Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1st Gear

Status
    Well ive run some vag com logs and the most mine pulls is 1.3 bar which seems a bit low or is it cos the intake temps were 38 degrees? is there any way of checking the operation of the dv using the wastegate duty cycle figures in vag com?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I think that's just GIAC - which is less "boost-y" and more linear in nature than Revo. I'm sure someone else did Vagcom logs with GIAC and got 1.3 also. If I find the thread I'll post it up. Doesn't mean GIAC is slower than Revo (before a GIAC v Revo row erupts) - just that it delivers power in a slightly different way.

Its a 2 minute job to pop the DV off and check it for leaks/tears. I don't think its going to be that though.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

5th Gear

Status
    Here's that thread I was on about Block - 1.3 bar with GIAC Hammer File:
    http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread...st+giac&page=2
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    ive had a look at that thread iggu but i still feel its a little low at 1.3 bar boost, it would be interesting to here jonnys thoughts on this or revo carls?
    i might give jim at star a bell and see what he thinks it should boost to.

block.

4th Gear

Status
    Iggu - when I see you on the 7th, lets run some checks on my car with GIAC too... see what that holds.

I agree with your comment about Revo and GIAC - both great products delivering a similar result, but no doubt achieved in very different ways

1st Gear

Status
    Hi

How do i read HP and Boost in my vag-com ??
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane1967 View Post
    Hi

How do i read HP and Boost in my vag-com ??
    Boost is measuring block 115 - you can't read HP.

1st Gear

Status
    Boost is measuring block 115 - you can't read HP.

Thank you
    Audi RS3 2012, Black, Black optik, Recaro, Satnav

1st Gear

Status
    I suppose as long as actual boost follows requested boost then it must just be how giac works. i'll check that next.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by block View Post
    I suppose as long as actual boost follows requested boost then it must just be how giac works. i'll check that next.
    If that isn't happening then you do have a problem (boost leak, DV problems, etc.)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    Intersting thread you've kicked off here Warren....

Anyway, Down pipe and custom centre - that'll be me then - and like said before, the DP and sports cats allow burnt gasses to be released more effectively reducing temp's... effectively better for the set up of the car. In terms of gains, it has deffo made a difference though, and remember I'm running the GIAC Hammer file which adapts as the mod's go on.
    The car spools up far more effectively and gives 30lb/ft more torque from 2500rpm to 4000rpm and higher headline figures. Just goes to prove, you don't need to go to the expense of a full system.
    I do think my car is torque shy though - always has been lower than many others

Really interesting that Revo say the CAI and Exhaust aren't needed... does beg the question what the purpose of the Stage 2 file is though?
    Hi mate just came across this thread , and i am thinking anout just changing my downpipe and cat and keeping the standard cat back exhaust and going stage 2+ , did you notice any noise increase in doing this?

Cheers

Rob.

6th Gear

Status
    I doubt it would be much louder as I have the full system and this is only louder under hard load and on initial cold start up.

In hindsight I'd be tempted to give it a go with downpipe only next time around and save a few quid if you encounter any problems it can always be retro-fitted.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

4th Gear

Status
    Having spent some time following Jamiekip I can tell you that the DP & Sport CAT combo is definately louder and sounds great in a civilised manner. How much louder than TBE I don't know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12