LAMIN-X on Ibis White.. Facelift 09 lights..

jacky

Audi newb!
Reaction score
Hiya.. Recently ordered an Ibis White A3 (delivery is mid July) :w00t:.. Anyways.. after seeing some pics of Lamin-x, Im actually in love <3..

I had a look on the lamin-x website and it seems resonable although i cannot decide which colour to buy..

I am getting optics grill on it so i was wondering what colour is best: 'Tint' or 'Gun Smoke'??

I would really like a blacked out look and Gunsmoke seems the best bit but i have read that it may be too dark..
Here's a list of light reduction percentages for each of the "tinted" films:​
Tint 5%.​
Gunsmoke 10%​
These are the only pics i have found.. Not sure what colour is used?

DSC024981.jpg

DSC024911.jpg

Ibis006.jpg

didnt rabbit have tint lamin x on his he acctually said the xenons arnt affected to much ...aswell i wouldnt get gunsmoke make your car look like a halfords boy subtle tint is the way forward imho.... looks nice

Top two look like gunsmoke, bottom looks like tint. I like being able to see at night too much to go for gunsmoke :p plus.. it really looks obvious. When I get paid, I'm going to have a look at the tint...

Light smoke is pretty dark.

Anyone got any pics of lamin-x on a Sprint Blue car?
Personaly think all the shiney blingy stuff looks good with Sprint rather than going the stealth route but as I already have factory rear tints (wouldnt spec them personally but came with the car already specced) I thought it might might contrast well?
Would have to be subtle though, nothing too dark.

cheers
Paul

Paul i had a look for you because i'm sure Jamie Kip Sprint Blue S3 has lamin-x on. PM him and im sure he can send you the link. I thought it good quite good.

Ashley

EDIT: here you go http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=61380&highlight=lamin-x

Anyone got any pics of lamin-x on a Sprint Blue car?
Personaly think all the shiney blingy stuff looks good with Sprint rather than going the stealth route but as I already have factory rear tints (wouldnt spec them personally but came with the car already specced) I thought it might might contrast well?
Would have to be subtle though, nothing too dark.

cheers
Paul

Here's mine - I've used TINT.
Although it's not sprint or ibis, it gives you the idea.

rsz_shez_camera_183.jpg

OI, JACKY -

Why are you using a picture of MY old Ibis A3 on your post>?

I have lamin-x tint on my car as already pointed out.
It's weird, sometime it can look dark (maybe a little too dark!), but other times it looks like the lightest of tints. Depends on the light conditions really.

Here's some pic's:

DSC05137.jpg

DSC05138.jpg

087.jpg

02022009064.jpg

P1030026.jpg

P1020933.jpg

this is Tint on my Ibis

024-1.jpg

Thanks for the post.. thats really helpful. Just a question mate: Do you have tints on your windows at all?.. If so i was wondfering if you have any idea what % they were and if you have any hassle from the polis?.. Pictures aswell? :applaus:

Thanks

I have lamin-x tint on my car as already pointed out.

Well that's just great Jamie! Here was me thinking no more spends this month...:laugh:

I think I will go for the American site, rather from the UK vendor.

Nice pics as ever. :respekt:

Yup thats TINT on my S3. Gunsmoke is way too dark and impacts noticeably on the light intensity (think I mentioned this to you in the PM)
So ya TINT is the way to go

Yup thats TINT on my S3. Gunsmoke is way too dark and impacts noticeably on the light intensity (think I mentioned this to you in the PM)
So ya TINT is the way to go

Yes thanks for the PM.. I was meaning his windows (NOT his headlights).. i was wondering if he had tints on his windows and if so what %..

:arco:

Hi All,
I have a 10% discount code for the UK site - if you're interested, PM me as I can't really post it here.

Thanks.

Yes thanks for the PM.. I was meaning his windows (NOT his headlights).. i was wondering if he had tints on his windows and if so what %..

:arco:

Only factory tints, not optional darker 1's