Brooklands Autobody Centre, Lincoln - DO NOT USE !!

Neil C

Reaction score
Hi all.
Recently noticed some "pimpling" in the paintwork along the bottom door panels, on one rear wheel arch and along the sills. Took the car to Lincoln Audi, and they said that it was a common problem which would be sorted under warranty. Great !
A few days later I got a call from Brrroklands Autobody Centre, which is about 200 yards up the road from Lincoln Audi. They said that they had been asked to carry out the paintwork repairs, and we agreed a date. I dropped the car of on a Friday morning, and spend the next 8 days in their 1.2 Corsa courtesy car. Ugh !
When I collected my car it had just been washed, so was a little wet still. It looked OK, and I couldn't find any of the defects that hadn't been corrected. Next day I decided to wash my car, and that was when I noticed that the trim pieces along the bottom of each door, which were removed as they didn't need any work, were a slightly different colour to the surrounding panels. I know that they weren't like this when it went in to Brooklands, so I took the car back. The workshop manager gave me some bull about paint showing up differently on plastic trim and, to cut a long story short, refused to do anything about it.
I now have a "two-tone" car, which looks rediculous, and have to fork out to get it looking right again.
Good eh ?

Hi all.
Recently noticed some "pimpling" in the paintwork along the bottom door panels, on one rear wheel arch and along the sills. Took the car to Lincoln Audi, and they said that it was a common problem which would be sorted under warranty. Great !
A few days later I got a call from Brrroklands Autobody Centre, which is about 200 yards up the road from Lincoln Audi. They said that they had been asked to carry out the paintwork repairs, and we agreed a date. I dropped the car of on a Friday morning, and spend the next 8 days in their 1.2 Corsa courtesy car. Ugh !
When I collected my car it had just been washed, so was a little wet still. It looked OK, and I couldn't find any of the defects that hadn't been corrected. Next day I decided to wash my car, and that was when I noticed that the trim pieces along the bottom of each door, which were removed as they didn't need any work, were a slightly different colour to the surrounding panels. I know that they weren't like this when it went in to Brooklands, so I took the car back. The workshop manager gave me some bull about paint showing up differently on plastic trim and, to cut a long story short, refused to do anything about it.
I now have a "two-tone" car, which looks rediculous, and have to fork out to get it looking right again.
Good eh ?

Leaving the individual repair centre aside,if it's under warranty,and carried out by an Audi approved centre whose results you are unhappy with,have you gone back to Audi themselves and complained?

I've had work done through Audi approved centres and they are supposed to get it back to showroom finish.... Yes paint is harder to match across metals and plastics.... but a good paint shop can do it (my resprayed bumpers match the rest of the car perfectly).
Push back... write a complaint... if you're still not happy go above them and liaise with Audi direct.
Good luck.

Definately agree with the the other two replies mate. I had my citroen saxo vtr ( a few years back now) back to the citroen garage four times before they finnaly managed to match the door plastics in colour to the rest of the car under warranty so if a citreon garage can do it then there should be absolutely no reason why audi can't do the same with your car. Just keep at them till they give in!

Tried calling bloke at Lincoln Audi on Thursday . . he was at lunch. I am still waiting for him to get back to me.

To add insult to injury, the trim piece between the rear doors and the wheel arch is starting to come off.

Tried calling bloke at Lincoln Audi on Thursday . . he was at lunch. I am still waiting for him to get back to me.

To add insult to injury, the trim piece between the rear doors and the wheel arch is starting to come off.

In which case I don't think there's any question about the quality of the work.

Don't wait for the bloke at Audi to get back to you....I would take a trip to the Audi centre if it was me,and show them the quality of the work their nominated repairer is doing and ask if they would want to be associated with it.

Make it loud and make it perfectly clear,particularly if there are other customers present.

In which case I don't think there's any question about the quality of the work.

Don't wait for the bloke at Audi to get back to you....I would take a trip to the Audi centre if it was me,and show them the quality of the work their nominated repairer is doing and ask if they would want to be associated with it.

Make it loud and make it perfectly clear,particularly if there are other customers present.

Agree 100% - not the service you expect from Audi

Sounds lame! I recently had my pre face lift A3 changed to the S3 front end and I cant tell any difference between the sprayed plastic bumper & sprayed bonnet & the untouched wings....

Have they painted the doors? cos surely they should have been blown in also,but agree with what they say we have many customers complain about colour matches on plastic and most of the time the bumpers have come factory coloured coded like honda's etc,on many audis and others cars the bumpers etc are different colours from the the panel work,but if your wasnt like that before complain they should sort it if warranty

As Phil says above, panels should NOT be sprayed in isolation. They should blend the panels across a greater area to remove any chance of colour mismatch.

Bodyshops just assume Joe Pube-lick know sweet FA, and think they can get away with minimum priced jobs.

Have finally spoken with guy from Audi Lincs, and he has agreed to meet me at Brooklands, on his day off, so the matter can be sorted.

Will keep you posted.

if my car goes in anywhere now pics on phone and garage owner or supervisor goes round the car and if i went and they said all that to me after my car was foooked id ask to see the manager and if he didnt sort it then there's only one answer

phase one

article-1100822-02E1DD25000005DC-490_468x305.jpg

phase 2

picture-13.png

and bully's special prize ...
bullseye_bully.jpg

674-GarageFire001.standalone.prod_affiliate.13.jpg

aaaaaah feel much better....!!!! oh well off for a pint

I too had a bad experience with Brooklands @ Lincs. Neil, the Audi man was there to help.. no troubles. Nice of him to meet you at Brooklands on his day off, too.

The actual work carried out, was fine. A small corrosion warranty job on the roof-rails - no problems. It was the 'valet' I was annoyed at. I'd asked for it not to be done too..

See here for details - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=86445

I'm anal, sure.. but, I just couldn't work out how they can inflict so much damage on one wash. ONE! Martin was full of BS too. "No Mr.White.. the shampoo you used will have taken our polish off, thus, making the swirl marks return in your paint". "No, bumder.. my car was 100% defect free.. and(!), I haven't even washed the car yet!"

After meeting with Neil, the guy from Audi, yesterday, we have managed to get Brooklands to agree to paint the trim pieces as well. Their manager, Martin, insists that they will still not match the rest of the car, so I am going to try to mark the bits to make sure that they do actually apply some paint.