Run over an tuned remap?

wolfbane1967

Reaction score
Is it dangerous for the ecu if the Audi service place run over and replace the remap file with an new original Audi file?

I don't think so, but you will loose your remap.

it wont be damaging but they will erase the ecu and then reflash it with the standard stuff (updated) but you will loose your remap.

Seat done it on our LCR but we went back and they put it back on (most reputable remapers will)

Yeah as Kaz says, it basically wipes & reflashes so shouldnt cause issues & any tuners would do it for free I suspect or for a minimal charge, but look at it from there perspective, they tuned it & it was fine, then you take to audi & they wipe it, so you now go back to the tuners & say audi wiped it, they're in there own rights to say well its gonna cost you another map fella, they have 100% right to do this cause they did there job correctly, this is what some people tend to forget & it annoys me to see people whingeing about it, no one on here but you get my point.

they tuned it & it was fine, then you take to audi & they wipe it, so you now go back to the tuners & say audi wiped it, they're in there own rights to say well its gonna cost you another map fella, they have 100% right to do this cause they did there job correctly, this is what some people tend to forget & it annoys me to see people whingeing about it, no one on here but you get my point.

I think it would prove quite interesting if you where to apply the 1978 Sales of Goods Act too a case of this sort, though regardless of legal rights would anyone on here go and have there car mapped at ABC Tuner paying £4-550 after reading posts of Audi refreshing and then ABC Tuner wanting to charge more money for a second map o the same car.
Would you go to that company and spend your hard earned?

Are you for real mate, if we all took the stance of who would use a company because of this particular situation then we'd all have stock cars, lol.

& not being funny but anyone who has a map knows the risks associated with using audi & what they do anyway, so its there responsibility to check audi dont do these things, not the tuners at all, legally you have no case whatsoever, fact not fiction is what the courts look at & as for sale of goods act, uh sorry mate but try reading it again, cause as far as the tuner is concerned they did the job you paid them to & in eyes of law aswell, your case would have no merit whatsoever

If you then goto audi & they feck it up how can that possibly be the tuners responsibility to put it back on at no cost if they had done it correctly in 1st place, get real, its like buying a eg. can of coke from tescos & then drinking it & taking back & saying can I have a new one FOC cause this ones empty, uh you drank it sir so hows that for us to replace it for you without a charge, not greatest analogy but it makes my point completely, please seriously think about it, if you were the tuner & you had me come to you & say put it back on FOC would you say sorry no we didnt remove it did we.

Just for info. l had to have my ecu changed. New ecu no map. My GIAC dealer remapped no questions asked.

As I've said most tuners would help out by either redoing the map FOC or a small charge for there time which you can bill audi for if they didnt advise you of the upgrade while with them.

Ok, my friend just wanted to know if it should be any issues with his ecu if Audi runs over the remap.

Thanks for your answers :icon_thumright: