2.0 fsi remap/tuning

gixxer600k4

Reaction score
i have been looking at getting a new exhaust and remap, i know i only have the 2.0 fsi and i know power gains are extremely limited but i just want a bit more power, i don't have the money for a new car so i've decided to stick with the one i got at the moment for a few more years, make it look nice and i have also decided that i want a lil bit more power n low down torque. AMD claim to offer 20 bhp increase n 15 nm torque with the remap and exhaust. some places offer a bigger gain on the remap such as http://www.supertuning.co.uk/audi-a3-2-0-fsi-150-remap-54.html who offer 14 bhp and 16 nm torque on just the remap. is it worth getting the exhausts from AMD and getting a remap elsewhere?

also, milltek don't make an exhaust for my type engine, why do AMD say they will fit a milltek, will they be using the parts from a TBE?

what do u guys think? i know some of you will say save up and i have been thinking that, but since i put the new alloys on, say in 3rd just tootling around, when i put my foot down, nothing happens, need a lil more torque n power

cheers

EDIT: http://aatechnik-px.rtrk.co.uk/cars/Audi/A3/Audi+A3+2.0+FSI+150+/1889531365 these people claim 14bhp increase n 20 nm increase

Staz - the sig genuinely scares me... I may not sleep ;)
Where do you find these things anyway???

With regards exhausts - have you tried contacting someone like exhausts uk, who pretty much fabricate the whole thing from scratch? They may be able to help, or maybe contact Milltek direct... they maybe willing to help. Try speaking with Charlie if you call them - he seems to know what he's talking about.

Blazin - don't start some conspiracy theory - I know how much you love them ;)

Gixxer how much do they want for that remap? It's probably a lot of money for not a lot. You should do the 7 day trial thing and see how you feel.

Honestly, does it really matter if there is the odd missing comma, capital letter, whatever? :rolleyes:

Back on topic. They are reasonably heavy cars so I'm not sure you will really feel that much difference for the outlay (best part of a grand for both?) You may end up being a bit dissappointed with the end result.

You could always see if AMD will be happy to refund and remove it if you think the remap is a bit ****.

cheers NHN and STAZ for trying to keep to the Original Post, Laugh Out Loud (don't want to use any abbreviations incase i get told off again)

what do you guys think bout the remap n all?

STAZ: all they say about price, is, prices start at 225, so that could be for a small engines car or anything, not sure, i will email them and let you know, they seem like a pretty legit company!

cheers NHN and STAZ for trying to keep to the Original Post, Laugh Out Loud (don't want to use any abbreviations incase i get told off again)

what do you guys think bout the remap n all?

STAZ: all they say about price, is, prices start at 225, so that could be for a small engines car or anything, not sure, i will email them and let you know, they seem like a pretty legit company!

a remap is probably worth the punt but dont expect massive results.

cheers STAZ. and yea i try not to use text speech, i may sometimes say u instead of you and i do try to correct myself, I sometimes miss the odd one or two but i do try, we can only try our best.

but anyway............. remap and exhaust......... thoughts anyone!

As staz said - see if you can run a trial on the remap to guage how you feel about it.
The problem with N/A cars is that the gains are always more marginal, and it tends to be hardware that give better gains (manifold, cats, Exhaust, cams, Intake...etc). A chip simply won't give you the % increase that you see in a turbo'd car.

If you can get a trial and you like it, then it's money well spent!
If you can't feel the differene, then you've saved yourself a bit of cash ;)

yea, the company i spoke about earlier, they do a 7 day money back, i've been looking into exhausts, emailed milltek stating that AMD do a milltek exhaust for my car, but milltek themselves, don't do one.

can anyone shed some light on why AMD sell a milltek when milltek dont produce one for my car?!

I would suggest you ring Shaun in Essex or Simon in Surrey & ask them rather than us speculating like numpties, lol

Reactions: Lee Hines
it's too much money and little power gains, but if you want to do it, then it's a remap, air filter. don't think that the exhaust gonna make some gain. unless you de-cat it.

there was guy on here already that had remap on the N/A 2.0, said he felt no improvement in power, maybe just a bit smoother. Said it wasn't worth the money.

It might be worth getting a trial remap and seeing what it does, and go with it if the results are ok.

Otherwise, rather than spending on an exhaust, remap, induction, potentially other mods its probably worth saving your money and putting it towards a 2.0T. Bare in mind it will be dead money as well. you wont get it back when selling the car.

Or you could go down the forced induction route. are there any supercharger kits for the 2.0fsi? (There are for the 3.2) That could be fun, and something different :eyebrows:

Or you could go down the forced induction route. are there any supercharger kits for the 2.0fsi? (There are for the 3.2) That could be fun, and something different :eyebrows:

Not worth it IMHO. The internals of the 2.0 TFSI are different to the FSI so you're not even going to end up with a TFSI equivilant.

yea, for me to go to forced induction, i'll need to replace all the internals. from my knowledge of tuning i know that a N/A will see very little gains, I just, like said earlier, want a little bit more.

they want £250 for the remap, i can do a 7 do trial on it so i'll be doing that.

regarding the exhaust, i mainly want it to sounds a bit more like an engine, its so quiet, I want it to sound like there is an engine under the bonnet!!!! lol i was looking at the abt back box, but if im willing to pay, say £250 for the back box, then I may go all the way n fit a full n hope to see a little bit of gain.

i'd love to fit a turbo charger, that, for me, is the best sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq58m4IZvQE dont know why i like it so much tho. what is the reason it whines so much??????