Armrest measurement

A

aythree

Just a quickie....

I'm toying with the idea of buying and fitting an armrest to my Sport, but looking at photos of A3's with armrests it looks like it sits quite high. Maybe too high for me to drive and change gears comfortably.

Was wondering if somebody with one already fitted could tell me the measurement from the centre bit it fits into, to the top of the arm rest. (see below pic).

armrest.jpg

Cheers

I havnt got chance to get measurements just yet but trust me mate its not to high cause it does lower more than that, its on a ratchet system to set the level which I hate, preferred the push button in to lower as on some 8L's & the B6/7, changing gear is fine, my seats also in lowest position aswell & it doesnt affect me with the dsg gearknob which I can gauge from this what its like for manual users.

I havnt got chance to get measurements just yet but trust me mate its not to high cause it does lower more than that, its on a ratchet system to set the level which I hate, preferred the push button in to lower as on some 8L's & the B6/7, changing gear is fine, my seats also in lowest position aswell & it doesnt affect me with the dsg gearknob which I can gauge from this what its like for manual users.

Thanks for that mate.
Reason the height worried me was because I sit quite low, and being a driver who keeps his hand on the gear stick 90% of the time my arm is already very close (maybe an inch or so) to the centre bit between my seats.
Could probably sit a bit higher but just want to know the space I've got to work with before I spend all that dough on an armrest.

Didn't realise you could adjust the height of the armrest though. That helps :thumbsup:

No worries, yeah the front drops down as far as possible to sit at a height which is absolutely fine for constant gearknob usage & actually to low, so just raise according to your liking, I wont be without one these days mate, no where to stick my arm & no suggestions either lads.

No worries, yeah the front drops down as far as possible to sit at a height which is absolutely fine for constant gearknob usage & actually to low, so just raise according to your liking, I wont be without one these days mate, no where to stick my arm & no suggestions either lads.

Did yours come with an armrest already fitted, or did you retrofit?

Seen the odd retrofit guide, but the thought of cutting a hole in my interior brings me out in a cold sweat!! :(

Mine came with but I've retro'd my previous S3 & S4 & it was exactly the same method, infact the S3 was alot harder cause of the angle & design of the hex bolts, but the 8P is a doddle, just take ashtray/storage tray from rear of the console out, offer up the armrest to the top of the console where it goes down into, slowly & patiently cut it out, maybe do it smaller at 1st to then trim it of more if at 1st it doesnt quite fit so no huge gaps, slide into place & bolt down, simplessssssssssssss

Mine came with but I've retro'd my previous S3 & S4 & it was exactly the same method, infact the S3 was alot harder cause of the angle & design of the hex bolts, but the 8P is a doddle, just take ashtray/storage tray from rear of the console out, offer up the armrest to the top of the console where it goes down into, slowly & patiently cut it out, maybe do it smaller at 1st to then trim it of more if at 1st it doesnt quite fit so no huge gaps, slide into place & bolt down, simplessssssssssssss

Still sweating!! :unsure:

:)

Anxiety is part of the human makeup mate, just get it done you wuss, lol