Revo Stage 2+ with KMD fuel pump internals from JBS

Well ive run some vag com logs and the most mine pulls is 1.3 bar which seems a bit low or is it cos the intake temps were 38 degrees? is there any way of checking the operation of the dv using the wastegate duty cycle figures in vag com?

I think that's just GIAC - which is less "boost-y" and more linear in nature than Revo. I'm sure someone else did Vagcom logs with GIAC and got 1.3 also. If I find the thread I'll post it up. Doesn't mean GIAC is slower than Revo (before a GIAC v Revo row erupts) - just that it delivers power in a slightly different way.

Its a 2 minute job to pop the DV off and check it for leaks/tears. I don't think its going to be that though.

I suppose as long as actual boost follows requested boost then it must just be how giac works. i'll check that next.

I suppose as long as actual boost follows requested boost then it must just be how giac works. i'll check that next.

If that isn't happening then you do have a problem (boost leak, DV problems, etc.)

Intersting thread you've kicked off here Warren....

Anyway, Down pipe and custom centre - that'll be me then - and like said before, the DP and sports cats allow burnt gasses to be released more effectively reducing temp's... effectively better for the set up of the car. In terms of gains, it has deffo made a difference though, and remember I'm running the GIAC Hammer file which adapts as the mod's go on.
The car spools up far more effectively and gives 30lb/ft more torque from 2500rpm to 4000rpm and higher headline figures. Just goes to prove, you don't need to go to the expense of a full system.
I do think my car is torque shy though - always has been lower than many others :(

Really interesting that Revo say the CAI and Exhaust aren't needed... does beg the question what the purpose of the Stage 2 file is though?
Hi mate just came across this thread , and i am thinking anout just changing my downpipe and cat and keeping the standard cat back exhaust and going stage 2+ , did you notice any noise increase in doing this?

Cheers

Rob.

I doubt it would be much louder as I have the full system and this is only louder under hard load and on initial cold start up.

In hindsight I'd be tempted to give it a go with downpipe only next time around and save a few quid if you encounter any problems it can always be retro-fitted.

Having spent some time following Jamiekip I can tell you that the DP & Sport CAT combo is definately louder and sounds great in a civilised manner. How much louder than TBE I don't know.