EM TuningVolks Autos
    (●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status

which mobile phones work best with bluetooth in car?

I am looking at getting a new phone, and I would really like to get one that doesnt make the bluetooth in the car sound like a dalek when some one rings!

Just wondering if people could post up what phone they have and how it reacts with the bluetooth.

I understand some peoples phones actually ring with their own ringtone through the bluetooth etc

Also is the annoying bong connection down to style of phone or is it just the way it is.........

cheers in advance...
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    ATTENTION MODS:

How about a sticky listing what BlueTooth phones are supported for the A3 based on real user experience.

I'm thinking we could list phones tried and tested and categorise them as follows

Unsupported
    Supported with 3rd party software add on (detail software required)
    Patial support (detail what does not work)
    Full native support

I'll start,

Nokia 6500 Slide = Full Native support
    Nokie N73 - Partial Support (Nokia Connection Manager)
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    You mean this list?

This list of phones has been tested in the EU & US with an EU or US RNS-E . Your results may vary due to firmware issues with the phones etc.

So far paired and Hands free profiles with GSM commands for phone book, Missed/dialed/received calls etc

Apple Iphone
    Apple Iphone 3G
    SE 510i
    SE K550i
    SE K608i
    SE K610i
    SE K700i
    SE K750i
    SE K800i
    SE K850i (requires FW version R1EA031 for received/missed calls list fix)
    SE S700i
    SE W800i
    SE T68
    SE Z540
    SE P990i (Symbian, but works)
    Sony-Ericsson P1i
    Nokia 6021
    Nokia 6111
    Nokia 6230
    Nokia 6230i
    Nokia 6233
    Nokia 6234
    Nokia 6280
    Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 6500 Slide
    Nokia 6800
    Nokia 6822
    Nokia 8800
    Nokia 8801
    Nokia E51 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia E65 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia E90 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia N73 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia N95 (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia N95 8Gb (Phonebook download with revision Q BT module and Nokia 810 download manager installed)
    Nokia N96
    Nokia 5800 Music express
    Motorola Razor V3
    Motorola Razor V3i
    Motorola L6
    Motorola SLVR L7
    Motorola V550
    Motorola V600 (in BT mode)
    Motorola Z6
    Motorola V8 (new)
    Orange SPV M600
    O2 XDA mini S
    Siemens S65
    I-Mate K-Jam (firmware dependant)
    Samsung P300
    Samsung A900 (firmware YL10)
    Samsung D880
    Samsung SGHG600
    Samsung U900
    Cingular 2125 Smartphone (HTC Faraday) (Orange C600?)
    MDA Vario
    Treo 650 (firmware dependant)
    Treo 700wx
    Blackberry 8700c
    Blackberry 8100g (Pearl UK O2)
    HTC TyTN II
    HTC P3300 with WM6

Phones that worked, with Hands free, but not the GSM commands (PDA phones mainly)

SE P910i
    Nokia 3233
    Nokia 7710
    For all Nokia E & N series you need revision Q of the phone module or better
    Nokia N70
    Nokia N80 very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly
    Nokia N91
    Nokia Ngage
    Nokia 6620
    Nokia 6682
    Samsung D500
    Samsung D600
    Samsung i730
    Motorola MPX220
    Motorola Z8 (symbian)
    Qtek 2020i - Flakey
    Sprint Audiovox PPC6600
    LG Chocolate
    LG Viewty (very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly)

Phones that found the Interface ,but no pairing at all:

T-Mobile MDA II
    O˛ XDA II
    Last edited by s8craig; 11th May 2009 at 22:06.

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    Yes thats the sort of thing. Just in english .......

The main issue i wish to know is what phones ring the same through bluetooth as they do throught he phone.

I know this is petty , but hey everytime my phone rings it scares the ****e out of me!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got the Google G1 phone (HTC) and it works spot on with my bluetooth fitted on the S3. Very clear the only problem I find is when 70-80mph+ on motorway the microphone isnt very loud so find myself slowing down so the person on the other end can hear me better, but apart from that its spot on. The ring tone can scare ya though tis a standard "ring ring" but very loud lol. Hope thats helpful?
    '08 Plate Audi S3 - Phantom Black. Mods to come.

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●̮̮̃•̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
    I've got the Google G1 phone (HTC) and it works spot on with my bluetooth fitted on the S3. Very clear the only problem I find is when 70-80mph+ on motorway the microphone isnt very loud so find myself slowing down so the person on the other end can hear me better, but apart from that its spot on. The ring tone can scare ya though tis a standard "ring ring" but very loud lol. Hope thats helpful?
    yup thats great !

standard ring ring is a lot better that my dalek!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Is bluetooth standard in most S3's does someone know? i.e. with the Satelite Navigation Plus? Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread - I just dont have the car or manual yet so just being a bit impatient!
    Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GConn View Post
    Always an optional extra as far as I know & no, it doesn't come with the navi plus package.

Interesting, I thought that my N73 wouldn't work with the car's BT
    That's weird because when I went to look at the S3 I am buying shortly the dealer said you can just bluetooth your IPhone to the car - what in the car would enable this? Some aftermarket Parrot kit?

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenx View Post
    That's weird because when I went to look at the S3 I am buying shortly the dealer said you can just bluetooth your IPhone to the car - what in the car would enable this? Some aftermarket Parrot kit?
    I would hazard a guess that most S3s were ordered with the mobile phone prep. It wasn't standard on any model but if someone is spending Ł27k+ on a car Ł385 for BT isn't a huge amount.

Obviously this particular car has that option.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    I would hazard a guess that most S3s were ordered with the mobile phone prep. It wasn't standard on any model but if someone is spending Ł27k+ on a car Ł385 for BT isn't a huge amount.

Obviously this particular car has that option.
    Ah ok, the advert for the car I'm getting says 'GSM mobile telephone prep' so sounds like it's got it! Sorry I'm really asking some thicko questions! cheers for your help all.

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    ATTENTION MODS:

How about a sticky listing what BlueTooth phones are supported for the A3 based on real user experience.
    I'm trying to keep the sticky threads short but sweet mate so it's better if you know of a useful thread as this one is turning out to be then please post a link in the FAQs thread in a similar format to those posted by Benskin i.e. a short but informative title and then the link to the thread.

If not this thread then create a new one by all means and in your thread intro let everyone know you would like it to become a thread you link into the FAQs page and then others should keep their answers short and to the point.
    Last edited by Staz; 12th May 2009 at 13:41.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status

Love your commander in chief sig pic Leon, lol, spot on man

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    We switch between various Audis and Nokia 6300 and 6500 work perfectly.
    I've had and intend to hav elots of nice Audis

AUSmotive.com

Status
    I tested my iPhone 3G on a TT (was the only car the dealer had at the time with Nav) and it worked fine. As much as you can tell in a 30 second phone call with the other person standing outside a couple of metres away.

My boss has an A4 Avant with bluetooth and her iPhone works really well. It's unbelievably easy to pair up. All you have to do is switch the iPhone on to bluetooth and the car picks up it up within a few seconds, punch in the access code on the car (IIRC it is 1234) and you're all done.

Big ups for technology.
    AUSmotive.com // AUSringers.com

AUDI: MY10 S3 (8P3) / Nav+AMI / Sunroof / Blackout Grille / RS6 FBMFSW / PSS10s / Milltek TBE / APR HPFP / APR Stage 2+ tune
    VOLKSWAGEN: 1980 Mk1 Golf GTI

Neutral

Status
    I have a S3 with bluetooth phone, and a nokia N95 i can make phone calls no problems but i cant get the phonebook to load for some reason? so do i need to change the phone?

But i have been told if i go on to Nokia and down load one of these it will work? has anybody tried this?

http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,42796,00.html
    Last edited by 6andy69; 14th May 2009 at 08:45.
    Dark blue S3, black grill, cruise, bluetooth, 12cd changer, bose, milltek, stealth remap , jetex airfilter

5th Gear

Status
    I've been told that the N95 works perfectly fine if you use the download.

I dont have this phone though so cannot comfirm this.

I'd like to know if there are any issues with the pairing of the N96. I've been told that it does not pair with the Audi bluetooth properly and there are issues.

But S8craigs list above has it down as pairing ok.

Can anyone confirm if the N96 works ok?

Does anyone have one personally?

I'm about to get a new phone - within the next week or so, so would like to know before I take the plunge between the iPhone and the N96.

Thanks
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

5th Gear

Status
    I've actually been in store yesterday to look at a N96 - wont be getting one now - they are way to plasticky for my liking. Felt cheap.
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

Neutral

Status
    which download do youn have to use for the N95 because i have tried one of the downloads and when i click inside the car it just says processing for ages???
    Dark blue S3, black grill, cruise, bluetooth, 12cd changer, bose, milltek, stealth remap , jetex airfilter

Neutral

Status
    which download do you have to use for the N95 because i have downloaded one at it just says processing for ages once you select it from inside the car??

6th Gear

Status
    The nokia 810 contacts download manager works, but it also depends on your phone firmware and the phone ECU module SW and revision in your car.

Neutral

Status
    do you no how long it takes to download and does anything come up on the car menu saying phone book downloading? i mite not be leaving it long enough

thx

6th Gear

Status
    It depends how many contacts you have, my 200 or so used to take about 2 mins. As far as I know it just says "please wait" in the DIS and if it fails it says "no entries"

So you have no indication until the phone bleeps and says transfer complete.