RS3 spotted testing at the Nurburgring-Pics!

How much do you reckon they will sell for?

Car magazine states that the RS3 will be revealed at the 2010 Geneva Auto show...they're rarely wrong on these rumours.

On the 8P?? It's due for replacement soon.

Could be one way of Audi's keeping up the interest in the 8P until the new A3 arrives in 2011/12.

Nope, i'd buy a B8 S4.

Watch the options on that though.. tick the 'must have' boxes for diff, dampers, etc and you're not far off £50k
RS3 would have to be c£35k, plus a couple of £000 on options, so £37k. I'd spend that.
I think it will deffo come on the 8P chassis, as mentioned, marketing move to keep interest in the 8P until it is replaced.

I know, it can get very pricey, very quickly, so it wouldn't be a new one.

a 3 doors model always looks a sportier car imho so I'd start there first. :beerchug:

I agree, just winding Andy up.
I guess historically, the RS models have always come in Avant/Estate/Sportback form.

All the other RS models are 4 door Apart from the TT-RS & RS4 Cab, but the main model is 4 door, the main S3 model has always been 3 doors so it stands to reason the RS3 would be!

Avants have always launched first:
RS2 - Avant only
B5 RS4 - Avant only
C5 RS6 - Avant first then saloon
B7 RS4 - Avant first then saloon and cab
C6 RS6 - Avant first then saloon

At a guess, I'd say IF the RS3 comes, it'll be sportback first then hatch (if at all!).
For the record i'd prefer the hatch ;)

I just hope they don't chicken out and make it out of the exsisting body...RS models NEEDS flared arches. "They began nicely with the S3 8L, lost their balls with the S3 8P and now they can make it even with the RS3 8P.."

I just hope they don't chicken out and make it out of the exsisting body...RS models NEEDS flared arches. "They began nicely with the S3 8L, lost their balls with the S3 8P and now they can make it even with the RS3 8P.."

I agree with you, and I think that could be on the cards. Look closely at the front arches in these pics, ther are rolled out, highligting a wider track?
Compare them to the standard rear arches, they have a flat vertical element on the arch...

car_photo_304967_25.jpg

audi-rs3-prototype-at-nurburgring_4.jpg

Still doesn't look especially different in a 5 door :noway: