EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

Thumbs up Do Audi sell the locking mechanism for armrest seperately?

Well been a bad week in the interior of my car! First I managed to break the mechanism that releases the glove box slowly.... now it just drops down like a rock, lol... unless I hold it while it drops.

Then my daughter managed to trap her dress in the armrest, which resulted in her tugging on it, in turn breaking that!

So, I was wondering if Audi sell the parts for the clip lock mechanism on the armrest and does anyone know part has knackered in the glove box, making it drop like that?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    They sell the glove box mechanism afaik!

But I think you have to buy a new armrest lid though - I did the same for both but havent bothered as yet to replace them!

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers Boydie! PITA that, will have to look in the breakers for an old armrest as I don't fancy forking out for a new lid (although there's on on ebay at the minute) < might have a cheeky punt if it doesn't go to high.

You don't happen to have a part number for the glovebox one do you?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes IIRC there is a repair kit for the armrest but lid is a new one I'm afraid, but hey thats why we have the bay, I actually wanted a new lid for mine in alcantara, but can I bloody find one in etka, the 8L was a ***** to find & was hidden away, but found it then sold car, lol

I repaired my glovebox mate & its better than ever, if I can find the post with info I'll link, but just remove & superglue parts in place to hold, then epoxy the joints, wont break of again in a hurry can assure you mate, the clutch part is cheap but if its any part of the actual glovebox lid then thats a problem, just do as I did mate, epoxy works a treat.
    Last edited by NHN; 4th June 2009 at 10:45.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    I was in Audi only yesterday asking about the arm rest lid, the same has happened with mine. You cant buy the clip alone you have to get the whole lid...and...they only sell it with the cloth fabric, not leather like mine now. So its 46 (i think) for a new lid, and then they have to send it off to be re-upholstered which costs aswell.

Good luck on the bay
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Cheers Boydie! PITA that, will have to look in the breakers for an old armrest as I don't fancy forking out for a new lid (although there's on on ebay at the minute) < might have a cheeky punt if it doesn't go to high.

You don't happen to have a part number for the glovebox one do you?

8K2880324 Glove box damper. 16.83 inc vat
    8E0880802 Pin 24p
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

Tetbury Audi Parts Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by just017 View Post
    I was in Audi only yesterday asking about the arm rest lid, the same has happened with mine. You cant buy the clip alone you have to get the whole lid...and...they only sell it with the cloth fabric, not leather like mine now. So its 46 (i think) for a new lid, and then they have to send it off to be re-upholstered which costs aswell.

Good luck on the bay

Are you sure about this, pm me with chassis number. Pretty sure you will be able to get a leather one.
    A3 2.0TDI S-LINE BRILLIANT BLACK (s-line suspension,Audi sound system) coming March (fingers crossed)!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Epoxy 4 & stronger than before or new one.

5th Gear

Status
    LoL!

U have pm...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ohhhh ****, another job to do huh, lol, note all these additions dont come free you know, lol.

5th Gear

Status
    Thought I'd drop that one on you when I arrived!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    yeah yeah, so where's it broke exactly & got a pic?

2nd Gear

Status
    here's my broken one

Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Oh dear, I have ideas how to repair but just got of plane so not in mood to write essay, PM more images from various angles see if my idea would fly excuse the pun.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah sure soon as the sun comes up tomorrow in better light i'll put some up. Seem stupid that you cant remove the leather top and replace the catch.