Build complete - shipment waiting

naimaiqbal

Reaction score
Hiya Guys..

I ordered my A3 S line on 13th March 2009 .. I was told today by the dealer that the build is complete and its now awaiting shipment.. He said it should be with me in 3 weeks.. That just sounds like ages for delivery..

If anyone knows.. wats the standard time I should expect delivery after its been built.. I have been without a car for 10 weeks! thats like ages!

Ordered: A3 Sline, Ibis White, Black Styling Kit! I dont think it needed anything else! Lush!

Replies to the shipment would be great!

It can depend exactly when the ship carrying your car leaves Northern Germany. Assuming your car was built at the Ingolstadt plant, the car is taken to Bremerhaven in Northern Germany by train. From there it is loaded on a ship for the UK. For the Midlands and the North the cars arrive at Immingham docks near Grimsby. For the South and South West they arrive at Sheerness. From there it is taken by road transporter to your dealer, who carries out the PDI etc.

In my case I ordered my new Sportback on 19 February. It was built at Ingolstadt during week beginning 13 April. It arrived at Immingham on 21 April and arrived at my dealers 2 days later. I collected it on 28 April.

Thanks mate!

Well Im hoping it arrives soon! it feels as tho its taken so long already! So wat did u order??

good luck mate! I live in Hong Kong and my s3 sb was made in week 8 and the expected arrival date is end of June! when I placed the order in April, the salesman said it should arrive in mid May...

Lucky... hope you enjoy. Week 28 for me... :sorry: