Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Milltek - Res/Non Res Full Res/Full Non Res

Hey guys, in the next week or so i'm going to order a Milltek Exhaust system for mt 2.0TDi, but dont know the ins and outs. I dont want a really loud sounding car after, but dont mind a bit of a nice 'genuine' roar when i put my foot down. Basically nothing that sounds way over the top for what it is, but what will give best performance.

Ive also seen sellers say 'large bore downpipe' and 'hi-flow cat', do these offer an improvement?

Looking on eBay there are 4 types i can see-:
    CATBACK NON RES
    CATBACK RES
    FULL NON RES
    FULL RESONATED

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the outcome that i'm looking for?

And finally, i've only been a member here for a short while, and would like to thank everyone who gives there time to help others out, it's been an amazing help with my first Audi!
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    None of the millteks are loud to be honest even on petrols and on diesels its the same,go for the full non res system,large bore to help with better spooling and less choking from gasses plus also helps keep turbo gas temps down,diesels dont really have a cat on them anyway just a soot cannister and its not illegal or wont fail an mot with it off,get it done mate that and the remap best thing you can do on them you wont be sorry,where you based mate cos someone might do you an offer on them both

5th Gear

Status
    sorry to hijack but on a similar subject, what can I do with my common rail (09 plate) 2.0 tdi 140 after a remap to improve performance? it's already remapped and I don't know where to go next - been considering a milltek but really don't know....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leach76 View Post
    None of the millteks are loud to be honest even on petrols and on diesels its the same,go for the full non res system,large bore to help with better spooling and less choking from gasses plus also helps keep turbo gas temps down,diesels dont really have a cat on them anyway just a soot cannister and its not illegal or wont fail an mot with it off,get it done mate that and the remap best thing you can do on them you wont be sorry,where you based mate cos someone might do you an offer on them both
    Oright so whats the difference in the four listed above? So i need to go for full non res, would that include the down pipe? And then also buy the large bore pipe to go with it?

Im in Southend, Essex.

Cheers
    Audi A3 2.0TDi S-Line - Bose - AMD Remap - Pipercross Performance air filter - RNS-e Retrofit - RS4 style Alloys

6th Gear

Status
    Full non res, not loud at all just a better sound than standard and almost petrol like on full boost, I've done this mod twice and would do it again without hesitation.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

2nd Gear

Status
    Basically mate if you for a exhaust whats resonated its going to have the cannister on which still chokes the flow of the gases(so leave off)and if you just go cat,cannister back the bit you have just bought will be a smaller bore diameter,so frt part smaller still restricting the flow~ie going from small out of the turbo where needs the warm gases away from quick into a bigger bore after cannister/cat(which you dont need)just go full non-res system mate

2nd Gear

Status
    cheers for the reply guys. And finally, is eBay cheapest for these?

thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    maybe but ring the stockist on the sites sponsers also matey