RNSe for Sale

WiZBiT

Reaction score
For sale I have a 2008 RNSe to fit A3/S3.

Unit is spotless. It comes with a working copy of the 2008 Europe Map.

£450 delivered.

Does it have the gps antenna, quadlock adapter?

Urm, it has the gps antenna. Quadlock adapter? Can you post a pick, i dont know what it is..

It converts from multiple iso connectors to the all in one quadlock connector on the rear of the rns-e, say from concert unit to rns.

I dont think so mate, just the GPS antenna.

Have Concert, BOSE, FBMFSW and Bluetooth with Sharkfin.

What do I need apart from the Head unit? And rough cost for any bits I need to interface with the car.

Obviously beer tokens would apply for VAGCom assistance. Couple of guys have kindly offerred already.

Car is a 57 MY07 btw if that makes a difference.

Cheers
Paul

I think Paul should be 1st in line as he keeps missing the units for sale, stop his whingeing then, lol

I think as yours is double din you have quadlock already, only thing to consider is the antenna system

Paul mine is an 07 S3 and the rns-e was a straight swap and coding via vag com. I just put the antenna above the speedo and have never had any problems. Hope this helps.

Have Concert, BOSE, FBMFSW and Bluetooth with Sharkfin.

What do I need apart from the Head unit? And rough cost for any bits I need to interface with the car.

Obviously beer tokens would apply for VAGCom assistance. Couple of guys have kindly offerred already.

Car is a 57 MY07 btw if that makes a difference.

Cheers
Paul

Do it Paul - don't miss this one too!

WizBIt - how come you're selling the RNS-E?

I think Paul should be 1st in line as he keeps missing the units for sale, stop his whingeing then, lol

I think as yours is double din you have quadlock already, only thing to consider is the antenna system

He He , who me? Whinge? Never!

Cheers for the help.

Paul

Well done Paul, this completes the A3's dash.
Be nice not to have all those flamin CDs rattling around the cabin!

And yep, finishes things of nicely.

Last mod, but worth doing as Ive decidied to keep the car fron another 18month.

cheers
Paul

If it falls through I'm your man I'm sick of trying to win one on E-bay and getting pipped at the last minute call me synical but I smell a rat.

I'm willing to pay £450 for a <2008 unit in excellent condition, somebody help please....

I'll be willing to pay the 450 quid plus postage to South Africa if the deal with Paul falls through.

Please let me know if you willing to sell to me or know someone who's selling theirs as I am really looking for an RNS-E unit in good condition and don't want to go through eBay.

Paul mine is an 07 S3 and the rns-e was a straight swap and coding via vag com. I just put the antenna above the speedo and have never had any problems. Hope this helps.

How easy is it to locate the Antenna, dont want to pull the dash to bits. In fact I was hoping to do it when the head unit was going in.

Appreciate any ideas. (for a techno-numpty BTW)

Cheers
Paul

****** easy, just find some flat metallic area in the dash behind the rns or up to the left/right & slap the mofo on there mate, easy peasy even for technonumnuts, lol

****** easy, just find some flat metallic area in the dash behind the rns or up to the left/right & slap the mofo on there mate, easy peasy even for technonumnuts, lol

Thanks NHN, thought you might come up trumps in your own unique eloquent and informative style.:)
Star.

Cheers
Paul

Well I didn think someone of your stature needed the flower arrangement version, lol, but you're certainly not a technonumnuts lol.

I have finally managed to get hold of a unit and hope to fit it this weekend, have been following the posts carefully but wondered whether anyone could confirm if the TMC traffic alerts will work or do I need to activate anything?

I have procured a VCDS cable so should have all the gear (but no idea) to access everything.

Any clues?

My TMC sometimes works, mostly there is a line through it. I guess it depends in the signal strength? When working, pressing the button brings up road works but not sure if it would divert me if I was on a guided route.

Ok thanks. I have an A6 loaner at the moment whilst mine is in for work. Its TMC seems to be flaky too.

Was the coding fairly straight forward with VCDS?

Be nice not to have all those flamin CDs rattling around the cabin!

And yep, finishes things of nicely.

Last mod, but worth doing as Ive decidied to keep the car fron another 18month.

cheers
Paul

I've got 6 disc changer as well, rarely use it. I'm SD'd up :) Good luck with it. Good job to hear you holding onto the car for longer :applaus:

I've got 6 disc changer as well, rarely use it. I'm SD'd up :) Good luck with it. Good job to hear you holding onto the car for longer :applaus:

Pah, CDs are so yesterday.:)
Yeah, nothing else I fancy car wise, the other stuff I like is even more to run than an S3 (which aint cheap) and I cant justify to myself spending any more money than I already do!
This thing only has 15K on the clock and will tick all the boxes once the RNSE is fitted so Ive decided to break my own habit and keep it for a while (previous record is 18months).
Regular wash and vacuum and enjoy it!
Works in nicely with the realease of the RS3 to run out the 8P platform to -- cue Jamiekip....

cheers
Paul

Cheers

Paul,

Forgot to say, I have 2 x Ganz Neue 4Gb SD cards here if you need some quick smart.

J

Pah, CDs are so yesterday.:)
Yeah, nothing else I fancy car wise, the other stuff I like is even more to run than an S3 (which aint cheap) and I cant justify to myself spending any more money than I already do!
This thing only has 15K on the clock and will tick all the boxes once the RNSE is fitted so Ive decided to break my own habit and keep it for a while (previous record is 18months).
Regular wash and vacuum and enjoy it!
Works in nicely with the realease of the RS3 to run out the 8P platform to -- cue Jamiekip....

cheers
Paul

Cheers

Well done Paul, I like forum members that are satisfied :)

Das ist ein gute preise, aber nicht für mich. I habe zwei 2GB schon. :readit:

Will i need to `move pins` or will the RNSE run with BOSE in a straight forward plug n play fashion?

I'm becoming notrious for my belief in an RS3! hahaha

I may end up doing the same thing as you actually Paul.
I'm due to change my car next March and I'm toying with what to do, because IF they do announce the RS3 I'll be ordering one, but I'd probably need a car for another 9-12 months before that arrived.
Given where I have got to with mod's on my car, I may as well put a bit more money in to it and keep it... so probably take it to stage 2+.

Alternatively, I may get a 'toy' for 12 months, something that won't depreciate much. I know someone who recently got an M3 CSL - I don't think they would depreciate much more, maybe an early 997 C2S, M3 or even a C63AMG if they come down to the right price in 10 months time (though I think that would continue to depreciate like a beatch!). BUT, will all of those, like you say, running costs will become a factor.

I do love the S3 though... it just ticks all the boxes for me.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm becoming notrious for my belief in an RS3! hahaha

Ah man, have you got satellite ears or what, anyone mentions RS3(oops I did it again, cue britney) you're there on the spot, lmao

Will i need to `move pins` or will the RNSE run with BOSE in a straight forward plug n play fashion?

Well quadlock on both I believe, just compare the labels on the top of rns & the old unit to see if the pins match up Paul, it really is very easy mate, no implying you're thick either, just pin to pin couldnt get any simpler & you're welcome to ring my 0906 number whenever you like :undwech:

Ah man, have you got satellite ears or what, anyone mentions RS3(oops I did it again, cue britney) you're there on the spot, lmao

I have an alert set up on the word RS3 ;)

Which mod did you bribe for that server side script, lmao