Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

170PS increasing to 204PS ?

Hi I'm new here,

I'm a big fan of Audi and have had my A3 170 Sportback for just over a year now. Love the look and love to drive but I'm considering increasing the bhp a bit.

Someone I work with has suggested one of these... http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/...+TDI+170PS+DPF

Would anyone recommend this? Also does it work well for the price, Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Richie

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Not heard of that company myself, i would recommend Will @ P-Torque.co.uk for any mapping really good service and prices (think Frenchy has had him map his A3) I shall be making a trip up there in a few months i think for my car.

EDIT: just looked through there site and they offer the tuning box type maps are far inferior to the maps that are flashed on to the car through the OBD II port.
    Last edited by mhill; 28th May 2009 at 13:46.
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

4th Gear

Status
    If your going to tune your motor get a proper remap done not just a bolt on tuning box. The 170 is a fairly complex motor and needs to be tuned properly or you could be running into all sorts of problems.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

2nd Gear

Status
    Have a look at the Chipped UK ST3. That offers a choice of 3 maps on one device that you can change yourself. I think there may be a GB on it at 299.

I can't say I've got it myself so can't "recommend" it as such but there's lots of members who have. Anyway, it's worth you looking into it and making your own mind up.
    A3 2.0TDI 170 Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the repsonse guys, I've got a problem with the fact that the car is leased so I need a removable option really, if it's gonna run me into any problems I might give it a miss.

2nd Gear

Status
    You should find that the ST3 doesn't add to the flash counter although that was a point of debate at one time. The ST3 stores the original map so you can put it back to standard at any time.
    A3 2.0TDI 170 Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Dave, I suppose I would have to change this back everytime I go for a service though. I'm gonna have a hunt around I think.

2nd Gear

Status
    I suppose putting it back to standard would be the safest option, yes. It's fairly easy from what I understand with the ST3. There's also Bluefin as well, which seems to be a similar gadget.
    A3 2.0TDI 170 Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Not heard of that company myself, i would recommend Will @ P-Torque.co.uk for any mapping really good service and prices (think Frenchy has had him map his A3) I shall be making a trip up there in a few months i think for my car.

EDIT: just looked through there site and they offer the tuning box type maps are far inferior to the maps that are flashed on to the car through the OBD II port.
    I also recommend Will at P Torque.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott1andrews View Post
    I also recommend Will at P Torque.
    Whats he done of yours?
    2009- Phantom Black A3 S Line Black Edt 2.0T
    2008 - 2009 Emocian red Seat Ibiza FR TDi running p-torque stage 1 (STOLEN)
    2005 - 2008 Black Magic 1.4 Seat Ibiza Sport (PX ed)

1st Gear

Status
    I've got the ST3 and it is very good. I recommend it, changing the maps is a doddle and the difference is very noticable.
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Whats he done of yours?
    Just remapped it mate.

A3 2.0TDI 170bhp PhantomBlack

Status
    With DPF 204 is the target limit you can touch, and needs to be done really good, or you could damage you resistences and the gas sensor.
    2007 Audi A3 | MB POWERED | ECS TAI | Eibach Pro-Kit | 6000k & Leds | Vag-Com Coded
    Custom DeCat Exhaust 2,5'' | Nitroplus | RNS-E w/2010 AN

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure on that tuning box on the 170 but the company DTUK are ok to deal with I've had them trading on my car forums for awhile now tuning diesel vauxhalls.
    Si

2009-Current | Porsche Boxster 2.7

2007-2009 | Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line

2005-2007 | Audi A3 1.6FSI Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    have the st3 on my 170 A4 for nearly a year now and its been perfect,can't fault it at all.only takes a short time to change maps plus the unit can be used to read fault codes etc as well.
    when you consider i paid 550 quid to get my last car remapped"sti scoob"the st3 is a revelation for what you pay in a group buy.when i sell my car i will return the car to normal and either sell the unit or buy my next maps for the next motor.