Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Speed doesn't Kill!

Status

What should I be looking to pay? I WANT AN A3!!

Hello,

Cut a long story short, I currently have a MK4 Golf GT TDi and am looking for something a little newer and quicker. I hate the MK5 golf's shape but want the engine and I absolutely love the shape and interior of the A3, so its the obvious choice (The insurance is also less than my golf atm).

I am looking for a 2.0TDi S-Line DSG 140PS obviously from 2003 onwards.

What sort of money do these go for because there are a few around but they seem to range from 6.5k - 18k depending on year and spec.

Any other advice on where to find one on the cheap is muchly appreciated. I have around 8k - 9k to spend is that optimistic?

Cheers
    Joe

Click above for my A3 Build thread!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Wai-Fan's Instagram Channel
    I think for 8k to 9k you can probably easily afford a decent 2003 on A3. Think you should have a look on Autotrader, quite a few examples there. You can also try the Audi Approved but I doubt there will be any there as they usually have the better examples.

Anyways, here's a few I found that seem to be alright.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...icleRegLetter=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=04

I personally wouldn't go for this one, as it is the basic spec and you barely get any features with it.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=54

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=53

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=55
    2006/2008 - 52 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX, Platinum Silver

2008 - 04 Audi A3 8P1 2.0 TDi (140) Sport, Mauritius Blue

2013 - 2010 Audi B8 S4, Quartz Grey

Boycie

Status
    2003 A3 you can get for sub 8k

Some are going for as low as 6-6.5k!!

You could probably purchase a facelift (2005) s-line for around 9k but check the trader/piston heads etc...

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    I would be willing to spend 9k on a facelift S-Line the steering wheel and front is different, what else did they change?

Is it worth the extra money?

What do you think about auctions? I know a lot of A3's are company cars, perhaps a fleet sale?

Really craving this car now

Joe

Neutral

Status
    in all honesty go to a dealer and do it that way, i got a 2005 (55) a few months back and every little niggle ive just swung past the dealer and they have fixed it on the spot and its going in on wednesday for a full service and to look at the turbo as its developed a whine. if you buy out right you can do as you please with it mod wise, but any changed engine componants wont be covered by warranty.

I payed i would say about 1k over the odds for the car in this current climate but i still got it for well under trade price, and with the piece of mind that for the next year its not my problem if somthing goes wrong with it.

F

Speed doesn't Kill!

Status
    Golf is now gone. Got 9K as my max budget now. Looking for an S-Line DSG 2.0 TDi with reasonable mileage in either Phantom Black, Marritius Blue or Dolphin Grey. Don't mind if it is pre-facelift. But there are a few about. Going to blackbushe this week hopefully to see whats there.

Any advice?

Cheers,
    Joe

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe90k View Post
    Hello,

Cut a long story short, I currently have a MK4 Golf GT TDi and am looking for something a little newer and quicker. I hate the MK5 golf's shape but want the engine and I absolutely love the shape and interior of the A3, so its the obvious choice (The insurance is also less than my golf atm).

I am looking for a 2.0TDi S-Line DSG 140PS obviously from 2003 onwards.

What sort of money do these go for because there are a few around but they seem to range from 6.5k - 18k depending on year and spec.

Any other advice on where to find one on the cheap is muchly appreciated. I have around 8k - 9k to spend is that optimistic?

Cheers
    Joe
    I have a silver chipped face lifted 03 2.0tdi s-lined body kitted to keep the insurance down A3 if your still interested? 17" audi rims FSH new cam belt fiited only 3 weeks ago with 125k on the clock. plus the original body work.

Email me if your still interested I only want 6700, good reason for sale, my mother in-law aka the DRAGON! wants us out the house!

Basically i think the car is where you want it... All done for you. She's a beut!
    Last edited by AKfreak; 2nd June 2009 at 14:27.

1st Gear

Status
    PM Sent
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)