Audi A3 quattro (315hp) vs SLK 350

phille87

Reaction score
I got a Audi A3 2.0 tfsi quattro which is maybe going to be tuned to 315 hk. My friend is getting a SLK 350 from the dealer june 22th.

The kit includes, bigger turbo, fuel pump,race kat etc..

Audi a3 quattro 315 HP /400NM (4WD) MAN

VS

Merc SLK 350 305 HP /350NM (RWD) AUT

Who do you guys think will win from standing start and from rolling..?

I have an SLK350 at home also. It's an entirely different driving experience. You didn't specify manual versus automatic by the way.

I'd say from a standing start the SLK should be able to take the A3... possibly from a roll also, if it's in the right gear. In a corner or a twisty circuit however, there'd be NO WAY ON EARTH that I could keep up with a good driver in a quattro A3 in the SLK.

It's not the standing/rolling that makes the difference; -it's the straight versus the twisty!

The wife drives the SLK most days. I drive the A3 (2.0T) weekdays and the Porsche (89 951S) usually at the weekends. Sometimes we swap cars. -If it wasn't sunny most days here, I don't think we'd have the SLK at all... It has a peasant amount of 'grunt', and there's no waiting for the spool to build, but it's not a chuckable/tossable car that you can get into some serious 'twist-grins' with.

Keith

What counts in the straight is the power to weight ratio + driving skills, especially for the launch & gear changes. I think it's going to be very close though. The SLK is just a bit lighter as far as I know, so they seem to be very equal.

Yea, SLK is lighter and with less torque, audi is 4WD,

I think if I would have any chance at all, it would be from 0