PCV mod help please!

Keith_S3

Reaction score
Hi all been reading up on any posts i can find about this, and have found the link to a part that has been made for this purpose.
my question is this is not how jonny c did his and i see a few others have this listed as a mod on there posts, can anyone tell me what's required to do it jonny c's way and are there any ill effect's caused by it.
Thanks Keith

Whats the part nr for the stop end you put at the forge hose?
Cant find it at forge site

mmm,it worked when i posted it!

Ok,i found the part on Forge,try this link now:
Hhttp://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMTB052K

Brillant thankyou,
now the all important question for fast not furious,
as some one other than jonny c, have you ever noticed any difference with this carried out?
and thanks again
Keith

Brillant thankyou,
now the all important question for fast not furious,
as some one other than jonny c, have you ever noticed any difference with this carried out?
and thanks again
Keith

Erm - no. I still think it's a worthwhile mod though,especially for the minimal outlaw,and safety factor:

"The PCV opens and vents oil vapour into the the inlet manifold where it's then burnt off in the engine. This is done to control emissions. Used engine oil going back into the engine ain't a good thing.

If the PCV fails the result can be increased pressure in the manifold resulting the engine oil cap being blown off by the pressure. With this modification all boost is kept in the inlet manifold and fed back into the system rather than the PCV venting boost which can be anything up to 4psi.

This isn't really approved of as technically you are venting oil vapour into the atmosphere and therefore flouting emissions laws but it's such a tiny amount that yo won't ever be able to tell the difference"

Thank's the reason im looking into this is that like jonny c said somewhere, sometimes i feel the car is not as responsive as others just at random times it will feel much quicker than others!