Facelift 09 spec grill questions?

bumble

Phantom Black 09 A3 S-line
Reaction score
Ive managed to damage the grill on my 09 spec facelift a3 sline.

So now ive got a dilema of which grill to go for or leave it as it is and replace it with whats already on. Ive a few quick questions here for those who are in the know with the parts so i hope some one can help me on this.

1. Is the grill on my s-line actually any different to the normall models of facelift a3 (09 spec)?

2. Are there two types of black optics grill. Ie a normall black optics grill then a s3 optics grill? Also anyone know prices / part numbers? Pictures?

3 Does any one have any pictures of the optics grill on a phantom black a3 sline like mine. Or even the chance of any pictures of the black optics s3 grill fitted to a car like mine.

Opinions: Im in two minds whether to replace the grill as is or upgrade to the black optics or even the black s3 optics grill or not what are your thoughts. Im also considering lamin x.

The thing is i do think the current chome grill does match with the chome in the headlights mirrors and fog lights so i dont want to spoil the look and make it like a chvved up ricer, whats people thoughts.

Ive also seen sems car where hes fitted the chome s3 gril which looked nice but im finding ith ard to image what the black optics version would be like

Many thanks for all your advice.

DSC00439EDIT.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00437EDIT.jpg

Also does any one know if the aluminuim bumper re enforcer is the same as the 2006 model a3?

Please check with fitment but I have a 09 grill sat in my garage from a brand new Black edition delivered yesterday!.I'm about to advertise it, if your interested give me a shout.

This is the blacked out version with gloss black instead of chrome.

Someone will be along shortly to say if it fits or not....

Yes ive just seen your pics of your new s3 grill :), what does the old "black edition" grill look like ive not actually seen one, does it still have the chrome around the edge?

please pm me a price

thanks

can any one help me on this?

bumble: get the S3 black grill!

hastie: sell me your black grill!

8P0 853 651 K 1QP Chrome surround
8P0 853 651 K VMZ Black surround
8P0 853 651 F VMZ S3 with black surround

i quite like the chrome, but i like the black center part, im thinking could i do a combination of the two?