and I'm glad I got it. I'm just really looking forward it being complimented with the green panel filter and the custom code phase 2 map.

So my advice to any 2.0 TDI owner would be don't bother getting tips like I did, save up the extra and get a turboback exhaust.

Sorry for rambling on :nyah:

Cheers Nathan

Don't be sorry mate! This is how threads should be done :icon_thumright:

How much was it?

Very nice mate, looks good not too bad a price either... Care to do some drive by or a standing cam n' few revs so we can hear what it's like?

Car's looking good BTW, when you putting the BBS's on?

N8KOW said:
I used a company called MIJ Performance in Walsall, I had read a few good things about them on various forums, so I booked it in. It was £485 inc. vat & fitting for a full turboback system with no cat.
;)

Don't be sorry mate! This is how threads should be done :icon_thumright:

How much was it?

£485 Leon.

Very nice mate, looks good not too bad a price either... Care to do some drive by or a standing cam n' few revs so we can hear what it's like?

Car's looking good BTW, when you putting the BBS's on?

Cheers RS, hopefully they'll be on within the next few weeks. I've got all 4 tyres ready now, just need to buy 1 more rim, got 3 at the mo. Gonna go ET41 on the rears and ET52 on the front, so they rears will seem wider.

;)

What is done to the other cars to be quicker than a standard GTI?

I would love that as my mate has a GTI and me going past him would be immense!!!

Thats a good price and looks great with quality looking spot on.

Surprised you had bad service from Phil Millington, I have just organised letting him have the 335d coupe for development of a Milltek system and he couldn't be more accomodating. He gets the car for 5 days and I get a free exhaust plus his S4 as a courtesy car.

Perhaps you got him on a bad day but I also met up with him at Donington track last night (coincidence) as I was putting the S3 through it's paces and he was a really nice Guy plus his R8 sounded amazing.

Your motor is looking the Dogs now - good work.

What is done to the other cars to be quicker than a standard GTI?

I would love that as my mate has a GTI and me going past him would be immense!!!

Mike's A3 is a 2.0TDI (140) with a Turboback Milltek 1with a Custom Code Phase 2 map and green panel filter. He told me they raced a number of times, off the lights, on the motorway, rolling starts etc...and he beat him every single time.

Thats a good price and looks great with quality looking spot on.

Surprised you had bad service from Phil Millington, I have just organised letting him have the 335d coupe for development of a Milltek system and he couldn't be more accomodating. He gets the car for 5 days and I get a free exhaust plus his S4 as a courtesy car.

Perhaps you got him on a bad day but I also met up with him at Donington track last night (coincidence) as I was putting the S3 through it's paces and he was a really nice Guy plus his R8 sounded amazing.

Your motor is looking the Dogs now - good work.

Cheers Mart, I'm happy with the quality. In all fairness I did phone them a number of times, they said they would be interested in using mine for development, but they never got back to me. So after chasing them up 4/5 times, I got slightly tired of them :3sadwalk:

Motor is getting there, finishing touch is the rims + stance.

Looks good, whats the quality like ? That price seems quite a bargin too, i presume it included fitting as well ?

Looks good, whats the quality like ? That price seems quite a bargin too, i presume it included fitting as well ?

Cheers Steve, quality seems good, good grade stainless steel. Price was very good.

...Do something with those bent exhaust tips!

I was thinking of you when I said if your thinking of doing something with the zorst!

Wow mate - that looks awesome and trust me, with a remap as will as the filter, it will fly. Mine's ST3d and flys - given a fair few cars a shock!

MIJ Performnce are awesome too - my mate used them and they done an awesome job on this Golf Mk4.

Now hurry up and get it mapped and be quicker to fit those huge brakes because you'll be eeding them! lol

Looking good and great write up. Excuse my ignorance, but on a custom build do they offer it up to your car or work from a template? :readit:

That seem like a great price for a TBE mate, considering the alternatives.

:respekt:

Wow mate - that looks awesome and trust me, with a remap as will as the filter, it will fly. Mine's ST3d and flys - given a fair few cars a shock!

MIJ Performnce are awesome too - my mate used them and they done an awesome job on this Golf Mk4.

Now hurry up and get it mapped and be quicker to fit those huge brakes because you'll be eeding them! lol

Cheers Kaz, I can't wait to get it mapped, and I can't wait to get the Brembos on. But the rims are 1st on the list.

Looking good and great write up. Excuse my ignorance, but on a custom build do they offer it up to your car or work from a template? :readit:

That seem like a great price for a TBE mate, considering the alternatives.

:respekt:

Cheers. I'm pretty sure they offer it up to the car, I'm pleased with the price. So from Kaz as well, thats 2 thumbs up for MIJ :arco:

what does the stage 2 involve?

I just have miltek cat back, remap and filter

Stage 2 is a custom map for mods i.e. exhaust.

Well done mate - looks great - I'm jealous now - if I had the funds I'd be doing the same - my £30 tips will have to do for the moment - :blush:

looking good, you dont need the 19's, honest. If you like I can always take them off your hands. It will save you the trouble of finding the last wheel. ;)

:laugh:

do you know if it's possible to do this on the newer common rail engines and if there are any warning lights?

Hi Nate

Great write up...And good showing the stages ha take it you never liked the exhaust Audi gave you! That takes the ****, hate it when you have to chase things up and never get calls back sorry to hear that. Would of been nice how much they want for an exhaust Milltek?

The stainless steel exhaust tips are always good in till you decide you want the real deal!The price you got from MIJ Performance £485 inc cant really go wrong. Reckon you can get a video of what it sounds like? Feel any difference now with the change?

One last thing how it going with the breaks?

Thanks

Ashley

Hi Nate

Great write up...And good showing the stages ha take it you never liked the exhaust Audi gave you! That takes the ****, hate it when you have to chase things up and never get calls back sorry to hear that. Would of been nice how much they want for an exhaust Milltek?

The stainless steel exhaust tips are always good in till you decide you want the real deal!The price you got from MIJ Performance £485 inc cant really go wrong. Reckon you can get a video of what it sounds like? Feel any difference now with the change?

One last thing how it going with the brakes?

Thanks

Ashley

Mike's Turboback Milltek was about £500 fitted, I priced it up its about £440 parts, I will try and do a video sometime, I'm getting a few requests! I should be sourcing some RS4 discs soon at a very good price, after that I'll get the pads, and then I'll drop it in to be done :) Rims next, so watch this space... :)