19" wheels with lowered springs

remslie20

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just looking for a little bit of advice. I'm looking at changing my 18" s-line alloys for 19" audi 20 spoke replicas like the ones on N8KOW's car. They are 8.5 wide ET 48 and would be with either 225, 35 or 235, 35 tyres. My car is a 57 s-line sportback 140 tdi. Has anyone first hand experience of running their car on similar sized alloys with lowering springs. I am thinking of either H&R 35 or 50mm drop or Eibach sportline with the 50mm front 40mm back drop. I do tend to carry passengers in the back a fair bit and usually have a boot full too, am I going to have rubbing issues??

Any advice/opinions appreciated

if you keep with the 225/35 then u shouldnt get rubbing. if you fit the HnR 35mm drop, your car will only lower 10mm, but you will be able to run the 19's with passengers fine, without rubbing issues. see if you can get alloys with say and offset of 55 or 50, you will then be fine and if you do want the wider track, fit some spacers. but i think you would be fine lowering it 10-20mm with 225/35 some people on here have done it, i think BOYDIE has lowered his much more as well as DON76 and they both run 19 inch alloys but im not too sure what the offset is on theirs!!!

Ok, mine are only 18's but I have the H&R 55mm springs. Think the height is perfect, but the wheels need at least an extra inch:

DSC_0182.jpg

:o.k:i have got 19 inch rs6 with eibach pros and can honestly say they rub four up,the guy i got them off had the same problem.to be fair it is only on poor surfaces or potholes,the car looks great and its not often there are four in the car so i put up with it

Thank's for the info guys. By the looks of it maybe the sporline 50/40 drop would be safer, give me a little more clearance at the back. Saying that xs2man your car sits really well on the 55mm drop, like you say 19" would just finnish it off a treat.