TD Equinox?

SunnyDlite

Six speed Shimano
Reaction score
Almost ordered a set of these after checking out a set earlier today...

equinox_black.jpg

Team Dynamics Equinox in 18s but Matt Black rather than gloss

£799 inc tyres but they on back order cuz they didnt have any in stock

Was i about to make a mistake??

Silver rims, black inners & a red car, not sure mate, I would have got completely black tbh.

i thought the chrome made them stand out a little but saying that ive got a black grille im about to put on to get rid of the chrome surround on the front end...

Yeah if your guna get rid of the chrome grill for the optics then I'd got for some all black alloys mate!

sorry chaps with the lack of replies ive been fighting with my car for the last couple hours... but it now has 1 of these bad boys on the front!!!

img4300a.jpg

read a guide which said 20 mins.... im 1 of the lucky ones who had his grille screwed on with metal screws through and behind where the number plate goes...

anyways...

them BBS CH's yeah?

how much would they set me back?

dont really fancy spending over a grand for rims alone if i gotta get decent rubber on them too

18" @ £599 for the reps inc 'performance' tyres... whatever those are.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-BBS-REPLICA-ALLOY-WHEELS-AUDI-TT-2006-TYRES_W0QQitemZ400049888729QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET?hash=item5d24d4ddd9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

I'd speculate the originals would be around £1200+ inc tyres on an 18... They're definitely the way forward with your colour though mate!

says £699 but still at just over half the price its a good price

but i dont want to order replicas without seeing them in the flesh

saw a few audi replicas yesterday and most looked pants

Hi mate,

there are definitely some exceptional bbs ch reps in black.... in fact bbs had to send out a note to suppliers as the black ch's with red stripe were being passed off as originals as they were that good.... now happen upon a pair of those ones and your in the game. As they have been exposed now, I am sure they will be priced correctly.

The way to distinguish between them is the size of the center cap that has the 'BBS' logo on it... can't remember the correct size, but if you do a google search you'll find the info.

I was going to get some and have them resprayed in Lava grey, keeping the red pin stripe, still may or the New RS6 alloys.

Good luck whatever ya go with, be sure to post some pics up.

sorry chaps with the lack of replies ive been fighting with my car for the last couple hours... but it now has 1 of these bad boys on the front!!!

img4300a.jpg

read a guide which said 20 mins.... im 1 of the lucky ones who had his grille screwed on with metal screws through and behind where the number plate goes...

anyways...

them BBS CH's yeah?

how much would they set me back?

dont really fancy spending over a grand for rims alone if i gotta get decent rubber on them too

i like that spoiler mate!!!
where did you get it and how much please!!!

Luckily i got it with the car when i got it

Its part of the Votex kit from audi, (also got the sideskirts, rear diffuser and rear spoiler)

audi sell the front splitter for £245 on their site...

http://accessories.audi.co.uk/accessories/details.do?accessoryId=488

thats the price for unpainted

im sure you can find it cheaper on the bay

just make sure you get it properly colour matched... seen it on a few cars where it looks shyte

Are you going to paint your rings black sunny? I think that would look cool...btw what wheels did you decide on? Finally lets have some more pics of your motor to see if we can't help you spend some more dosh :) seems to be a skill you quickly aqauire round these parts lol!

As soon as i clipped in the new grille i thought about the rings.... :/

i might just paint the rings on my old one and swap them when i get a chance

atleast that way i wont have to drive around lookin as if ive been robbed while the rings dry out

i still havent decided on rims... ive been thinkin of bbs ch's and as beautiful as they are i think i might get something different as ive seen too many of them about on a3/s3s (although none with the red stripe)

This pic annoys me because heres both styles

010508330cdm30381024x76ou8.jpg

i still quite like the look of the chrome surround on the rims... maybe i can justify them as audi rings :think:

as for pics of my car... ill try to get a couple shots of it from all angles when im back from work

I hear you on the CH's. Although there's a good reason for that, obviously... They are the sh*t! :) Although I also hear ya about being individual, I think that's where you might be ok with the ch's as there are very few with the red stripe ( I have seen anyway). Just look how sweet they look on the M3! Spray your calipers red and BAM! Sweet....

I'll have a look around at some other rims 4 you, fourtitude forums is a good place to look as there are many res a3's on there.

yeah i found 1 in particular on fortitude, looked the mutts, and it had bbs ch's on but just black

got it saved on my lappy but hes got a massive pics thread dedicated to it :)

and a quick photoshop later....

bbsch.jpg

appologies for the masses of dead flies on the front...

just went out and took a photo as it stands cuz i couldnt find anything decent with the new grille in

not sure if i like them tbh...

Hmmm, they look ok, but I am not sure either.... maybe in all black they would look better or maybe it's just the photoshop??

I'm quite fond of these right now... and think they would look great in black!

a33.jpg

sv400012.jpg

my.php
:hubbahubba:
my.php

i think its just the red stripe which makes them look a little tacky

what are those rims you posted pics of?

they look cool

They are from the A5 mate, very nice on that A3... Seen them in black today on a white A5. Looked great!

Hmmm, they look ok, but I am not sure either.... maybe in all black they would look better or maybe it's just the photoshop??

I'm quite fond of these right now... and think they would look great in black!

a33.jpg

sv400012.jpg

That is seriously hot!, have they left the S3 badge on though with s line side badges?.....Looks like the grill has been changed between both pictures?.

probably wont get them in reps though?

and im sure they are serious moola from audi