A brighter Black Edition

Hastie1776

Reaction score
Well after months of trying to get all the parts ready for the delivery of my black edition yesterday, I thought I would thank everyone for all the help they have given me in locating parts and giving me the knowledge to fit them.
Thanks to all that have helped, sold, shared and put up with some stupid **** questions!.
After a days work, the car is finally finished!. I always thought the Black edition was a little to much, however the extras persuaded me to commit and maybe make some mods after delivery.. I have changed the grill, mirrors, badge, Rns-E and pedals. I think it makes the black windows look less like I’m either dealing crack or planning a drive by!.:gun2:

Just need someone with Vag to sort the RNS-E out. All works perfectly but it must have some errors! :readit:

3575046575_54002f9bf2.jpg

3575045853_2b85395ca8.jpg

3575855004_49e33ab66e.jpg

3575854402_cf798996c6.jpg

3575046885_45c4c475ef.jpg

Must say thats a amazing looking A3. Doesnt look like a Black Edition any more without the signature alloys and grill. Be nice if audi did a Black Edition Badge!
But does look good. how come you ever decided to go for a optic S3 grill? Once again car looks nice :)

Ashley

Must say thats a amazing looking A3. Doesnt look like a Black Edition any more without the signature alloys and grill. Be nice if audi did a Black Edition Badge!
But does look good. how come you ever decided to go for a optic S3 grill? Once again car looks nice :)

Ashley

Thanks Ashley.. I never liked the Facelift Grill as much as the previous model, so after seeing Sems on here with regards to fitting the S3 version I promptly ordered. With regards to the wheels, they look great on the red, white and silver however they are a little dark with a black car imo.
I still get the other perks of the black ed with the Bose, tinting and DRL's which I have to say are amazing!.

Thanks again...

Stunning car mate, an very tastefully specced.

One thing that makes me laugh is how the S-Line specs have got so close to the S3's. You even have a flat bottomed wheel now!! When I initially went to see the S3 and Audi hadn't even been ***** to stitch the S3 logo into the leather seats, it felt a little to close to S-Line territory considering the premium charged - ****** tightwads. On first take I thought yours was an S3!!!

Very nice!

Hastie1776,
Looks great. :icon_thumright:
I totally agree the black ed in black is just too pimpish for my tastes. On my enquries I have been asking of the alloys can be swapped for the normal sline alloys and some dealers have said that they could possibly do that with a car they have.
Should/once I order I too would like to change the grill.
Is it this part 8P0 853 651 F 1RR
Also, how difficult was it to change the badge from S3 to Sline. Is it plug and play?
Please provide details.

Does the piano black make the interior too dark?

Hastie1776,
Looks great. :icon_thumright:
I totally agree the black ed in black is just too pimpish for my tastes. On my enquries I have been asking of the alloys can be swapped for the normal sline alloys and some dealers have said that they could possibly do that with a car they have.
Should/once I order I too would like to change the grill.
Is it this part 8P0 853 651 F 1RR
Also, how difficult was it to change the badge from S3 to Sline. Is it plug and play?
Please provide details.

Does the piano black make the interior too dark?

Yep A8P0 853 651 F1RR is the one I used at 130.30 + vat = £149.85.
The badge isnt a straight swap. I took a new S-Line Grill badge and sanded of the clips from the back. I then sanded the front of the S3 badge back from the front to the back so that I was left with only the clip. I then glued the back of the S3 clip to the back of the Sline badge.

Give me a shout when you come to do it and I will send you a finished version for the price of the badges.

The piano black is an **** to keep clean but I have to say with the silver and the black it looks awesome. Really pleased. Not to dark at all.:cool:

Stunning car mate, an very tastefully specced.

One thing that makes me laugh is how the S-Line specs have got so close to the S3's. You even have a flat bottomed wheel now!! When I initially went to see the S3 and Audi hadn't even been ***** to stitch the S3 logo into the leather seats, it felt a little to close to S-Line territory considering the premium charged - ****** tightwads. On first take I thought yours was an S3!!!

Very nice!

Your absolutely right, I even felt guilty for getting the parts so easily :faint:Audi shouldn’t really make these things so easily available. HOWEVER, I'm so pleased as I couldn’t get away with S3 fuel bill but at least get a little of the stunning looks.

That's gorgeous Hastie! Very nicely done... great interior spec too. I would have been tempted to go for an optik s3 grill or wrapping the chrome surround of that one and leaving the inner bars chrome to match mirrors.... but it looks ****** fantastic either way :icon_thumright: I feel rather jealous, actually! :)

Got the rns-e I got from you going in soon mate...

Enjoy the car... I'm sure you will!

Very tasteful looking car that - changing the alloys draws your eyes away from the all black look which i think is a good thing.

Well done :icon_thumright:

Looks very nice that mate, just like mine! :)

Really nice car! I had, also, the illusion that it was a S3! I'm loving the FBMFSW! Do you have a part number?

Really nice car! I had, also, the illusion that it was a S3! I'm loving the FBMFSW! Do you have a part number?

Thanks, I'm afraid I dont have the part number as the steeing wheel came as part of the black edition package.. I'm sure someone else will let you know.

Good work Hastie .... very tidy!

I have a holiday to pay for, but that S3 grill is beckoning .....

Chris

Edit: I'm too weak .... email sent to my local parts guy!

Congrats Hastie, Looks beautiful! and youyr mods make it look the business!

One question, what black is it? Brilliant or Phantom?

Cheers!

looks like a normal S line, dont you pay a premium for the black edition? why change it to look like all the others?

Hastie - The car looks great! I thought the BE interior would be black but looks light grey in the picture. Is it grey or is the camera playing tricks?

I understand about getting the extras like the Xenons etc. that come on the BE but still seems a strange thing to do.

Really nice car! But just wondering, why didn't you get the black S3 grill? (I mean, with the black surround)

looks like a normal S line, dont you pay a premium for the black edition? why change it to look like all the others?

Some of us like to do mods?.:whistle2:..DTRL, FBMFSW, BOSE and TINTS are all left alone. Wheels and grill made it very dark imo and many others. Thanks for your opinion though.

Hastie - The car looks great! I thought the BE interior would be black but looks light grey in the picture. Is it grey or is the camera playing tricks?

Yeah thats the Canon... Its isnt a dark black however!... get to a dealers and have a look...

The part no. for the S-Line grill badge is 4F0 853 736 A2 ZZ if anyones interested and I fixed mine the same way as Hastie1776. The S3 grill comes complete with the S3 badge so you only need to buy the S-Line one. It cost £13 + VAT which is cheaper than the ones on e-bay. (allot of the badges on e-bay appear to be copies!)

Nice looking Car Hastie1776. Wished I'd gone for the LED's now.

The part no. for the S-Line grill badge is 4F0 853 736 A2 ZZ if anyones interested and I fixed mine the same way as Hastie1776. The S3 grill comes complete with the S3 badge so you only need to buy the S-Line one. It cost £13 + VAT which is cheaper than the ones on e-bay. (allot of the badges on e-bay appear to be copies!)

Nice looking Car Hastie1776. Wished I'd gone for the LED's now.

Hi Mate

Did you manage to swap the grill ok yourself?.. pop some pics on when you get a chance, be good to see it. With regards to the LEDs, its only a matter of time before some decent replicas make it over here. They already have the A4 style versions available the A3. Not sure that works however...

Hastie

Thanks Hastie, I have already posted a picture on SEM's thread but I'll put another here

IMG_1886.jpg

Yes I did it myself, took about 3 hours in the end but I did end up taking both wheels off to make access abit better and then also decided to give the wheels a good clean and sealed them with auto glym wheel sealer