S3 Facelift Vid. What mods to achieve chatter.

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

I really like the OEM look and feel of orginal cars. I would prefer descreet hidden mods without the need for air filters etc.

Can anyone shed any light of whats in the video. I would posibbly stretch to a REVO remap / miltek TBE.

More to the point, what gives the chatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhThSdpa7vE&feature=related

David

only kidding.... it sounds quite deep like a 3.2 he's probly got a milltech and induction kit on .....

No, you are right, it is the Audi. *10B got there.

As for the noise, I have no idea what is making it, but I am sure the answer will be here soon. :drag:

No, you are right, it is the Audi. *10B got there.

As for the noise, I have no idea what is making it, but I am sure the answer will be here soon. :drag:

i was being sarky mate just playing:haha:

lol :beerchug: . it's a diverter valve and the intake. sounds great!:drool:

whats a divertor valve dont a3s have them anyway ....and intake as in a forge or something ??

i was being sarky mate just playing:haha:

I know mate :friends:, I just deleted some other crap I wrote about how they managed to record that vid. Looks like it was strapped to their chest?!

Anybody make out the road signs? They look like German Stadt signs to me, but I stand to be corrected.

What would it sound like with just a dv valve on with no intake?

David

i think the best way to achieve that is to get forge dv and cai together. didn't hear any forge dv without cai, so can't tell.
yes blazin, it's probably forge dv .

Yea, sounds like he's running a Revo map with a high boost setting. My car makes exactly the same noise, I bet there is a Forge CAI on there too, as well as a Forge DV.

What would it sound like with just a dv valve on with no intake?

David

It'll need an itake to get the noise so vocal. It's really quiet otherwise (you can only just hear it). Either an EVOMS or Forge would do the trick with the forge DV.

What about the carbonio intake?

If your talking about the small carbon looking thing, I don't think it'll make much of an improvement in noise. I could be wrong!
I was advised that i'd have to lose the engine cover as there is a huge filter in there blocking the noise and it doesn't escape.
:whistle2:
There must be someone out there that's tested it......?

Thats my biggest problem as I like the engine cover. But I want the noise.

Can't Win ever heehehehehe. Thanks for the replies DeckedS3.

Anyone tested the carbonio intake?

Carbonio make little if any performance difference I'm afraid.
You have a little more mid range response, but no specifc gains on max torque or power.
I ran one for a while and ended up going back to the stock intake assembly.
It does look nice in the engine bay though ;) and was perhaps marginally louder than stock, but could have been a placebo affect!

If you want performance and a little more noise, then as stated, I proper CAI like the Evoms, Forge or Dbilas will hit the spot ;)

You can buy an Evoms engine cover to keep it relatively OEM - the grey insert is whatever is on your stock engine cover:

8p_engine_cover_small.jpg

http://www.vag-tuner.com/acatalog/2.0TFSI.html

I don't have one I'm afriad - maybe if you contacted Regal and asked if they had a shot of one installed?

Definitely the sound of a Forge DV + intake (a proper intake not one of these silly Carbonio jobbies).
I have a Forge DV and Forge Intake and mine sound almost exactly the same.

Regal don't have any of the engine covers in stock right now. They're waiting for their next big shipment to stick one in for me. Mention that you're a member of *cough*another forum and they should be able to do it for about £100.

Speak to Paul :icon_thumright: