And I thought the RS4 grill was not supposed to fit our bumper!

~RS~

Reaction score
Seems this guy has made it work! Where there's a will there's a way!! Need to get my one sorted now, awaiting call back from parts dept... Strange... as I have been debating buying one and getting the mesh out, cutting to fit the OG A3 grill, but this would really be cool if it fits, with a little modding (grill RRP is circa £135 btw). I think he's mutilated some RS4 fog surrounds for their mesh too... I likeee!

domingo9.jpg

domingo4.jpg

Any info on what's under the bonnet? It does say RS3 on that grill doesn't it?? :confused:

I'm waiting for the guy to pm me back on fourtitude... he has 4 exhausts... maybe it's for show?

domingo10.jpg

You can clearly see the gap which is what we've been saying for ages, I personally cant stand the gap there & with the already existing gaps manufacturers give us on new cars even supercars I wouldnt want a bigger one, gap that is

Shhhhhhhhhhhh dont say RS3 aloud or Jamie will be along & all hell will break

lol, either way still looks decent!

You got a link to all these pics?!

You can clearly see the gap which is what we've been saying for ages, I personally cant stand the gap there & with the already existing gaps manufacturers give us on new cars even supercars I wouldnt want a bigger one, gap that is

Shhhhhhhhhhhh dont say RS3 aloud or Jamie will be along & all hell will break

is this the gap at the top of the grill or the gap at the bottom??

Yeah you can see it clearer here, same effect of gap anyway even if different car, the RS4 grill gap is alot worse & this image alone makes me think urrgghh:

PS. Will reply later to your PM, havnt forgotten mate.

3500367858_d9b243a327_b.jpg

How come the car in the pic you posted has this gap? That looks like an S-line with a standard S-line grill??:think:

Hey thats what I thought, but thats so mate, seen number of slines like this tbh, imagine that gap now take a closer look at that RS grill now & tell me you wouldnt get hacked of everytime looking at your car with that on, I know it would annoy the feck out of me.

That's weird about the S-line's and that gap....
Re- the RS4 grill... What about on an pre 09' S3 bumper as these have smaller grills anyway, maybe it would fit then?

glad i saw this post!!
just bought a new black grille for my a3 today (as the grey stock 1 looks pants)
Red car with black grille looks nice

Cant stand that number plate trim, its sticks out to far, prefer stock part on grill, nice & flat

Cheers marksport! He's done quite a bit to it for sure...

Thanks alot for the close ups of grill etc, what exhaust is that he used?

NHN I think the RS4 might fit a pre S3 bumper for sure the gap at the top looks roughly the same as the gap that is left at the bottom when fitting an S3 grill on an S-line bumper.

As seen here...

23102008667.jpg

The gap at top is bigger & far more noticeable mate, really would be, I've seen a B7 of my mates who did something similar & 1st thing I noticed was the gap & it ruined the whole front of the car cause it really is the 1st thing you see & you cant ignore it either.

Must say nice looking A3. The exhausts dont look as bad as i thought they would, but each to there own. Are those MTM alloys? Or am i seeing things? Only thing which Nigel and Nate pointed out is that gap. It would do my heading....Every time i looked at the front of my car. And it pretty clear aswell.
If there was some way you could sort that out look spot on! I do like the grill a lot mind.
RS how you getting on with yours?

Thanks

Ashley

Seems this guy has made it work! Where there's a will there's a way!! Need to get my one sorted now, awaiting call back from parts dept... Strange... as I have been debating buying one and getting the mesh out, cutting to fit the OG A3 grill, but this would really be cool if it fits, with a little modding (grill RRP is circa £135 btw). I think he's mutilated some RS4 fog surrounds for their mesh too... I likeee!

Is that how much the rs4 grill costs? Or am i not understanding right?

So can you order the RS4 grille separately (without the surround)?
And what about the fog light surround?
Anyone care to offer part nos/prices?
Could be a nice little cut'n'shut project...

RS4 grill inc matt chrome surround - £171 (inc vat) No discount ;)
Here's a bargain... RS4 mesh fog surrounds - £16.60 each!

maars, I was told that you cannot order the mesh separately, tried when I was doing my grill. If you could though I would order the RS6 mesh as the number plate holder is much cooler on that!

2009-audi-rs6-21_460x0w.jpg

Nice one RS. Do you have part nos?

No part no's.... sorry dude. If you call with an RS4 reg (from somewhere like Audi's own website... cough cough) then Audi, I am sure, will provide you with them.

BTW maars, do you have any pics of your car posted anywhere.... I'd like a closer look at your wheels.

Here you go RS http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44212 thread regarding maars alloys may i add they look really good on the car and quite a nice car aswell.

Never even spotted that photo below that was the s-line bumper and s3 grill i had but gone now.

Hope that thread helps

Ashley

Cheers marksport! He's done quite a bit to it for sure...

Thanks alot for the close ups of grill etc, what exhaust is that he used?

NHN I think the RS4 might fit a pre S3 bumper for sure the gap at the top looks roughly the same as the gap that is left at the bottom when fitting an S3 grill on an S-line bumper.

As seen here...

23102008667.jpg

No part no's.... sorry dude. If you call with an RS4 reg (from somewhere like Audi's own website... cough cough) then Audi, I am sure, will provide you with them.

BTW maars, do you have any pics of your car posted anywhere.... I'd like a closer look at your wheels.

Got the part nos...
Grille - 8E0 853 651 L @ £189.08 (£328 for the new RS6 grille!!)
Fog light surrounds - 8E0 807 681/682 E @ £16.47

Here's a pic for you...
Image046_2.jpg