Volks AutosChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Awesome gti RR day

I attended the R32 oc RR event today, i have never put my s3 on the rollers and managed 275.83 and 317.89 ib/ft of torque at the wheels.

Now i know these things arent the most accurate but as a guide what kind of power would i be looking at at the fly?

The only engine mods i have are the GIAC and Evoms.

All in all a good day out finished off with a nice little play with an s4 on the way home.

Thanks
    GIAC, EVOMS, H & R

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    dc240869 has GIAC and an intake with no other mods - I think he has about 320bhp and a similar torque figure. Jamiekip and L6ON were both seeing over 300bhp with just a GIAC remap.
    The dyno lottery means nothing though mate - were some of the other cars lower than expected on bhp too ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

2nd Gear

Status
    my figures were at the wheel not the fly, hence why i was asking what this would be at the fly?

The rollers seemed pretty fair, the std r32's putting out around the 240ish mark at fly (they can only give fly readings for cars run in fwd)
    GIAC, EVOMS, H & R

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohrob View Post
    my figures were at the wheel not the fly, hence why i was asking what this would be at the fly?

The rollers seemed pretty fair, the std r32's putting out around the 240ish mark at fly (they can only give fly readings for cars run in fwd)
    Ah sorry mate - misread that. Don't know in that case, sorry.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

4th Gear

Status
    All depends how the RR it is set up Rob tbh....
    There are a lot of losses in the haldex transmission so rounding your figures up, could imply about 340-350 at the fly wheel which sounds to high for what your car is running i'm afraid.

FWIW with the mod's you have I think you'll have about 320-325bhp and between 320-340lb/ft at the fly.
    My car has the GIAC and Milltek DP and CATs and has 321bhp and 312lb/ft, but I know my car is low on torque (always has been for some reason) compared with L60N who gets about 310bhp and 335lb/ft just on the GIAC map.

I am hoping that my car is a bit better than the figures suggest though, as my car went on the same rollers on the same day as a couple of Stage 2+ S3's and there figures were only 6-7bhp and 10lb/ft of mine I think

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeh 330 seems a bit high to me, i will wait and see when all the results are posted from the other cars and see what they were coming out with. If they are all high then its pretty clear the rollers are being generous.

Anyway its all a bit of fun just nice to know what the car has.
    GIAC, EVOMS, H & R

4th Gear

Status
    Have a read of this thread Rob:
    http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=493
    RR results always cause a bit of debate :lol:

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    dc240869 has GIAC and an intake with no other mods - I think he has about 320bhp and a similar torque figure. Jamiekip and L6ON were both seeing over 300bhp with just a GIAC remap.
    The dyno lottery means nothing though mate - were some of the other cars lower than expected on bhp too ?
    here you. l got Autotech internals as well. but l forgive you.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dc240969 View Post
    here you. l got Autotech internals as well. but l forgive you.
    Ahh, don't take offence DC

AUSmotive.com

Status
    Golden rule of rolling roads...

Do a baseline run before mods.
    Then do comparative runs after mods on the same dyno.

Still not perfect, but at least you're giving yourself half a chance of making sense out of the numbers achieved.
    AUSmotive.com // AUSringers.com

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune