170PS increasing to 204PS ?

richiebarthez

Reaction score
Not heard of that company myself, i would recommend Will @ P-Torque.co.uk for any mapping really good service and prices (think Frenchy has had him map his A3) I shall be making a trip up there in a few months i think for my car.

EDIT: just looked through there site and they offer the tuning box type maps are far inferior to the maps that are flashed on to the car through the OBD II port.

If your going to tune your motor get a proper remap done not just a bolt on tuning box. The 170 is a fairly complex motor and needs to be tuned properly or you could be running into all sorts of problems.

Have a look at the Chipped UK ST3. That offers a choice of 3 maps on one device that you can change yourself. I think there may be a GB on it at £299.

I can't say I've got it myself so can't "recommend" it as such but there's lots of members who have. Anyway, it's worth you looking into it and making your own mind up.

Thanks for the repsonse guys, I've got a problem with the fact that the car is leased so I need a removable option really, if it's gonna run me into any problems I might give it a miss.

You should find that the ST3 doesn't add to the flash counter although that was a point of debate at one time. The ST3 stores the original map so you can put it back to standard at any time.

Thanks Dave, I suppose I would have to change this back everytime I go for a service though. I'm gonna have a hunt around I think.

I suppose putting it back to standard would be the safest option, yes. It's fairly easy from what I understand with the ST3. There's also Bluefin as well, which seems to be a similar gadget.

Not heard of that company myself, i would recommend Will @ P-Torque.co.uk for any mapping really good service and prices (think Frenchy has had him map his A3) I shall be making a trip up there in a few months i think for my car.

EDIT: just looked through there site and they offer the tuning box type maps are far inferior to the maps that are flashed on to the car through the OBD II port.

I also recommend Will at P Torque.

I've got the ST3 and it is very good. I recommend it, changing the maps is a doddle and the difference is very noticable.

Not sure on that tuning box on the 170 but the company DTUK are ok to deal with I've had them trading on my car forums for awhile now tuning diesel vauxhalls.

have the st3 on my 170 A4 for nearly a year now and its been perfect,can't fault it at all.only takes a short time to change maps plus the unit can be used to read fault codes etc as well.
when you consider i paid 550 quid to get my last car remapped"sti scoob"the st3 is a revelation for what you pay in a group buy.when i sell my car i will return the car to normal and either sell the unit or buy my next maps for the next motor.